#2361 Mr King

Mr King

Major Washout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,420 posts
  • Interests:Odds and Ends

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Triggered again? The lame insults are a tell.

Look Paul I get it, Drumpf puts sand in your vagina, but again, what motivation do you think an establishment Republican like Lindsay Graham would have to go along with this story? 

#2362 Mr King

Mr King

Major Washout

• Members
  • 16,420 posts
  • Interests:Odds and Ends

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 PM

I am from the third world. It is a shit hole. I don't see the offense here.

There is a reason hordes of people in the third world would do ANYTHING to get into the US.

No racist, the third world is a magical land full of puppy dog kisses and unicorn farts. 

#2363 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,205 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Paul G.  Read the rest of my post please. I think you missed the content for the headline.

I read the second part of your post and left it off, but will reply below.  Youre not going to deny that your media takes the worst case interpretation of anything Trump does or says, are you?  As DK said, most people already know what Trump meant even if he said shithole, but your media doesnt care what he actually meant, they care what his words can allow them to say he meant.  And, in that context, shithole is more open to a hostile interpretation.  So, no surprise, even hole vs house has become a point of contention.

I could have said "why are we accepting these people from Africa and Haiti when we should be accepting more from countries like Norway", and it would mean the same thing.

The point is that Durbin chose to blow up a sensitive DACA negotiation on a point of trivia rather than just tell Trump to watch his language, chalk it up to temper, and move on.  I dont know how the GOP can even have Dems in a policy discussion if every time things get hot, they run out and squeal to the press.  I don't even know why Durbin would do it, unless he was looking for a confrontation before he went into the meeting. 

Again...its not about the countries. Its about the blanket condemnation of people coming from those countries.

For example...data shows Nigerian immigrants are more far more educated % wise than Americans.

Edited by Mobius, Yesterday, 10:11 PM.

#2364 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

There is a reason hordes of people in the third world would do ANYTHING to get into the US.

So you shouldn't be let in to the US then?

#2365 Andres Vera

Andres Vera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Interests:Becoming a helicopter pilot for the Pinochet administration

Posted Today, 02:42 AM

I am a gringo, like my father. I had to get mine legally as I was born in Venezuela.

This is why I hate DACA. Why should somebody who comitted a crime be more "especial" than my other family members, who are trying to do whatever they can to get out of the shithole.

#2366 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted Today, 06:27 AM

I am a gringo, like my father. I had to get mine legally as I was born in Venezuela.

This is why I hate DACA. Why should somebody who comitted a crime be more "especial" than my other family members, who are trying to do whatever they can to get out of the shithole.
"Committed a crime". The the 10 year old brought here commited a crime? Seriously?

Plus Trump was talking about not letting people in legally from shitholes. He was talking about you.

Edited by Paul G., Today, 06:29 AM.

#2367 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,700 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted Today, 06:36 AM

Andrés is an american citizen, son of an american citizen.

#2368 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 59 minutes ago

Andrés is an american citizen, son of an american citizen.

"From a shithole country" his words, not mine.

#2369 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 27,141 posts

Posted 16 minutes ago

Anyone catch the humiliating circus that was the WH doctor's press briefing on his examination of Trump? If you have any doubts as to the stupidity and nasty partisanship of the media, that hour of ridiculousness should do away with it. Kudos to the doctor for calmly swatting each moron down in turn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users