228 replies to this topic

#221 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,678 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 0235 AM

So apparently they are changing Premium for WOT, as far as I can make out that a prem account will no longer apply to both WOT and WOWS. If that is the case, I can see my buying of prem time coming to an end. I won't be able to afford both and I play both equally. A really dumb move.

Well, they are trying to milk the cow a bit more. their right, but also a way to drive people away...

#222 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,827 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 0259 AM

You can still buy "universal" premium. WoT premium does give you some benefits however.

#223 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 1847 PM

universal is the way I will go, basically all i want is a bump in credit and xp making, not really interested in to much fluffy bits and there is no map I really hate.

#224 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 1719 PM

Was cleaning off my desk and found some notes I scribbled about a month ago.  Back when I was playing WoW and on some long flight paths I went and looked up about 30 of us who have played WoT (was from Paul G.'s Order of Merit list in one of those threads).  I was curious... how many are still playing?

Interestingly enough half of that thirty quit in '18 or sooner (five having quit all the way back in '15).  Of the other half that had played sometime in '19 most of those hadn't played in months with just five having played within the current month (this was a month ago).

Keep in mind at least one of these players started a new account.  Others weren't on the list.  Still, I found it interesting that on a site called tank-net a game called World of Tanks is largely ignored and forgotten at this point.  Kind of says something about where the devs took it.

#225 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 1840 PM

Meh. Steel Beasts isn't exactly hyped here either even though from most of your criticism one might conclude that it's right up your alley. I acknowledge that it doesn't scratch your specific itch, so I'm not pressing the matter of my product in particular, just using it as a counter-example to your suggestion that it's primarily the WoT developers' fault for taking the wrong turn (more grind, less simulation).

A theory fitting both cases is that maybe TankNetters by and large aren't so invested in gaming, or discuss their games elsewhere.

#226 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 1902 PM

Steel Beasts has been out almost... 20 years?  (The copy I own I got in the early 00s.)  I have no idea what kind of following it had back here on TN when I was serving as I rarely frequented TN then.

WoT basically made this subforum here on TN.  So much discussion here back when it first came out (so much discussion even when the game was in alpha/beta). Started out as a nice balance between realism and arcade/ease of play.  To watch that decline in interest coupled to general decline of the following of the game elsewhere (like on reddit) seems to match quite well with the changes the devs made (or failed to make) over the years.

#227 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 0232 AM

stefanfr
Account created: 13/04/2012 Last battle: 21/11/2015 19:34
18,4k matches.
In the end, iirc, it took too much time, I could not get above 53%, and the player-base's mis-guided vitriol got too boring.

#228 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 1313 PM

To me the question is why so few WoT players migrated to what was at one time a fairly well known Tank discussion board.  As far as I remember we actually contributed at least two WoT staff members.  I quit WoT for the same reason I've all but quit WoWS, I didn't have the time to spend in game to keep my skills (such as they were) up to a level that where I could be a useful team member.  Also, the people I played most with moved on to other games so I did too.

#229 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 1234 PM

Haggar started in early 2011.  40K battles.  Last played 11/23/19.  I am not good, but I like tanks so I play it.  I have 190+ tanks. 

Reply to this topic