5984 replies to this topic

#5981 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

So I finally got lost into this Brexit thing: what's next, another extension until when? Hard Brexit 31sy Oct? Norman invasion?

#5982 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted Today, 07:32 AM

So I finally got lost into this Brexit thing: what's next, another extension until when? Hard Brexit 31sy Oct? Norman invasion?

Currently, it seems pretty safe to say that the UK will still be a member state of the EU on November 1st.

Apart from that, in the coming days there's probably going to be a ton of arcane legal stuff in British courts that I haven't got any clue of. 

#5983 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,703 posts

Posted Today, 08:28 AM

If the EU reject the letter, expect legal action against Bojo for not taking parliament seriously. The Scots might do it anyway, to validate how important they are.

If the EU accept the latter, then we will kick over into another extension obviously. But it seems as if that it may only be a short while before we bring the Bojo deal to Parliament. I think it likely it will be defeated again, because as we saw with the DUP gone, he has no hope of winning, and there isnt enough independents on his side to help him. Bojo just isnt trusted, so all the goodwill he might have had he pissed away on the prorogation malarky.

Where do we go next? Absolutely no idea. I lost my footing when Theresa May lost the vote 15 times. I would guess probably we will have an election, followed by a second referendum. But thats just a guess on my part.

#5984 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,942 posts

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

Will someone please prod me when it's all over?

#5985 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted Today, 04:16 PM

Define "over". There's always going to be the next morning. History is the longest running daily soap, and for as long as there will be daily soaps (and some time beyond), History will keep running irrespective of the ratings that each show will get.