Battle Reports And Replays

91 replies to this topic

#1 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 23 May 2015 - 2327 PM

About time to get one of these going for WoWs.

I re-bought the Cleveland after so many were drooling over it due to HE-spam on the wotlabs forums.  It's... fine.  Nowhere as good as it was and frankly I'm starting to think the fire thing is getting blown out of proportion.

However, when enemies ignore you, you can still have games like this:

DVDziZl.jpg

xaq0p9e.jpg

P8xaj46.jpg

#2 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 26 May 2015 - 1157 AM

This now qualifies as an awesome game in a carrier.

shot-15.05.26_10.47.50-0997.jpg

shot-15.05.26_10.47.59-0415.jpg

I just lowered my expectations and decided I was going to lose 1/3 of my planes per strike, so I would just load up and Sunday Punch targets as they appeared. I was lucky that no cruisers popped AAA or else my losses would be much worse.

FYI, I'm totally gaming the matchmaker with my Essex. I join up in my Baltimore, see if there are 0 carriers in the queue. If there are 0 carriers, I jump in my Essex with no fighter CAP setup and get in the queue, and bail the second a second carrier shows up. I've played 25 games in a row without facing an enemy carrier in this manner.

#3 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 29 May 2015 - 1629 PM

Second ~150k dmg game in my last seven in the Ryujo as I abuse the new ez-mode torp drop spread.  Hardly anyone is running fighters now and even when they do they don't know how to use them (as USN you can just park them off the IJN CV and have them only focus on TBs... you have enough ammo to kill 2-3 which drastically cuts down the runs they can make per game). 

0oyu1Xn.jpg

http://imgur.com/0oyu1Xn,303ngKZ#1

#4 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 01 June 2015 - 1505 PM

So I just got my Des Moines, and got into a small match. Umm... how is this ship even fair?

shot-15.06.01_14.56.33-0526.jpg

shot-15.06.01_14.56.39-0466.jpg

shot-15.06.01_14.56.49-0278.jpg

#5 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 1705 PM

The Cleveland still has its moments (no buffs used, standard account):

1flQHBs.jpg

OWIvSrL.jpg

MyKOJkr.jpg

It's not what it used to be (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong).  It's just a lesser Atlanta right now.  Note how everything is HE.  Ap with 152 in-game is so situational as to almost be nonexistent.

#6 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,445 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 15 June 2015 - 1451 PM

First game in the Murmansk

shot-15.06.15_13.28.44-0924_zpsotvziiq0.

#7 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 1715 PM

I almost feel dirty...

SdTL0vs.jpg

On second thought maybe this is the best time to knock out the lower tiers.  The majority of opponents clearly don't understand the game yet and I can knock out this low tier BS as painlessly as possible.

#8 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 1506 PM

105k dmg carry... in a tier 4

4vWeaRp.jpg

#9 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 1608 PM

I just did a battle in Chikuma were I fired 63 HE shells and 42 hit which is 0.67% hits which is unheard of in pre-radar and computer controled FCS.

Just goes to prove the point I've made before. To enjoy any of the games they make you have to set your historical knowledge base to OFF as you sign in.

#10 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 2003 PM

Yup, they make first person shooters where the players run around in tank, airplane or ship skins.

#11 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 2039 PM

My second 100k dmg game so far in OB.  What was... interesting was that I was the only carrier facing off against enemies with no AA so basically just a shooting gallery.  Yet, even with hit after hit from every run my team was dying just as fast.  Ended up being a really close game!  :blink:

9JQnm1A.jpg

#12 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 1909 PM

Fucking mouthbreathers...

Qv2Lulv.jpg

NuC8a6L.jpg

mDCeez5.jpg

My Bogue teammate was an idiot and just sat where he spawned and was left behind as our team moved in one direction.  Then when the enemy started pushing towards him he ran into an island and guaranteed his death (pointed out his retard move in game and messaged him afterwards in case it didn't sink in).  If he had simply moved with the team and kept the enemy CV at bay I would've easily won the game on my own.  Instead, I pull almost 100k in a losing effort because of that moron (and one AFK player).

Edited by Skywalkre, 11 July 2015 - 1910 PM.

#13 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 1254 PM

Almost 136k dmg in an Omaha and they're talking about buffing this thing!  :blink:  (That's not even my high in this thing.  Got 152k in it when it was stock.)

zjDdNJm.jpg

6DFXKbr.jpg

Py77thL.jpg

#14 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 1744 PM

You fired 595 shells! That's amazing.

#15 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 0701 AM

If you stay alive for the whole match you can lay down some serious fire from the Omaha.  I didn't shoot much this match but I was able to take out 3 cruisers, an Omaha, Kuma, and Phoenix because they let me shoot at their flanks with ap while they sailed along spamming HE.  The 4th kill was a destroyer.

shot-15.07.16_18.48.21-0861_zpsxozyy9sg.

shot-15.07.16_18.48.34-0752_zpsveztq8ig.

#16 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 1037 AM

IIRC the most kills I've ever had in a game was 3.

#17 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 1247 PM

The Omaha may actually be a better ship than the Cleveland now when you consider the enemies it sees on average and with all the knocks the latter has gotten since CB started (which, to be fair, were needed).  It still amazes me that anyone can think it needs to be buffed.  :blink:

Definitely keeping mine when I unlock the Cleveland in the near future.

#18 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 1535 PM

I'll sell it but only because I have the Murmansk which is basically an Omaha with longer range and better torpedoes.

#19 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 0732 AM

Penultimate game in the Omaha BBs who don't even try to dodge do wonders for hit count.  I had my camo set to auto replace so I have to run one more game before I sell the ship since camo can't be removed once bought.

shot-15.07.24_06.21.56-0125_zpsnmon3lu8.

#20 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 1857 PM

Penultimate game in the Omaha BBs who don't even try to dodge do wonders for hit count.  I had my camo set to auto replace so I have to run one more game before I sell the ship since camo can't be removed once bought.

Selling an Omaha?  Blasphemy!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users