88 replies to this topic

#21 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 1201 PM

Everyone on my team just now on Pearl River.

All the heavies and Super Pershings went north.  All the mediums went far south (I was in my 30.02 (D)).  When we ran into solo enemy tanks behind cover in the south we swarmed them.  Ended up losing only 4 tanks against a team that had several good players (but not platooned).

I've said it a lot on here: this game is not hard.  If every game went like this one did where folks went where they should in the tank they're in and just played with half a brain even pub games would be fun.

Edited by Skywalkre, 10 May 2013 - 1202 PM.

#22 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 0117 AM

Spectre_x[BOSS]

Siegfried Line, encounter. On different teams, me in E8, he in Cromwell.
At end of game, I am killed, and we only have arties left, and an afk TOG (which announced going afk at start of game).
Spectre kills our arty and is down to 1%, I tell Cromwell where the TOG is, but then (after 10 minutes afk) TOG-driver comes to live...
Kills Cromwell and we win.
I message Spectre that I was honest about the afk, and that the game was his (Spectre's) with his 8 kills.
He is very relaxed about it, says it is ok.
Nice to see, compared to some overly tensed players..

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson, 11 May 2013 - 0400 AM.

#23 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 1252 PM

To the four other tanks on my team who were north on El Halluf just now.

I started the game covering south for a medium in my platoon that was pushing their base.  Almost our entire team was covering him and one other tank so I decided to move north to help my other platoon-mate and one friendly tank holding that are.  Right as I got to the top I saw my other platoon-mate start to reverse.  Out of nowhere 8 enemy tanks come pouring through that top portion and led by a [-G-] platoon.  I thought were were hosed.

Instead, the five of us up there used the terrain (we had them in a crossfire) and focus-fired the low health tanks.  We lost three of our 5 but killed all 8 of them.  It was amazing considering it was a pub game.

#24 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 2355 PM

This could've been a Mouthbreather post (for Bane71) but a Good Guy triumphed instead (Skeetur).

It was Himmelsdorf and I was on my Indien Panzer.  I rush hill after a light runs up and down the other side lighting up 3 enemy heavies and a lot of lower tier meds/lights.  Initially it looks like it'll be a decent fight because the enemy comes up piecemeal with the lights/meds way out in front.  On the hill now for us is myself, Skeetur in a Type 59, and Bane71 in a Cent I.  We have an IS-3 coming but he's taking forever to get up the hill.

I think we have a chance if we focus fire, but the enemy hides and the Cent runs off to that low area on the inside part of the hill.  Myself the 59 are trying to get in shots but finally the heavies show up.  I run like hell and tell the others to do the same.  Skeetur listens, Bane doesn't.

Midway down the hill near the T-section I tell to whoever is listening to set up, fire one shot as they crest, and run like hell after.  Skeetur does that.  The IS-3 goes up, loses 2/3 of his health, and then joins us.  One of the enemy heavies peeks over, loses half his health to us, and goes back.

Then nothing.  I don't run because no one else came.  A few seconds later that same heavy comes over and loses another 1/4 of his life but no sight of anyone else.  I bet they moved off the hill on the other side since we were winning elsewhere on the map.  I push up, Skeetur follows, and we finish off that heavy and wounded med up top.

The enemy had abandoned the hill and was fighting on the other side.  I take off to our own base to hit a medium who was engaged there.  Skeetur followed and for the rest of the map we worked together.  We focused targets and if one of us went one way on a target the other circled him.  The two of us ended up winning the map for our team which lost the lead midway through.

Games like this and work like that are the rare exception that keep me playing.  It was a lot of fun to play with someone who doesn't mindlessly stick in a place and die (like the Cent who was bitching at us for not staying and dying with him) but can adapt as the fight evolves.

#25 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 1138 AM

I get the east side on Mountain Pass in my T34.  Everyone takes off and not a single person is going north.

