222 replies to this topic

#181 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 1210 PM

Probably, an autoloader that starts loading the magazine immediately after the first shot, i.e.  not waiting until the magazine is empty.

#182 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 0050 AM

That makes sense. Thanks.

#183 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 1956 PM

Seems every update comes with a bug, this time it's sound disappearing

#184 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,685 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 2117 PM

IIRC if you are running out of memory game cuts sound first in effort to free some.

#185 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 0145 AM

Only started after 1.3 and does not replicate in WOWS or Skyrim

#186 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 0808 AM

https://youtu.be/veYZ1iiqOng

Quickbaby on "Is wot dying?"

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson, 24 December 2018 - 0811 AM.

#187 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 1006 AM

If it is, 8 years is a good run.

#188 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 1907 PM

right now population is  USC . 12,120 and total 21,077

#189 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 1932 PM

right now population is  USC . 12,120 and total 21,077

Was well over 50k back during the first campaign.  Dying seems too strong of a word but the trajectory is pretty clear at this point. 

That was a surprisingly excellent vid from QB (he's put out a few lately where he's been blunt and calling out WG going the dirtbag dev route).  Just because a game is this many years old doesn't mean it has to be shrinking, either.  WoW's largest sub numbers came years after it was released.  If you put out a good product you'll grow.  WG hasn't done that with WoT in a long time...

Edited by Skywalkre, 24 December 2018 - 1940 PM.

#190 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 1701 PM

Keep in mind that a large number of players are young and are much more ready to jump ship than older players. With new games like fortnite rolling over everyone for now, it's natural to see a drop in population.

#191 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 0644 AM

I considered going back to WoT, but is just too expensive. A year of premium costs more than double of what EA is asking for BF5 during the Christmas sale and premium does still not cover all my gold needs, like training crew or even premium tanks. Fortnite is totally F2P and you can only buy cosmetic stuff, BF5 gives you all relevant game parts, only cosmetic items will cost extra.

#192 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,685 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 0817 AM

Thing is, on  a monthly level WoT premium costs multiple times less than a single night in the club, or even than a evening of the moderate drinking around here (and ratio is even better in the western Europe, 10euro/month is less than two drinks).

Since I play only two computer games (WoT and Grim Dawn) - it is an easily justifiable cost that goes from the part of money that is spent on the "stupid things".

Edited by bojan, 26 December 2018 - 0818 AM.

#193 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 1723 PM

When I calculate the time I spend in WOT & WOWS, it is money well spent. I rarely play my tier 9's and 10's, they aren't as much fun and your screwed if you don't shoot gold 90% of the time. So my need for gold is quite limited.

#194 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 1731 PM

Keep in mind that a large number of players are young and are much more ready to jump ship than older players. With new games like fortnite rolling over everyone for now, it's natural to see a drop in population.

WG by their own admission has stated their playerbase is older than the typical gaming crowd.  I don't think it's the popularity of games like Fortnite that's drawn players away.  I think it's pretty clear most players are tired of the poor gameplay/scummy practices WG has embraced in recent years.  Just look through the list of folks in the "Who is who" thread here.  Most are older and many haven't played in a long time (for some it's been years).

#195 seahawk

seahawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 0558 AM

When I calculate the time I spend in WOT & WOWS, it is money well spent. I rarely play my tier 9's and 10's, they aren't as much fun and your screwed if you don't shoot gold 90% of the time. So my need for gold is quite limited.

It is not about the absolute amount, but the relative poor service for the amount of money they ask. If I buy premium for 80 Euros a year, I think I should be able to enjoy the game to the full extent and not be pushed to buy additional resources. And to be honest the Christmas lootbox edition was taking it even further - Want that tank? Gamble for it!!

When I play the Panzerstorm Map in BF5, I always hope somebody gets a licence for the Frostbite Engine and does a serious WW2 tank sim for it. Even in the current casual form it beats WoT already when it comes to immersion. 

#196 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 1728 PM

I rarely use additional resources, i barely shoot gold and I don't have any clan source for it. I make do with what I have and also rarely play tier 9-10 as almost everyone is using gold and therefore at a complete disadvantage. the real fun in this game is tier 4-8 and that's where I hang out mostly.

#197 seahawk

seahawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 0519 AM

Mounting and demounting equipment, training crews and so on. I agree you do not need much, but imho if you ask about 80 Euros for one year subscription, it is ridiculous that you still need additional gold - even in limited quantities.

#198 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 0738 AM

But premium/gold-rounds can still be bought with normal/silver-credits I hope, but at 4 (?) times the cost of normal AP-rounds?

#199 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,685 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 0907 AM

They can only be bought for silver those days, generally cost 5-10 times standard.

I don't find them really needed in tier 9-10 except  on average 1 in 4-5 battles, when I fire 4-5. I find people dependency on premium rounds to be more "I can so I will" attitude than anything else.

They are far more needed in mid-tiers when you are T6 in T8 battle, but with 3-5-7 MM there will usually be enough softer targets to shoot at with standard that I would not call them either "needed" or generally (vs specific cases) decisive.

On EU server people tend to use less premium ammo than on US.

Edited by bojan, 30 December 2018 - 0913 AM.

#200 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 1351 PM

I keep about 4-8 gold rounds on each tank, but only use them for dire situations. If I am one of the last tanks left and we have almost won cap, health is low and an enemy tank is trying to stop me, then I load gold to reduce the chance of a shot not working. Another might be going up against an 0-1 in 10TP, although it's still unlikely I will hurt it.

Reply to this topic