#41 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 01 September 2015 - 1146 AM

Looks like it will be live tomorrow morning, full patch notes here http://worldofwarshi...notes-downtime/

some stuff that leapt out 

For Japanese ships, Reduced the national bonus related to the probability of setting fire for all shells (except 200 mm and 203 mm caliber shells).

For all ships, increased gun accuracy at close quarters (i.e. at distances of 0.2 km to 4 km), which results in a minor increase to accuracy of fire at medium and long-range distances

Implemented an automatic system for handling reports regarding chat misbehavior, capable of issuing chat bans to players

In the Port display, a ship's characteristics now take into account the equipment mounted on the ship

Added a change that will substantially simplify aiming at a ship moving over the border of the map

#42 Allan Wotherspoon

Allan Wotherspoon

Radamanthine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Military History and Wargaming

Posted 01 September 2015 - 1507 PM

I noticed that the Kitikami appears to be making a return

#43 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 1702 PM

I think those are still only available to a few testers.  The biggest problem with them were that they were far and above the highest percentage team killers in the game.  Those floods of long range torps were perfect for it.

#44 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 01 September 2015 - 2132 PM

Devs were quoted as stating it was more dangerous to teammates than to the enemy team and was removed.

#45 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 2244 PM

Yeah, that was what I was trying to say.  It wasn't deliberate TKing but when you are launching spreads of 40 torps the odds are in favor of one or two friendlies wandering into the line of fire.

#46 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,189 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 02 September 2015 - 0133 AM

Yep. It was rare the game with a Kitakami that finished with no team kills for that cruiser.

#47 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 0344 AM

I think those are still only available to a few testers.  The biggest problem with them were that they were far and above the highest percentage team killers in the game.  Those floods of long range torps were perfect for it.

Devs were quoted as stating it was more dangerous to teammates than to the enemy team and was removed.

Yep. It was rare the game with a Kitakami that finished with no team kills for that cruiser.

Hey! I never TKed anyone in Kita! But the 40-odd torpedo broadside was quite hard to use - often you had to launch the entire volley to score one/two hits if you were launching at max range (IOW if you wanted to survive). It is generally a not really new user-friendly ship so we are still thinking about what to do with her. Sadly mi suggestion to give her guided torpedoes and distribute only to me did not meet with approval :( ;)

#48 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 0439 AM

Making the triple-to-quintuple torpedo tubes spreads narrower could also helps. Kinda frustrating when a BB could slip lengthwise between Shimakaze torpedoes at extreme ranges. Even with interleaved spreads!

Edited by sunday, 02 September 2015 - 0439 AM.

#49 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 1605 PM

Interesting thing in Ranked battles... When we win, I am often among the bottom half of the team in XP (as I tend to focus on fight for caps rather than damage). When we lose, I am usually 1st/2nd from the top :)

#50 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,442 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general

Posted 12 October 2015 - 1616 PM

And cruisers and carriers have become the weapons of decision.

#51 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,084 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 12 October 2015 - 2004 PM

I played one RB game with the Mutsuki. It felt different from other games. Seemed like you are in a hurry to win, and there's added tension or something like that, I dunno. It was fun though and it seemed that the players were better - or at least the players on my team were better, as we won with only one loss IIRC. My Mutsuki DD managed to sink one or two ships and was on its way to help sink the enemy CV when we won.

#52 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0316 AM

Carriers? Not really unless very good, as there is a lot of cruisers who effectively negate them. Cruisers... Yes, as long as they stay focused. Destroyers are actually decisive for fight for cap, but need support from the heavy units or they just die.

#53 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0448 AM

Allowing DDs to kill friendlies that do not support could improve the game.

#54 Corinthian

Corinthian

• Members
  • 21,084 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0717 AM

:D :D :D :D :D

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I was in a battle with me using Mutsuki. I was chasing away a Nagato and Fuso. I then see my map and my team mates have abandoned me. WTF?!!?!?!?!?!

Thanks to Mutsuki's slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow torpedoes, the Nagato managed to evade all of my salvoes (I think I fired twenty torps total - and NOT A SINGLE ONE CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!).

Edited by Corinthian, 13 October 2015 - 0718 AM.

#55 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0722 AM

Well, the Mutsuki torps (stock ones especially) are best treated as mines, area denial... If you want hit, you have to come in close. Sims 8km torps are pretty good for RB though, they are so slow you can almost overtake them on boost but they reload quickly and again, they are a fine area denial weapon.

#56 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0739 AM

:D :D :D :D :D

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I was in a battle with me using Mutsuki. I was chasing away a Nagato and Fuso. I then see my map and my team mates have abandoned me. WTF?!!?!?!?!?!

Thanks to Mutsuki's slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow torpedoes, the Nagato managed to evade all of my salvoes (I think I fired twenty torps total - and NOT A SINGLE ONE CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!).

Well, there was that time that, in Mutsuki, I went chasing after three friendly Clevelands that decided going 2 line was a good idea in that map (it is not). After some encouragement in chat, and several near misses with torpedoes (and one hit), they decided to follow my lead. We won.

But still could not understand how they decided to follow instead of the usual response of insulting in chat. :huh:

Also, I think Mutsuki is one of the best DDs for ranked - she has the lowest detectability, coupled with pretty decent torpedoes. Arty is nothing to write home about, but against cripples any gun is good enough. There was that game that I finished 3 ships with Mutsuki's guns.  

Edited by sunday, 13 October 2015 - 0742 AM.

#57 Corinthian

Corinthian

• Members
  • 21,084 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0841 AM

I rarely use the guns on Japanese DDs. They are horrible. :lol:

#58 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0927 AM

Mutsuki top guns are great, pity there is just 2 of them :D

But already had battle where, with Mutsuki, I won gun duel with definitely not crippled Farragut and Mutsuki, finishing off another Mutsuki and a cruiser... I think I scored one torp hit only in that one :D

#59 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,442 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general

Posted 13 October 2015 - 1252 PM

Carriers? Not really unless very good, as there is a lot of cruisers who effectively negate them. Cruisers... Yes, as long as they stay focused. Destroyers are actually decisive for fight for cap, but need support from the heavy units or they just die.

If they are good you win, if they are bad your team has a wasted spot and the enemy team has free points. They are pretty decisive. At least a bad battleship can kill an imprudent DD, a bad CV just does nothing.

Edited by RETAC21, 13 October 2015 - 1253 PM.

#60 Corinthian

Corinthian

• Members
  • 21,084 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 2201 PM

If they are good you win, if they are bad your team has a wasted spot and the enemy team has free points. They are pretty decisive. At least a bad battleship can kill an imprudent DD, a bad CV just does nothing.

It does. It just sits there and screams "HALP!"

:D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users