31 replies to this topic

#21 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 1229 PM

Just tried and 4.0 not connecting through. Went to 3.1 doing a big update.

#22 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 1320 PM

Said on there site the update today would be accessable by 1400 EST. Just tried at 1414 EST and not connecting.

#23 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 25 June 2015 - 1324 PM

Guessing they just put it up.  Tried no more than 5m ago and got an error.  Tried again and downloading it as I type.

#24 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 25 June 2015 - 1859 PM

I think the server died and had to be rebuilt.  In any case it's up now.  Humble bundle buyers have not yet received their stuff, I'm sure something will be announced at some point, but for now there seems to be a lot of butt hurt about it in chat.

#25 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 2018 PM

Well they announced the humble bundle disposition. Turns out they were mistaken and it was only meant to be active during the cbt. My apologies to anyone who contributed based on my posting of the incorrect information provided by their community reps. Needless to say I will not spend another dollar on any WG game or product.

#26 Allan Wotherspoon

Allan Wotherspoon

Radamanthine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Military History and Wargaming

Posted 25 June 2015 - 2036 PM

I'm mildly annoyed over this fiasco, but not upset enough to dump WG entirely.  I wonder if they will try to do something to atone for this mess?

#27 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 2041 PM

I don't think I'll walk away, I'm just not giving them any money beyond what they've gotten from me to date.

#28 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 25 June 2015 - 2126 PM

Needless to say I will not spend another dollar on any WG game or product.

I'm genuinely curious why it's taken this long.

Edit: Damn!  This is blowing up.  A post on the subreddit less than an hour old has 100+ comments (the subreddit is rather small) and even wotlabs has a thread going strong.

Seriously... it's almost as if WG is trying to have another flop along the lines of WoWp

Edited by Skywalkre, 25 June 2015 - 2132 PM.

#29 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 2151 PM

Most of the money I spent was on the first two years of WoT.  I was willing to put up with sub par information flow because I really enjoyed the game and a lot of the early community people were doing the job in a second or 3rd language.  But after the hash they made of WoWP and the pay to beta thing they've done with WoWs, a communications fuck up of this magnitude six years in was the final straw.

#30 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 0659 AM

From a producer

Hi folks,

Sorry for the confusion with this announcement, we are only crediting the Murmansk to players who purchased the Humble Bundle E3 Digital Ticket. If you purchased the Murmansk with tokens from a pre-order packages, those doubloons have already been refunded to your account. We will credit the ship as soon as we can and we will let you know as soon as the Murmansk in your port for OBT.

Again, we are very sorry for our miscommunication and we want to make it up to you folks.

#31 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 0820 AM

Just tried to connect and server down again.

#32 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 26 June 2015 - 0926 AM

From a producer

Hi folks,

Sorry for the confusion with this announcement, we are only crediting the Murmansk to players who purchased the Humble Bundle E3 Digital Ticket. If you purchased the Murmansk with tokens from a pre-order packages, those doubloons have already been refunded to your account. We will credit the ship as soon as we can and we will let you know as soon as the Murmansk in your port for OBT.

Again, we are very sorry for our miscommunication and we want to make it up to you folks.

That sounds like my Murmansk (From Humble), Alpha ship (IDR name) and my three pre-order ships along with Arkansas will be in my port (With delay for Murmansk).  Cool. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users