4 replies to this topic

#1 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,841 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 0939 AM

The ever excellent Rick Atkinson has his new book in his latest trilogy out, and so far it is excellent.  https://www.amazon.c...,aps,162&sr=8-3   I loved his Liberation Trilogy, and so far this book promises to be even better.    

#2 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,932 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 16 May 2019 - 1512 PM

I'm number 17 on the library wait list for this.  There are 6 copies in circulation and I might even snag one before I head to Europe and the end of the month.

#3 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 0508 AM

The ever excellent Rick Atkinson has his new book in his latest trilogy out, and so far it is excellent.  https://www.amazon.c...,aps,162&sr=8-3   I loved his Liberation Trilogy, and so far this book promises to be even better.    

You may also like the following:

"Rebels & Redcoats" by G.F. Scheer and H.F.Rankin. A collection of stories from both sides.

"Fusiliers" by M.Urban. A view from a British soldier's side.

"A Narrative of a Revoltionary Soldier" by J.P. Martin. A good account by a common soldier on the rebel's side.

#4 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,050 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer sims, my daughter

Posted 17 May 2019 - 0824 AM

You may also like the following:

"Rebels & Redcoats" by G.F. Scheer and H.F.Rankin. A collection of stories from both sides.

"Fusiliers" by M.Urban. A view from a British soldier's side.

"A Narrative of a Revoltionary Soldier" by J.P. Martin. A good account by a common soldier on the rebel's side.

Hey I think the authors of 'Rebels and Redcoats' was on CSpan decades ago, talking about the war in the southern Colonies--he was comparing what he learned vs Mel Gibson's 'The Patriot' and compared the historical records vis a vis Banestre Tarleton and Jason Isaac's villain and found their behavior 'close' but not quite the same. Also apparently a local Scottish Loyalist militia leader by the name of Ferguson who was killled during a skirmish in the war...the locals still say his burial place in the hills is supposedly unknown but local men still stop by to urinate on the grave.

Edited by NickM, 17 May 2019 - 0825 AM.

#5 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,841 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 2024 PM

So far, I am impressed by the book.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users