/sigh

I hate being the lone guy to watch a flank in a premium tank because I'm on it for the credits.  Oh well, someone needs to watch it.  I move up to the top of the slope in H9 and sit.  Another tank eventually comes around, a Pershing, and it's just the two of us.  Now, in most games players move up and to the west.  Why?  I have no idea.  In order to be arty safe you need to hug the northern part of that area.  In doing so you trap yourself if the enemy pushes as you have no escape.  Forget that, I'm sitting right where I am in arty cover and hull down.

I tell the Pershing to head out and help elsewhere.  Since he has speed he can run back if trouble shows up.  He listens.  A few minutes later trouble does show up.  A 103, 59, and T34 round the corner.  I get in three shots but RNG is not friendly to me and they all miss.  I'm a little worried.

Then the cavalry shows up.  The Pershing comes back. and we both start laying into the 103 as he tries to crest the hill.  A T71 comes around from the far north and owns the 59.  Finally another tank shows up and we end up wiping out all three to no losses on our side.

That's how you defend the northern pass as the eastern team.  ;)

#26 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 0544 AM

Sometimes...

Me, a T34 and an IS-3 worked optimal together, chewing our way towards enemy base.

All three of us quite badly shot up, rest of team dead. Enemy has 5 vehicles left. When we are close to base, enemy start capping. IS-3 says "get on cap", and I answer "no idea" (thinking that enemy will do it faster than us, since we are outnumbered), but still go there. When we get on all three of us, we actually get a "fast cap" and win.

Went from "crap, will lose closely" to "hey, maybe a draw" to "holy crap, we win" :)

Victory!
Map:  South Coast
Date: den 30 maj 2013 12:19:03
Vehicle: Caernarvon
Exp: 1 588 + Credits: 50 848
Achievements: : Steel Wall

#27 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 0743 AM

Too many to name in my last match on Ruinberg, but you know you scored a good team when 1002 points of damage puts you in 10th place on the damage delivered list.

#28 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 1629 PM

Had several good games, one in my Teterach, where myself and the PZ 38H manged to get up the hill in Province and between the 2 of us rolled up their flank and won the game with fire support from our side. Another in my IS-3, where the IS-6 and T32 and I tagged team every red tank we met in the town on that map with the swamp in the middle and rail tracks down the side. Another where my Centurion and a Panther II we were able to flank the enemy holding force of heavies, forcing them to divide their attention and fire between us and our heavies which turned the tide. There is also nothing like hanging back in my JPII or Churchill GC and whacking tanks as they get lit up by our clever scout. Who was quite pleased when I acknowledge his efforts.

#29 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 1818 PM

Me in Indien-panzer and another player in IS-6 won tier 8 battle practically by ourself. 3500 damage for me, 4500 for him. Next one on team barely crossed 1000.

Edited by bojan, 10 June 2013 - 1822 PM.

#30 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 0435 AM

And once in a while, the team actually plays like a... well, team. With some sound, logical, basic tactics.

Victory!
Map:  Prokhorovka
Date: den 11 juni 2013 11:20:00
Vehicle: T29
Exp: 1 834 + Credits: 52 369

Yes, I got most xp (2700 dmg, 2200 spotted), but we were an IS-3, T32 and Tiger 2, all of us doing from 1500-3100 dmg and 2 kills each except for IS-3 that got 3.

If you get one of these every 10 games, it makes it worth playing.

I have started using this once in a while at start up.

"If anything goes wrong - always blame arty!" with a winky smiley.

#31 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 2342 PM

Had a great battle with these guys, good scouting, great comms and lot's of focused fire. 

shot_179_zps086032d0.jpg

#32 Przezdzieblo

Przezdzieblo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 0913 AM

Was it not that thread supposed to be about good guys other than ourselves? ;)

#33 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 0940 AM

It's about other good guys that help us look even better. :)

#34 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 1326 PM

Was it not that thread supposed to be about good guys other than ourselves? ;)

I did good, because my teammates all worked well together, otherwise I would have been dead after killing the first guy. The scout deserved more XP as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Colin, 17 June 2013 - 1327 PM.

