189 replies to this topic

#181 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 2115 PM

New book lifts the lid (and skirts) of the Vatican and the Lavender Mafia.  Claims 4 of 5 priests are gay (I can't believe that). https://www.thetable...-in-the-vatican   Texas published the names of 286 pervert priests (I suspect there are more).  

Friend of mine is in the SJ, and he half-jokingly called the catholic church the biggest gay organisation in the world. Been known for decades that closeted homosexuals flee from their sexuality into celibacy and thus there is a noticeably higher percentage of  homosexuals among the priests and monks than in the general public. But I agree, 4 out of 5 is silly high. The author is basically claiming all priests are gay, which they are not. Where else do the children of the housekeepers come from?

#182 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 16,973 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 0613 AM

New book lifts the lid (and skirts) of the Vatican and the Lavender Mafia.  Claims 4 of 5 priests are gay (I can't believe that). https://www.thetable...-in-the-vatican   Texas published the names of 286 pervert priests (I suspect there are more).  

Friend of mine is in the SJ, and he half-jokingly called the catholic church the biggest gay organisation in the world. Been known for decades that closeted homosexuals flee from their sexuality into celibacy and thus there is a noticeably higher percentage of  homosexuals among the priests and monks than in the general public. But I agree, 4 out of 5 is silly high. The author is basically claiming all priests are gay, which they are not. Where else do the children of the housekeepers come from?

Wow! :)  Good one.  I don't care if the priest is gay or straight as long as they live up to their vows.  You make the promise you need to keep the promise.  

#183 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 0756 AM

Why do Catholics have calloused knees?

​

Because they are always kneeling before a priest.

#184 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 49,955 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 0811 AM

If anyone is interesting, I posted up the link to a BBC podcast called 'The Ratline', some of the later episodes of which illustrate how and why Catholic Bishops in italy assisted Nazi war criminals. Including at least one whom was complicit in the Argentine massacre.

http://www.tank-net....showtopic=43800

The logic for their doing it is that they were strong AntiCommunists, which they were, though you have to wonder at the utility of people spending most of their time on the run in fighting Italian Communism.

#185 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,204 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 14 February 2019 - 0951 AM

If anyone is interesting, I posted up the link to a BBC podcast called 'The Ratline', some of the later episodes of which illustrate how and why Catholic Bishops in italy assisted Nazi war criminals. Including at least one whom was complicit in the Argentine massacre.

http://www.tank-net....showtopic=43800

The logic for their doing it is that they were strong AntiCommunists, which they were, though you have to wonder at the utility of people spending most of their time on the run in fighting Italian Communism.

The thing with the BBC is that too many of them think that, in relation to Catholicism, they are still in Elizabethan times.

The role of Pope Pius XII helping jews during WWII is frequently forgotten, if not directly slandered following some cunning KGB efforts.

https://www.catholic...i-and-the-jews/

Edited by sunday, 14 February 2019 - 0953 AM.

#186 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 49,955 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 1048 AM

Well if you listen to it, you will see the Bishop concerned wrote a book about it admitting his efforts. When the vatican released his file, it had been filleted.

Ironically the same man was also an agent for the CIA.

The guy doing the show is a Lawyer specializing in genocide trials, so I dont think this is a simple case of BBC Protestantism rearing its head.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, 14 February 2019 - 1050 AM.

#187 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,204 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 14 February 2019 - 1053 AM

I do not listen to podcasts. I could understand videos in English, but radio is beyond me.

A bishop that is also a CIA agent? I dare say that man is not a paragon of RCC bishopness.

Edited by sunday, 14 February 2019 - 1054 AM.

#188 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 49,955 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 1110 AM

I do not listen to podcasts. I could understand videos in English, but radio is beyond me.

A bishop that is also a CIA agent? I dare say that man is not a paragon of RCC bishopness.

Oh ok, I could see a podcast would be an issue there. Might be a good idea to mention that to the bbc, I cant be that hard to encode subtitles if they save as mp4 instead of MP3.

As I understand it, there was a postwar CIA programme (It was a forerunner, I believe it was called CIC then, an offshoot of the army) and they were recruiting Nazi's as sources, or as talents spotters to use in something Operation Los Angeles, a counter communist operation CIC ran in Italy.

The Guy the CIC recruited (i forget his name, but I can look it up if its of interest) was the Popes press secretary, or whatever they called it then. He controlled who got access to the pope. The Intelligence guys wanted access to the pope in 1945, and the pope refused. In 1946, they recruited his press secretary, and suddenly got access. :D

One of the guys they recruited through this individual was Klaus Barbie. The other one was Karl Haas, whom participated in the Ardeantine massacre. So it rather looks as if the Vatican, or at least one of them, was a talent spotter for the US Army's CIC, which ran a program which seemed to extend into the formation of the CIA.

Whether the pope knew any of this or not, I cant tell you. But that they filleted his file, and worked that close to the Pope, I have to wonder.

#189 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 15,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 1235 PM

When a nun faked her own death to escape the convent

14th century

#190 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 16,973 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Well more on the book and the Gay conspiracy to take down the Church. https://www.breitbar...elates-are-gay/     

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users