Silly name for a ww2 tank game

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Calvinb1nav

Calvinb1nav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:military and aviation history, wargaming, shooting, travel, geography

Posted 07 June 2019 - 1922 PM

It's free this weekend on Steam and 60% discount to buy.  I tried it and found it a lot harder than it's sister, Squad.

#22 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,618 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 0216 AM

Yeah, I really must give it a punt at some point.

#23 Daan

Daan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 0410 AM

It's free this weekend on Steam and 60% discount to buy.  I tried it and found it a lot harder than it's sister, Squad.

Yeah, that is also my experience. It is hard to put down why PS is so much harder than Squad. Initially I blamed the iron-sighted bolt action rifles in PS, which makes hitting something much harder. However, the opposing team generally has the same problem (except for the 82nd Airborne). Armored vehicles and tanks seem to play a more prominent role in PS and, with the relatively open terrain of some maps i.e. near Arnhem bridge, infantry can be quite vulnerable. 

#24 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,591 posts
  • Interests:Ducats and shot

Posted 15 June 2019 - 1543 PM

Yeah, that is also my experience. It is hard to put down why PS is so much harder than Squad. Initially I blamed the iron-sighted bolt action rifles in PS, which makes hitting something much harder. However, the opposing team generally has the same problem (except for the 82nd Airborne). Armored vehicles and tanks seem to play a more prominent role in PS and, with the relatively open terrain of some maps i.e. near Arnhem bridge, infantry can be quite vulnerable. 

The trick with Arnhem bridge map is to not bother about the bridge and cross the pontoon bridges instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users