Wows Testing

50 replies to this topic

#41 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 07 August 2015 - 1947 PM

Went back to see if there was a bug with focused secondary fire.  The one ship in the three above that was killed in under one minute was the one I didn't focus guns on.  Additional testing showed nothing... kill rates are all OVER the place for the Myogi.

Something else to keep in mind is just how bad even the main guns are on the Myogi.  I had a few minutes left in the training room and not enough time to move to the next DD and time how long it took to kill.  Instead I simply fired HE at it.  I got off 32 main gun rounds and hit... all of 4 from a distance of under 5km!  I took off all of 6k dmg from a 9k hp pool ship and half of that was from a fire I set on my first hit.

BBs are fine... once you get to high tiers.  Low tier ones are borderline unplayable.  RNG is just too prominent.

#42 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,974 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 2207 PM

Wyoming is good though, enough guns to make up for it, blown quite a few DD out of the water. Mygoi needs another turret

#43 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 07 August 2015 - 2248 PM

Myogi needs another turret.  But I would settle for one of the rears move to front.

#44 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 07 August 2015 - 2250 PM

I'd be ok with it having much better accuracy.  I'll take a BB with one gun if it actually goes where I want it to every shot over what we have now.

Regarding BB accuracy I've started a project that will take a while.  Some discussion over on wotlabs gave me the idea to test BB accuracy vs a fixed target (a NC in this case) at various ranges so we can finally see and compare accuracy of various ships.  I have just a Wyoming and Myogi in my current harbor and so far they're about even (very, very early in recording tests).  Not a good thing when the Myogi has half the guns...

#45 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 08 August 2015 - 0718 AM

Watching a broadside from a Wyoming when I'm in a DD reminds me of a fireworks show gone wrong.  Tracers go every which way, occasionally some of them even come in my direction.  

#46 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,974 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 1033 AM

It's rare for a broadside to have have more than 1 hit, I generally fire one turret at a time

#47 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 1701 PM

Well it should untill very late in the process because secondaries were on local control till just before W W II.

#48 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 2039 PM

Unfortunately just had a game where I had no choice but to challenge a cap where an enemy DD was at in my Myogi.  I simply had no chance against him.  The joy of rock-papers-scissor design... :glare:

#49 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 1330 PM

Were you firing HE or AP?

#50 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 10 August 2015 - 1624 PM

Tier 3/4 BBs have serious problems with DDs.  They have horrific dispersion at close range and their secondaries are short ranged and wildly inaccurate.  Adding this to slow turret traverse and long loading times for the main guns and unsupported low tier BBs are easy kills for a DD, especially if the DD is Japanese and equal or higher tier.

#51 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 11 August 2015 - 0923 AM

I agree on the low tier BB vs. DD's.  They can just run around you and use guns and torps and your secondary's are useless.  Your main guns are too slow to load and turn.   

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users