#35 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 1516 PM

Game crashed before I could grab their names but the T69, type and tiger p drivers in my last Westfield map were top notch.  The first 5 minutes of the game featured our heavies getting rolled in the village and one lowe charging unsupported to his death down the other side of the map.  I thought we were going to get hammered but the type managed to slow down and keep lit up their heavies on our base long enough for me and the t69 to get over and start popping them, the tiger p stayed up high and killed off their medium rush.  Eventually we whittled them down to just a gwpanther, m12 and what turned out to be a t69 that lost connection.  The GW was able to kill our t69 while it stopped to reload after shooting up their T69 but in the end the tiger p and I finished them off.  I ended up firing 31 shots for 22 hits (4 kills/6 other vehicles damaged) and finally getting my ace in the SP.  It would have been easy to give up when it was 3 meds and a heavy vs 4 heavies, 3 meds a light and 2 arty but surprisingly no one did

Victory!
Battle: Westfield Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:47:03 PM
Vehicle: T26E4 SuperPershing
Experience received: 4,574 (x2)
Credits received: 100,540
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

#36 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 0508 AM

Got this reply from a clan-cmdr I wrote to the other day (about a player acting badly).

"Thanks Stefanfr. This is disturbing information. We'll look into it."

Even if nothing drastic is done, this gets two thumbs up from me!

I think, going this way is much more efficient than trying to "correct" the bad-behavior-players in-game.

#37 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 0508 AM

This could go to the other thread, but here's one of them 15:0 games:

14f.jpg

#38 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 1712 PM

Everyone on my team just now on Mountain Pass.

We were the NW team.  Almost half our team went north road.  Two went hard push south.  Rest were kind of idling in the middle not really going anywhere.  I'm trying hard again (we'll see if it lasts through the day) to be helpful and whatnot so I started typing out how the guys in mid need to push bridge and win that fight so we can help north push up.  I'd like to think my typing things out helped, but I can't be sure.  Most in the mid did end up going bridge, we quickly dispatched their forces across it, and then caught their northern push in a crossfire.

At that point our south was overrun and again I asked for some from bridge to stay behind.  A few did.  We caught their southern push before it could get to our base.

In the end a fairly easy win and surprisingly coordinated for a pub game.

#39 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 1743 PM

CaptainFrosty

He was arty in my last game.  I was on a T25/2 (/shudder... what a terrible set of guns for a tier 7 TD) in a game with lots of tier 9s.  I was keeping a Caern lit in the north when he fired, I pulled out and tracked him, and requested fire support.  To my surprise CaptainFrosty used the hotkey saying he was targeting him and a round came in a few seconds later and 1-shot him.

Not too long after that I tracked a 704 that was engaged with a KT at close range.  CaptainFrosty hit again, nailing the 704 for half his damage and missing the KT.

That's good arty support right there.

#40 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 1513 PM

Nicey_Ackerman

Map was Lakeville.  I start every game with the same plea, that only 2-3 go valley.  Instead, most of my team goes valley.  I then ask the town guys to just D up at cap.  They move into town.

One of those games where both teams end up pushing valley*.  Our team gets wiped out there pretty quickly.  I was covering mid since no one else was.  I shift back (we were the southern team) to that overlook position but they're already pushing up and will be coming around into the open soon.  I was in a bad spot.  Nicey_Ackerman was in a T1 heavy (I was in a T25/2 and high tier) and further back in a nice hull-down spot.  He had lots of accurate fire that made the enemy pause and I was able to get back around and behind him.  He bought it, but with me in place I was able to hold off their entire team racking up 7 kills and my Ace badge.

I have no idea where he came from but he was where he needed to be and did what he needed to do.  That's a rare combination to see in pub matches.  Actually made a point to message him afterwards and say thanks.

*It also showed why it's a good reason that if you have no one pushing town just D up at base.  If they do push valley you can shift back and help.  Guys in town might not be able to get back in time.

Reply to this topic