24 replies to this topic

#21 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 1533 PM

The only interesting thing I saw with some of the gameplay videos was that the RN torpedo tubes seemed to be individually aimed. Instead of volley firing 3 or 4, they fired one at a time. I suppose it would allow for slightly more nuanced spread firing.

(Of course, it's possible I've missed something and all torpedoes can be fired this way.)

#22 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,958 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general

Posted 02 October 2016 - 1631 PM

I think torpedoes fire sequentially, my Kiev has had a couple of instances in which I heard torpedoe firing but only a couple of fishese left the tubes before being destroyed

#23 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 2210 PM

They do fire sequentially and I've had the same thing happen.

#24 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 0154 AM

I think torpedoes fire sequentially, my Kiev has had a couple of instances in which I heard torpedoe firing but only a couple of fishese left the tubes before being destroyed

Yep, normal torps launch all at once (and had my Beson shot from underneath me yesterday after managing to launch only 1 fish... Was disappointing, hoped to take the BB with me with a full salvo).

Single launch torps will eb the thing for RN cruisers. Guess it will be pretty situational, though at close range extra tight spread could be devastating. Or launching at two different ships.

#25 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,538 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 13 October 2016 - 1326 PM

I saw a Perth on my team in a battle today, it surprised me when it popped smoke.  I'd forgotten they would be able to do that, seemed like nice flat shooting guns, but it died before I did so I didn't get to shoulder surf it and see how it did. 

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users