4050 replies to this topic

#21 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 0913 AM

3" CS is just at too high a tier to be really effective. At tier 2 or 3 it would be good (*cough*tetrarch*cough*) but at anything higher most tanks have that much alpha without the long flight time and for far less credits

#22 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1146 AM

Would anybody like to give a quick synopsis of what went down today with Clan Wars? Seems there was a major meltdown in today's event.

Thanks,

Scott

New info here clears it up for me:

http://forum.worldof...24#entry3583724

Edited for new informative link

Scott

Not sure what their problem was. Forge and Anvil were the first two clans to apply for our landing zones. *shrugs* We lost in the semifinal to SIMP on New York. Not too shabby for our A team who literally had no strategy other than "Go get them!"

In the mean time, Europe is still open, and we landed in France between battles packing 15 autoloaders. trolololo

#23 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1235 PM

Jay-zus Fritz!

Edited by FlyingCanOpener, 26 January 2013 - 1319 PM.

#24 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1248 PM

Wrong thread.

:P

Right thread - http://208.84.116.22...showtopic=37264

#25 Rubberanvil

Rubberanvil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1719 PM

Does anyone know if there's a tier limit on these events for tanks that are discounted?

I went back and looked at a few and it seems they never put anything tier 8+ on sale. Is this accurate? Is this always the case? Also, it seems to be a lot of the same tanks being put on sale. Is there a list somewhere or is it my sample size was just too small?

I do not recall any of 8+ tier premiums ever getting a discount. The best I have seen is 8+ plus 2K, parking space, and other crap bundle like the KV-5 last month and the SU 122-44 earlier this month.

#26 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1830 PM

He's talking about in-game cost of normal tanks. Tanks above T8 have been discounted in the past during the golden joystick celebration (including the T8 premiums, which were 10% off IIRC), but one of the WG staff members said they weren't allowed to do that normally. Russians don't like people progressing through the game too fast apparently

#27 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 1839 PM

Russians don't like people progressing through the game too fast apparently

Which really makes all the sense in the world.

#28 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 0450 AM

As I thought, last check was way too high. Now I have been struggling with M3 Lee (looking for T1 heavy) and loads of bad games with T28.
So now things are getting normalized.

Posted Image

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson, 27 January 2013 - 0452 AM.

#29 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 0545 AM

As said above, Tier 8+ discounts are extremely exceptional - there was one for GJ, one shortly after the Tier X TDs and Meds were introduced, but otherwise nope.

#30 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 1343 PM

I recall one of overlord's responses about tier 8 and higher discounts and He said that focusing on the mid tiers rewarded the greatest number of players.

#31 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 1709 PM

Word from serb:

Americans do not like Challenge, on RU-server terrible problems with ensuring the performance of servers, but China still needs to Pay-To-Win.
All difficult.

http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/655975-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC-8/page__st__100__p__16942757#entry16942757

#32 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 1743 PM

Word from serb:

Americans do not like Challenge, on RU-server terrible problems with ensuring the performance of servers, but China still needs to Pay-To-Win.
All difficult.

http://forum.worldof...7#entry16942757

...and Byelorussian developers have no clue how to release new content. See: release of new Clan Wars map on North American server.

#33 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 2030 PM

Word from serb:

All difficult.

...and Byelorussian developers have no clue how to release new content. See: release of new Clan Wars map on North American server.

Sounds like they really dropped the ball.

http://worldoftanks....vent-suspended/

#34 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 2034 PM

Word from serb:

All difficult.

Sounds like they really dropped the ball.

http://worldoftanks....vent-suspended/

You don't even know the half of it. Just had a clan meeting with WGNA devs. Got to keep my mouth closed about some details, but, yeah, dropped the ball is being a bit generous with them.

#35 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 0922 AM

Barely got to play this weekend. Although I did get to spend time with my grandson. So I shouldn't complain. He is 9 months old and a happy baby. Makes me feel old because he has so much energy.

I did stay up late to get the xp for the Comet to get the 77mm. I think it helps. What helps more is to move more instead of sit and trade shots. I tend to play everything like a pillbox. I need a giant heavy tank that can barely be hurt and shoots fast. The Comet isn't bad if you move and fire.

Seems that my gun will lift up over objects even if the gun really wouldn't hit them. Is it me or does it do that? That was a problem way back when, but I thought they fixed it.

Still slowly grinding the KV-4 (Very slow). I have the turret, engine and gun to get still. Since I believe the stock turret can take the better 107mm I thought I would make that my main goal. Am I correct that the better 107mm will fit the stock turret?

Has the Löwe been slowed down? Seems even slower then before. Especially uphill. Also, the load time for the gun seems slower. This weekend I had an aweful time with it. Seems every battle my Löwe was in the lower 1/3 of the list. Frustrating when there are few tanks you can really damage and so many hills to climb.

Which brings me to a question. I seem to recall that torque is more important for pulling heavy things then HP. Is that correct? If true, does the game model that?

Thanks

#36 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 1138 AM

I also experienced Lwe as slower, after 8.2. My theory was that weight was, unintentionally, added when size was upped 12%.
Remedy for that is to play T28. Next to that even stock KV-4 is quick. :)

#37 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 1155 AM

I also experienced Löwe as slower, after 8.2. My theory was that weight was, unintentionally, added when size was upped 12%.
Remedy for that is to play T28. Next to that even stock KV-4 is quick. :)

I don't have the T28. Haven't gone down any TD lines. Although T95 would fit my lack of skills. :P

#38 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 1248 PM

T95 is the arty magnet, so it needs some kind of skills.

Edited by sunday, 28 January 2013 - 1248 PM.

#39 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 1338 PM

I need a giant heavy tank that can barely be hurt and shoots fast.

Try british heavies, slow as hell but they get the same guns the mediums get a tier lower and they take a surprising amount of punishment sometimes

Seems that my gun will lift up over objects even if the gun really wouldn't hit them. Is it me or does it do that? That was a problem way back when, but I thought they fixed it.

there are two possible causes for that - either your aim point has moved to a more distant/higher up target, so your gun aimed up to compensate. The other is that your tank is not on flat ground, and ran out of gun depression. The fix they implemented was removing the ability to aim at buildings, so your gun would be pointed at the ground on the other side - this makes life easier if you're popping out around a building and didn't lock your gun

Which brings me to a question. I seem to recall that torque is more important for pulling heavy things then HP. Is that correct? If true, does the game model that?

Thanks

HP is just torque at a given RPM, so I can't see why it would be more important. A high RPM low torque engine can just be geared down to provide more torque at less speed. In an engine peak torque is generally reached well below peak horsepower, giving a rough approximation of how much pulling power it has in gear over a wide RPM range, but in a tank with each gear only covering a few mph you should be able to keep the engine close to the powerband most of the time

#40 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 1346 PM

There is hidden stat of acceleration on different speed, part of the reason US meds do so well as they have great initial acceleration/

Reply to this topic