• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,735 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 05 June 2018 - 0707 AM

One other trick ive noticed, if its giving me connectivity problem is to put it into 'plane' mode, and it sometimes resets the connection. You probably tried that of course.

Great reminder.

Windows 10, looks very nice but still a pile of junk underneath.

Yeah, now that we are about 2 years into the widespread production use of 10, I have a lot of fundamental issues with 10. Great UI, good performance, excellent stability. But they removed a bunch of customizations, and this business of resetting dozens of parameters every time a major update hits, is krazytown.

From a basic security standpoint, the frequency with which updates break the screensaver (and thus disable the lock screen) is disturbing. MS has made enormous strides in default security of Windows Server, but this is nuts.

#22 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 52,067 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 0711 AM

I still dislike that they removed the automatic backup system they had with windows 7 and 8. They say nobody used it, well I did!

#23 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,315 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 0518 AM

One other trick ive noticed, if its giving me connectivity problem is to put it into 'plane' mode, and it sometimes resets the connection.

Did that when I had the net connection issue. Didn't solve anything.

#24 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • 31,735 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 06 June 2018 - 0733 AM

I still dislike that they removed the automatic backup system they had with windows 7 and 8. They say nobody used it, well I did!

Can't help but point out that, to Microsoft, you are a nobody!   :P

And essentially we are all becoming nobodies to MS. Not just personal users, but workers in small/medium organizations. 

I have the impression that MS is only concerned with manageability for large/giant organizations, via Active Directory and particularly SCCM.

#25 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 52,067 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 0734 AM

Can't help but point out that, to Microsoft, you are a nobody!   :P

And essentially we are all becoming nobodies to MS. Not just personal users, but workers in small/medium organizations. 

I have the impression that MS is only concerned with manageability for large/giant organizations, via Active Directory and particularly SCCM.

I admit my fault. :)

Yes, you are right. We are all just a cash cow to them. After all, if you want another O/S, where you going to go to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users