847 replies to this topic

#41 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 0642 AM

This thread makes me so happy I deleted this game. Let me know when they mod the game so I can reach through the internet and choke people. That's literally the only method to correct stupid people that has even moderate chance of success.

I was carrying something like a 58-59% win average, I just couldn't stand carrying idiots all day long. S/F.....Ken M

#42 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 0726 AM

I just lost a T7 game in the M4 where I did 1800dmg and morons had no clue to go to stop cap - I was crippled and no use at that point (7hp left - I was really careful not to bump into anybody).

But overall won 3/4 so no big deal.

In Hellcat I did 2700 dmg, spread among a T34, a VK4502A and a Jagdtiger 8,8. On westfield. I was last man standing on our team around the village. I didn't have time to see how our heavies evaporated.
In next fight, on beach-hut-map, 2 x T29 + 1 more heavy (KV-X?) stay in base, "sniping". One of the T29 even has the gall to say that we (the other players) should learn to play. The only small saving grace for that disaster was that no one opposed me when I called them on staying in base. At least the had the small decency to shut up.
Yes, battles were severly lost.

Sometimes I get the feeling that mm says: "now you have had 3 good games with decent matchups, now I am gonna put you in a I-can-typing tier 8 battle".

Are you sure mm does not take any type of skill or result into account?

#43 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 0727 AM

Absolutely.

#44 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 0807 AM

From the Wotlabs stat tracker server

Server Statistics

Average Win Rate:49.24%
Average Tier:5.22
Average Efficiency:996
Average WN6 Rating:831
Players Tracked:78590
Clans Tracked:1507

:( and these are the players who care about stats...

#45 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 0836 AM

I was in my Type T-34 on the east side of Fjords and me and about half the team went up the hill. I knew it was trouble when half the people who went with me headed for hiding spots but it looked like an M6 and T29 were behind me so I went around the corner. I ran past a t29 but ended up ramming a KV1 and dieing. I had made it far enough to show that there were only those two heavies on the corner. The other 7 tanks behind me then spent four minutes playing peekaboo sniping games with them. The kv and t29 killed 3 of them before the T29 finally rushed the nearly dead enemy t29. During this time the team at the eastern edge of the ridge had been killed off except for a lone black prince. The mass of enemy tanks was lit the entire time but none of the people playing hide and seek on the hill thought to go down and back up the base. With the top of the map clear, the guys on the hill had a nice clear shot to come down through town and flank the still lit up mass of red tanks. Did they? Nope, the T29 decided to play hide and seek with a kv2 across the map while the remaining tanks decided it was time to cap faster and tried to push to the enemy cap. They were halfway there when the 6 red tanks finished capping.

#46 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 0932 AM

Absolutely.

Ok. "Karma". :D

#47 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 1147 AM

Player "clydec" in his IS, pushes me of the ledge on Dragon Ridge. I lash out (of course).
Afterwards, I add him, and send msg "Why did you push me on Dragon Ridge".
Answer: "idk. I was fooling around." And quits conversation.
I take up another conversation and write "Pls dont."

This guy is "recruiter for COLT".

#48 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 1717 PM

Redshire. T-150. Southern team.

I go up the eastern approach. Using cover I reach the river and I'm right below that little pass up there and surprisingly haven't seen anyone. So, I move up. Still no one. I storm around that corner in the NE and expect to see 2-3 enemies waiting to greet me. Nothing! There's about 5 of my team up on that ridge and 1 a bit further south. I let them know it's clear and they should move up. Do they? You know the answer...

The guy a little further back tries to meet up with me but is tracked and killed. Again, I let the guys on the hill know they can make it up here and if we group up we can roll them. They... don't... move. Eventually the enemy kills me and I'm furious. I let the mouthbreathers have it.

One of them pulled out the old 'I'm alive and have kills, you're dead and have none' bit (revrat is his name... if you see him mock him ceaselessly because he's wasting the good air we all share). I gladly point out my w/r is 10% points higher but if he wants to hang on to this outlier of a game he can. Play like his is why his record is so bad. There was a golden opportunity to turn a mistake of the enemy's and they didn't sieze it. They'll cling to their shitty play and the fact they're alive (the enemy has more alive and is clearly going to win, but apparently that's irrelevant) rather than see reality.

