Not covered by the media. 

#242 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,068 posts

Posted Today, 06:11 AM

Of course not, it defeats the Narrative.  

Not covered by the media. 

#243 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,439 posts

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

Sadly many conservatives have become the same crybabies as the liberals. When you agree that a baker should not be forced to make a cake for a gay couple, you can not demand that an internet service provider must host content that they see in conflict with their business model.

The correct response it to no longer use paypal and make them pay through business lost.

When there ends up with just one bakery or florist in a particular market, you might have a point. So long as there's just one Facebook, Twitter, Paypal, et al, their use of their monopolistic power for partisan political purposes needs to be challenged.

There are many, many companies that offer the services Google, Facebook, Paypal/etc give. Don't like those companies? Go somewhere else or start your own. 

I dislike these companies immensely, but all these anti-trust talks I hear make me very nervous. It's now wonder it was the progressives who came with those laws.

I am a free enterprise person but there have been, are, and will be cases where the government, however poorly, needs to step in. A law protecting political opinion perhaps. If not then anti-trust actions. Laissez faire works about as well as anarchism and libertarianism, too one sided. Particularly when previous government actions have helped to create the problem. At least undo that and see. They are either pass thoroughs or publishers, not both and neither at the same time.

And then the conservatives want to drop net neutrality to make things worse.

Imho the basic problem is that conservative politicians rarely have any ideas on how the internet works and conservative persons rarely see the value of innovation. Not one of the internet companies started with big giant cooperation behind it. There were plenty of chances to get a share in them to get some control, but conservatives do hardly invest in such companies. So liberals invest into those companies and liberals use the platforms and help it grow. And after they have become mainstream conservatives start using them and complain about having to use (why btw?) those evil liberal platforms.

#244 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

So it's conservative's fault that Big Tech discriminates against conservative content.  What nonsense.  As for investment, I have little doubt that conservative investors were as willing to put money into those businesses as anyone else.  In practice, the opinions of individual investors have next to no effect on the running of widely held businesses and none when businesses are mostly private..

#245 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,516 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

One of the best arguments I have heard against net neutrality is that Google, Netflix and Amazon all support it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users