#21 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,542 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 24 July 2015 - 2022 PM

Got a Murmansk, same guns better torps, AZ is basically the same. So no reason to keep the Omaha.

#22 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 1140 AM

Here's why I kept my Nicholas.  Even with a newbie captain it still can do some serious damage.

shot-15.08.05_10.33.46-0278_zpsyz55syoy.

shot-15.08.05_10.36.43-0830_zpstv9jgpsv.

#23 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,192 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 1952 PM

It's kinda sad seeing how much effort you did against the enemy team - and still your own team loses. Had a game like that with my St Louis. Sank 3 ships, damaged 3 others - one of which enough that led to sinking by other team members. But we still lost....

#24 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,333 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 2246 PM

Good guy Morethot followed my Arkansas in his St Louis and we turned the tide of battle together 1742xp and 99,390 credits

#25 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,490 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 06 August 2015 - 1301 PM

Nice game on Omaha, 2nd hull:

PTsBypb.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/p4LT8

#26 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 1800 PM

Last time I was able to play I had the best game with torps I've ever had with my Kuma. Fired 8 and 4 hit for 2 sinkings.

#27 Mistral

Mistral

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer wargames.

Posted 09 August 2015 - 0843 AM

Finally unlocked the Kongo and took it for a spin.  First battle I was top tier with lots of tier 4 BBs.  less than a minute into the game an enemy US BB is spotted almost at max range, I lineup and fire a full broadside a second after he drops off the screen.  

11 seconds later the enemy team looses a BB  :P  I had three hits, all citadel hits, which blew him up.  A real Hood moment.  Comments in chat were hilarious.  Sunk player was quite gracious though.

Later game was a bit anticlimactic as I could not hit the broad side of a barn.

#28 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 0949 AM

Had this game on ocean.  Funny thing was another Farragut loaded in and started bitching about how DDs were useless on this map.  It came down to me and a Cleveland vs a Cleveland Clemsen and Mitsuki.  I killed the Mitsuki and they killed the Cleveland, all the while one of their guys was screaming in chat that they should be focussing on me because I was the dangerous one.  I had the clemson down to about 100 hp when the game ended.  I think with another minute or so I could have won it.

shot-15.08.09_08.24.59-0306_zpszlwpcdw5.

Sadly I got my daily the next game where I had all of 12 hits and 3 area caps.  Ended up with 647xp.

#29 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,490 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 09 August 2015 - 1704 PM

First game with Minekaze  :blink:

6TpMhn4.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/Jnkst

#30 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,392 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 09 August 2015 - 1920 PM

About fucking time... (standard account)

dt2B2Zv.jpg

7zbTRVL.jpg

qjWXrhZ.jpg

Was so fed up after today's games that I just said nothing at the start.  Lo and behold our team splits up and heads to all three caps which is just pure stupid play.  On top of that our cruisers were bad and ignoring enemy DDs that just rushed right into each of our groups.  I was dodging torps from an enemy DD 5km away from me before I even reached the first cap after the game started!

Fortunately the enemy was finally more stupid than us.  I carried my side and the other caps did a better job of not dying as fast as the enemy.  I'll take it after the day I've had in-game.

#31 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,192 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 0319 AM

How'd you do the screenshots? Yes, I'm a noob. ^_^

#32 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 0620 AM

Hit print screen.  The shots get stored in the WoWs directory in a folder labeled screen shots.

#33 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,392 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 10 August 2015 - 1442 PM

Cleveland still stronk.  Would load up the screenshots but imgur is having issues.  Basically had two 2k XP, 90k dmg games back-to-back and the ship isn't even fully upgraded yet!

#34 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 10 August 2015 - 1737 PM

Not an entirely bad game.

clemson_not_bad.jpg

Could've done better but when I see a lone BB I get tunnel vision...

#35 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 1854 PM

Note the number of shots fired in the second image.  :blink:

88JGxfO.jpg

KZmuCWS.jpg

Almost entire engagement was near max range around A on that map's domination mode.

#36 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 1906 PM

With a fully upgraded Cleveland I can shoot 17.5 km, Between time of flight, dispersion and target maneuvering getting any hits at that range is all luck.  Doesn't stop me from trying though.  Any ship that sails along in a straight line for more than about 15 seconds is in for a surprise though.

Edited by Harold Jones, 11 August 2015 - 1909 PM.

#37 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 1913 PM

I just unlocked enough points for the 4th tier captain skill for my Cleveland.  I'm torn between the fire chance one and the range/AA boost one. 

#38 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 2151 PM

Just played every one of my ships which range from T2 to T4 in random and every one was sunk without doing very much. IMHO and recognise YMMV random is 5 times harder now.

#39 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 2157 PM

Just played every one of my ships which range from T2 to T4 in random and every one was sunk without doing very much. IMHO and recognise YMMV random is 5 times harder now.

I am definitely starting to believe that what's going on is all the players who know the game best have moved on to higher tiers and the low tiers are now filled with folks who are a ) so bad they're progressing this slowly, b ) taking their time and don't care to learn the game, or c ) some combination thereof.  I know I didn't forget how to play overnight but I do know I'm one of those players who is good because I know the right things to do and unfortunately rigidly stick to them and less good about reading and reacting off teammates.  When I'm with teammates who don't know the right things to do I struggle (and my w/r has shown it over the last two weeks). 

If this game follows a similar pattern to WoT the low tiers will, if they haven't already, become a 'wretched hive of scum and villainy'.  You'll want to progress up to mid tiers (5-7) at least, if not top tiers, to get back with the better players.

Edited by Skywalkre, 11 August 2015 - 2159 PM.

#40 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 2302 PM

I just unlocked enough points for the 4th tier captain skill for my Cleveland.  I'm torn between the fire chance one and the range/AA boost one.

Thus far I've been pretty happy with the range/aa skill. It kind of makes up for me not using the AA defense consumable*. I may try the fire skill with my Japanese cruiser captain.

* I'm told the range increase only applies to the dual purpose guns, but since most of the decent carrier players avoid US cruisers like the plague every little bit helps.

Edited by Harold Jones, 12 August 2015 - 1044 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users