I haven't always been a dick in this game. For the longest time I tried to be nice when talking with these folks. It just won't get through to them. They're hopeless.

That's why I just focus on ways I can do better. The lesson I learned is one I should have known already: I can't trust my team. I never should've moved up knowing so many players on that southern team love to camp that hill. I should've gone west or messed around in the town area in the middle given the tank I was in.

/sigh

Edited by Skywalkre, 02 February 2013 - 1718 PM.

#49 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 1727 PM

I was thinking that in order to find the silver lining out of all this negativity we could start a thread that gives basic WoT tips (such as don't camp/defend the base when your whole team is way forward, don't count on your team to have half a brain cell among them, yadda yadda). We could continually edit the first post so it becomes a master guide to check out and point folks to.

Sound like a good idea?

#50 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,946 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 1821 PM

Player "clydec" in his IS, pushes me of the ledge on Dragon Ridge. I lash out (of course).
Afterwards, I add him, and send msg "Why did you push me on Dragon Ridge".
Answer: "idk. I was fooling around." And quits conversation.
I take up another conversation and write "Pls dont."

This guy is "recruiter for COLT".

same thing last night, then he got annoyed that I had told him he is an asshole and was reported.

#51 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 1849 PM

Absolutely terrible teams full of mouthbreathers today. I've been playing over 3h now and may not get my 6th daily complete. Just pathetic.

#52 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 2224 PM

No way I'm playing tonight. From the first 10 seconds I predict how we'll lose and then the battle unfolds EXACTLY how I predicted. Why didn't anybody else see it?
I have better things to do.

#53 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,070 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 0143 AM

Ok, so, umm, MacOS and WOT? Does that work really or not?

#54 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 1020 AM

Just watched an enemy P II solo our IS-8 without losing a single hp. That's after I did 2100 dmg and scouted for another 4500 in my T32.
We lost of course. And that's with my brother doing a fantastic amount of damage with his S-51.There is no carrying some teams. Actually lost 3 games in a row with the T32. If your T9s are morons there's no saving the team.

Edited by Fritz, 03 February 2013 - 1024 AM.

#55 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 1216 PM

I think the line where us normals (not Fritz, Skywalkre, TCO...) can turn a match, is where top tier is max 8.

#56 medicjim86

medicjim86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 1302 PM

Ok, so, umm, MacOS and WOT? Does that work really or not?

VMware Fusion... then load Win 7

I had it running clean in bootcamp but had issues with audio or microphone drivers (I forget which)

#57 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 1704 PM

Player "Ogre" calls me a troll. Since I can't understand why, I add him and ask.
His response is that I had made "jackass affirmative responses", that I was reported and (in capitals) never to contact him.
Thing is, he had me confused with someone else.
Sigh. Did try to contact VPG(his clan), no response yet, but I will try again tomorrow. Getting tired of people like him and "clydec".

#58 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 1716 PM

VPG =bunch of doofuses now that Gyrados is gone.

We lost in the semifinals to W-A-R. Got pounded in by HEAT-shooting SU-26s who were getting some serious lucky shots (Three tanks were shot through buildings in the final match. Yes, through.), and we were too sluggish to respond to the threat. Ah well, we outlasted all of the Forge and Guerrillas teams. Thankfully we are just a second-string scrub clan. :^)

Edited by FlyingCanOpener, 03 February 2013 - 1717 PM.

#59 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 1214 PM

Encounter battle on Himillsdorf...the ENTIRE enemy team is on hill (I find this out by running into them and dying in my T-43) Half our team is near cap. I say "CAP NOW whole team is on hill".

"NOT YET" comes in reply, as the half of my team not on hill rushes to HILL!!!

"Good plan" I say "wait till all dead until cap".

We suffer all vehicles destroyed.

#60 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 1313 PM

In one of my rare battles this weekend I started in the North of some map with a beach to the West. Both teams mostly heavies and my T-150 is in the middle. 2 arty each. So I drive my T-150 to the beach. Only a M4 comes with me. When I get to the beach I see 2 IS-6's and an IS-3, KV-4,T29, T34, coming my way. I don't know about the M4 but I am outclassed. I ask for help. I Look at my team, whats left is mid and East. We are already down 4 tanks. So I try to hold them off a bit. The M4 helps. Those tanks worked together and rolled over us. They capped quickly.

Reply to this topic