#1 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1247 PM

Thread title is self-explanatory. This is what I should have made initially instead of just Replays - so disregard that one.

Post here your battle reports and replays (put replays here - http://mwreplays.com/ )

#2 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1319 PM

Victory! Map: Port Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:22:55 AM
Vehicle:: Cruiser Mk. IV
Exp: 1,492 + Credits: 24,987 (Compensation: 180)
Achievements: : Master Gunner, Sharpshooter

Only did 1230 damage in a tier 6 battle. Get carried!

There! You happy! <_<

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1332 PM

:lol:

#4 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,983 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 28 January 2013 - 0808 AM

Nice game in the T71 batting cleanup.

Victory!
Battle: Mountain Pass Monday, January 28, 2013 5:56:28 AM
Vehicle: T71
Experience received: 1,833
Credits received: 37,383
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper

#5 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 1920 PM

Posted Image

The battle that compensated my bad luck in the past couple days.

Posted Image

If you actually watch the battle you'll see I got real lucky overall. All my shots at cmdr cupolas hit where I aimed and all my shots did hp damage. And I managed to break them very early on with my first 3-4 shots - 2-3 important tanks were crippled and intimidated, from there on it was easy.

However it's a bit boring to watch, I don't really do anything especially creative, just keep good hull-down position and hit often, so I won't be mad if you skip it.

Edited by Fritz, 28 January 2013 - 1954 PM.

#6 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 1422 PM

Day before yesterday I could not lose in Hellcat. Think I won, like, 14 of 15 battles or something. Today - reversed. 6 losses in 6 games.
But if I perform like this, you know it is one of those days:

Defeat! Map: Serene Coast den 29 januari 2013 20:04:00
Vehicle:: M18 Hellcat
Exp: 991 + Credits: 26 469
Achievements: : Pool's Medal, Top Gun

10 kills. At the end I was alone against 5 of them. Picked off 3, left a broken down P38 and... a Matilda at 100%.
Problem was - I was all out of ammo. Last attempt I did in the game was trying to ram the P38, but the Matilda got me. Both were sitting on our cap.

#7 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 29 January 2013 - 1503 PM

Twelve straight wins. Almost all the teams were amazing. Worked together. Knew to hit enemies from flanks rather than all bunching up in one area from the front. It's like I entered an alternate universe.

I need to go buy lotto tickets...

Edit: Right after posting this I get two losses with two absolutely boneheaded teams full of nothing but mouthbreathers.

Edited by Skywalkre, 29 January 2013 - 1510 PM.

#8 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,445 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1222 PM

Blog (in Russian) that has some of replays by some of quite good players, even w/o Russian knowledge those are worth watching as some of the tactics are let's say a bit unorthodox. Regularly updated.
http://panzer-journal.ru/

#9 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1331 PM

The power of platooning.

Had three terribad players (40, 44, and 48% w/r) all in a KV-1S on Fisherman's Bay (northern team). They wait about 2 minutes after we start and just move straight towards the enemy cap. They stuck together the whole way. Ended up getting 6 or so kills amongst themselves. Capped for the win.

#10 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,752 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1432 PM

My M46 Patton is cursed could not win a game all week, hopefully broke that last night with 4 kills and a win.

#11 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1523 PM

The power of platooning.

Had three terribad players (40, 44, and 48% w/r) all in a KV-1S on Fisherman's Bay (northern team). They wait about 2 minutes after we start and just move straight towards the enemy cap. They stuck together the whole way. Ended up getting 6 or so kills amongst themselves. Capped for the win.

I see this fairly often recently. It does go against the rule that deep red players are absolutely worthless.

Posted Image

#12 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1528 PM

The power of platooning.

I see this fairly often recently. It does go against the rule that deep red players are absolutely worthless.

I looked closer at their stats and I'm wondering if they're botters most of the time. One of the guys had 8k games and only 1k kills. Another one had similar stats (these were the 40 and 44% guys). To know enough to wait till the enemy is engaged in the normal areas, move up together, stick together, and cap takes more brain power than someone who gets such a low record by playing all the time.

#13 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1544 PM

After the horrible Campinovka experience I had on my Type T-34 I jumped in my T34.

Victory!
Battle: Ensk Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17:00 PM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 1,834
Credits received: 120,625
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sniper

Yep, that's right. A Steel Wall in a T34. I lucked out though.

Game started real bad. I was on the northern team and heading east when I saw all their Type 59s zoom up into one of the enclosed courtyards near our base. They should have been overrun because all our heavies, minus me, were heading toward them and they outnumbered them over 2:1. Instead, my team gets scared and plays hesitant. By the time I get to the fight we've lost 2-3 and several others are badly damaged.

I move in. There's a broken building at the northern part of this enclosure so only my hull is showing. I Get 2 kills and scare the crap out of several of their tanks. Then 2 of their heavies flank me from around the corner from the east. They can't aim. I'm able to back up to the far edge of the western side of the map. There I turn south and use the hull of one of my dead teammates to hide my hull and pick off 1 more tank way in the south and severely damage another, sending it running away. I then circle in around the last Type 59 still on the inside. At this point, what was a surefire defeat was now in our hands. I move to the middle towards their base and kill a T34. We cap with almost half our team still alive and only 1 of theirs. It was a great recovery. In no small part to myself, thankyouverymuch. ;)

Edited by Skywalkre, 30 January 2013 - 1549 PM.

#14 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1552 PM

If you can abuse terrain it's not that hard to get Steel Wall in T34. Not to mention you can dance against an incompetent player your hull so that you'll bounce far more than your fair share.

#15 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 1713 PM

Still, Steel Wall is fairly rare compared to real tier 8 heavies. I average one in ~2.2% of my games (looking at other players that seems to be fairly consistent) in the T34. That's half of my next closest tier 8 (IS-3 at ~4.5%) and just barely above what I averaged in the T-44 (~1.6%).

Edited by Skywalkre, 30 January 2013 - 1722 PM.

#16 JamesR

JamesR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Military hardware, Shooting, Reloading, Computers, Astronomy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 2327 PM

I've uploaded a few of my replays to youtube. My youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.c...b?feature=watch

Here is my first attempt of adding commentary to my replays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clbwKm7cxtk&list=PLAH4yl5r83rurSAs-sRxiPrpaRCqsARr6&index=34

#17 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,445 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 0724 AM

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:07:42 PM
Vehicle: T71
Experience received: 1,916
Credits received: 50,877
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Patrol Duty, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

7 kills, last one (Grille) by ramming as I was out of ammo.

Defense, went down to forest, positioned myself and shot everything that dared to come close.

#18 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 0839 AM

I've uploaded a few of my replays to youtube. My youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.c...b?feature=watch Here is my first attempt of adding commentary to my replays: ....

JamesR you make that look too easy. Enjoyed the replay.

#19 Mistral

Mistral

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer wargames.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 1308 PM

In the T1HT I got scout and I only traveled 150m :huh:

Sand river normal battle, south side. Everyone of team goes over the hills and town to the east so I stop and take position on the cap point behind some rocks to protect the 2 arty who stayed there. It seems the enemy had the same idea as our team but they took the other way to our base. I think I spotted 12 enemy tanks and killed 8 including 4 churchils, best battle in a while.

#20 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 1659 PM

First game on the Type 58 and with a 75 gunner! I think I'm going to like this one. ;)

Victory!
Battle: Mines Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:49:27 PM
Vehicle: Type 58
Experience received: 2,574 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 28,164
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "3rd Class"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users