My Favorite Blogger Passed Away

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Calvinb1nav

Calvinb1nav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:military and aviation history, wargaming, shooting, travel, geography

Posted 19 April 2017 - 2158 PM

My favorite blogger, who ran the Weaponsman Blog, passed away of a heart attack at 59. He, Kevin "Hognose" O'Brien, was a retired Special Forces weapons sergeant and was one of the best writers I've come across. I eagerly read his blog everyday and was in constant awe of his command of the English language, his wit, and his humor. His subjects that he covered, ranging from guns to aviation history to current events, were always fascinating as well. I'm fervently hoping the blog stays up as a memorial.

I guess I'm commenting of this internet thing and that you can develop real attachments to people you never met (like King Sargent on here). I didn't even know Hognose's real name until today when his brother updated his blog with the bad news but I feel a serious, profound sense of loss.

At least he was able to share his incredible talent with a broad audience and enrich so many people's lives.

PBAR

#2 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,090 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 20 April 2017 - 0446 AM

Saw the news on Peter Grant's blog. I've looked Hognose's last posts, liked them very much.

Requiescat in Pace.

#3 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 0534 AM

:(

have read bis blog often. But not the last two weeks or so. He had a personal and at the same time well versed way of writing about his subject. Be it bitching about the rivets on the aeroplane he was building or obscure czechoslovak pistols. His book on the latter will stay unfinished I guess.

That's life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users