Rude Ships

41 replies to this topic

#21 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 10 October 2015 - 2107 PM

Ship is float!

#22 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 0251 AM

Yeah, up to a poiny but tier X should show some national character and the Germans were all for survivability at the orice of firepower.

Not the cruisers... Well not the battleships either, depends how you define survivability ;) I mean Bissy took long to sink, but not that long to be just a floating wreck ;) And by putting Scharnhorst as Tier X cruiser you would be giving survivability AND firepower ;)

But in any case Hipster class had pretty shockingly weak protection, 80mm belt and a 30mm sloped armored deck would help at short range, but they are again vulnerable to plunging fire (same as Tirpitz), but compared to contemporary cruisers this was just a bit too little. Jumping from 8cm belt to 36cm would be a bit too unbalanced and would also break the trend of ship handling.

#23 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,442 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general

Posted 11 October 2015 - 1153 AM

Hmm, I remain unconvinced, for example, Emden (1925) could be a tier V cruiser and be contemporaneous to Omaha (1920) and Furutaka (1925) moving Königsberg up one tier and Nürnberg replaced with Kreuzer M of the Z plan, and doing away with Yorck, I imagine Roon or Hindenburg are the Kreuzer P, which should be a tier X and tier IX occupied by an improved Hipper. 

Conversely, you keep Nürnberg and include the 12x15cm improved Hippers.

#24 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 1712 PM

Doesn't seem to reduce the amount of paper stuff much ;) And the thingies are pretty well researched - the Roon is actually quite interesting, clearly mixing the influences from the raider-styled ships (Panzerschiffe and Twins) with the 15cm secondaries and triple (albeit smaller) turrets, Hindenburg is a re-run with the same basic idea but getting rid of the 15cm baggage.

#25 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 12 October 2015 - 1235 PM

Starting on the 13th you have a chance unlock a Tier V Russian DD or German Cruiser for your account.  You have to kill 4 ships in one game with a Japanese tier 4 or higher to get the German ship and 4 ships in a US ship tier 4 or higher to the Russian.  http://worldofwarshi...a-trials-ru-de/

You will not be able to sell the test ships during the event. 
The event ships will earn Credit and XP income like any other vessel.
A Port slot and a Commander with three skill points are included with each ship.
All modules on both ships will have a cost of one XP and one Credit.
Both test ships will be removed from your account once the event is over.
As a bonus, all XP gained on each of the test ships will be transferred to the tier I ship on its respective tech tree. The Crew XP earned by each test ship Commander will be transferred to the respective Commander of each tier I ship on the new tech tree.

#26 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 2134 PM

I was interested in that till I noticed it was Random battles only and I never can sink one ship much less four in that so good luck with that and I will just wait till the release.

#27 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0318 AM

Update: There seems to have been an info mismatch, the RU ship available in this is Tier VI Ognevoi.

Anyway, getting 4 kills just for fun (as I already had my test drive) this evening, if lucky :) Clemson should be good for the US part.

#28 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,084 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 13 October 2015 - 0716 AM

I was *this* close to getting my fourth kill with the Kuma. *this* close. :(

It was a great game though. Solomons map. Standard battle IIRC. The southern group where I was in made contact with the enemy's main body. I sank a Myogi with torps, followed by a Kuma with AP shells on the citadel. Tangled with a DD and a Tenryu which was *this* close to dying until the kill was stolen from me. A Wyoming sank me but I sank her when my torps which struck her brought about flooding she couldn't stop. By the time I sank, we had lost two ships - the enemy 4/5s of the fleet.

And another great game with the Furutaka, ending with me sinking a CV. Again, map was Strait, Domination battle. So far, I think I've lost a total of two games with the Furutaka, the rest were all wins. Luckiest ship so far. :)

#29 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 1256 PM

6 kills in the Iwaki alpha yesterday, had n. 7 lined up but got ahead of myself and ran into an island, from which I couldn't back up (at close to 90º... bug?). I deserved to be called a noob for that.

#30 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 13 October 2015 - 1546 PM

Saw my first Königsberg (Tier V DE CL) just now, me and another Kuma hosed him to death with our 140mm`s. :D

#31 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 1630 PM

I dont know whats going on but lag was horrible today, though wot works flawlessly.

#32 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 1724 PM

Saw my first Königsberg (Tier V DE CL) just now, me and another Kuma hosed him to death with our 140mm`s. :D

Saw my first one today, hit him with an HE round from my Aoba.  Much to my surprise I got a Devastating Strike and he got a detonation.  Seen the Soviet DD but haven't shot at one yet.

#33 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 1600 PM

A comment from EU discussion on introduction of Russian and German ships, regarding some doubts about the use of cat and dog comparison.

Have you seen cats and dogs? German cruisers were like cats: Just lying around, waiting for someone to shoo them off the couch or for a camera to be around to capture their cute antics. Soviet destroyers were like dogs, following their convoys. Whenever they met, there was lots of noise and they got to play the roles of the predators their ancestors used to be but they usually parted with just a few claw marks.

#34 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 1621 PM

Saw my first one today, hit him with an HE round from my Aoba.  Much to my surprise I got a Devastating Strike and he got a detonation.  Seen the Soviet DD but haven't shot at one yet.

Whats so hot abou it? I just sent 2 to Davy Jones locker with the Nicholas

#35 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

• Members
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 1633 PM

Konigsberg? The flat trajectory AP is pretty sweet, she was a rather valuable member of our team in the internal tournament... Better at mid/long range fight than Omaha or Murmansk thanks to the flat trajectory. Though squishier than Omaha - so if they did not pay attention, any destroyer with 5in guns and AP is going to be deadly :)

#36 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 1714 PM

It's also a huge relief to have shells that do significant damage after fighting up through the somewhat less than impressive tier 3 and 4 ships in the line.

#37 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 0951 AM

Gone back to the T 1 Russian ship and staying there till battleship and cruiser lines are released. Can't play DD's worth crap.

#38 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 1038 AM

They are tricky due the short torp range, but with 5x2 torps broadside if you get in range it is almost no escape for enemy. Once you get 130mm guns you can also play like (very light) cruiser. AP from those is good.

Edited by bojan, 26 October 2015 - 1041 AM.

#39 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 0709 AM

That's all good however got enough frustration in real life. Stopped playing DD's in Beta because of that. Stopped playing anything but heavy tanks in WoT because of frustration with trying to play anything else. Don't expect to win all the time but would at least like to have some chance of doing something.

#40 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,189 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 27 October 2015 - 0815 AM

I am finding that Königsbergen are to Omahas (and -hehe- Murmansks too) in tier V is like what Kumas were to Karlsruhes in tier IV. Omahas are sunk in two broadsides usually.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users