1786 replies to this topic

#1781 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,050 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM

Ummmm, how would the majority of people on this site react if someone who has never seen a tank would start explaining how it works and how to use it in battle?

/R

Are they asking good questions? Are they pointing out flaws in the data? There are plenty of examples of people with lots of letters after their names being incapable for one reason or another of critical thought. Bowing before credentialism is a mistake.

Maybe it's an American thing, but I don't have a problem with a plumber asking questions of a PhD. If the PhD is as smart as they are supposed to be, then the facts should speak for themselves. If the answer is "How dare you question me!", then my BS meter starts pegging.

What if the facts speak for themselves, the PhD explains as much, and the plumber doesn't listen?

Take this controversy over Hydroxychloroquine.  It's been entered into studies around the world for weeks now to see if it has any meaningful effect in treating this virus.  Here in the states it was made more available to docs to use despite the lack of evidence.  In short, everything that should have been done in case it turns out this drug is helpful, has been done... yet folks on the Right here in the States are bitching over... what exactly?

Keep in mind we also have a real concern that we have enough of the drug on hand to treat those who have conditions where we know the drug is effective.

#1782 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 PM

In short, everything that should have been done in case it turns out this drug is helpful, has been done... yet folks on the Right here in the States are bitching over... what exactly?

Keep in mind we also have a real concern that we have enough of the drug on hand to treat those who have conditions where we know the drug is effective.

I think most are fundamentally bitching that your best buds, TDS sufferers, the MSM, Huffpuff...whoever, are mounting a huge propaganda campaign to stifle the use of those drugs as a means of driving up the body count.

Edited by DKTanker, Yesterday, 09:13 PM.

#1783 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,050 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

In short, everything that should have been done in case it turns out this drug is helpful, has been done... yet folks on the Right here in the States are bitching over... what exactly?

I think most are fundamentally bitching that your best buds, TDS sufferers, the MSM, Huffpuff...whoever, are mounting a huge propaganda campaign to stifle the use of those drugs as a means of driving up the body count.

Oh hey, it's DKTanker with another petty attempt at an insult.  :lol:

Are you honestly calling out certain groups for wanting to drive up the body count by advocating folks shouldn't get their hopes up for a drug that is unproven in treating this virus... when you and others on here have argued for lessening the temporary measures taken in regards to businesses (closing certain ones down, telling folks to stay at home, all the social distancing stuff...) that would actually drive up infection rates and up the body count?

Seriously...?  :blink:

#1784 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 18 minutes ago

Looking at comments like this, I'm getting more and more sure that COVID is actually a severe inflammation of the brain.

I mean, seriously, someone mentioning "TDS" and then accusing the Democrats of trying to drive up the body count is pretty wild.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist, 2 minutes ago.

#1785 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 minutes ago

In New York what ever social distancing has been implemented, the changes made to the society are still not enough.

For example, one of my Team works up there and rides the subway to work. He's been going in the whole time, critical staff and all. The Subway was for several days very vacant, then the city pared back service, then suddenly it's packed again. Fewer trains or buses means more people per train or standing around on the platforms waiting for longer interval trains.. Then the city leaders, mayor, governor, etc, scream that there are too many people on the trains. 

Also, for social distancing models, in New York there are hundreds if not thousands of people riding the same elevators. Conversely in many other states in the US you have populations that MAY see an elevator a few times a year. 

Does the social distancing model account for periodically crossing  paths with someone as you go down the hall to dump garbage down the garbage chute or take an elevator down to get food from the nearby bodega? If so, does it also account for the suburban home owner who doesn't live on top of their neighbor or the rural farmer who lives more than 1000 yards from his nearest neighbor? 

Like I said, stop obsessing over these models.

You think other countries don't have elevators or trains or apartment blocks? Social distancing has had a similar effect in most countries and cities it has been enforced. Two weeks after a lockdown, new cases are starting do decline and the curve is flattening out.

Just as is happening in New York. 

#1786 Detonable

Detonable

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 10 minutes ago

Skywalkre, at least a couple of states have banned the drug. One is Michigan. Incidentally, a Democratic politician in Michigan was given the drug and credits it with aiding her recovery. Fortunately she got it before her governor banned it.

Trump has openly said he hopes the drug works but it might not work. Hes not claiming it works.

The governors banning the drug are essentially claiming they know better than doctors how to treat the disease.

The large section of the news media that are Democrat cheering sections are claiming Trump is giving dangerous advice and they need to hide his press conferences from the population to protect them. I think theyll eventually get at least a few people killed if they havent already, by getting helpful drugs banned just because Trump mentioned them, and they hate his supporters so much they cant allow that.

#1787 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 4 minutes ago

Skywalkre, at least a couple of states have banned the drug. One is Michigan.

Please, you can check these claims in just a few seconds with Google. What you wrote isn't even factually true. Why do you guys insist on constantly piling on these bullshit claims?