• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Yeide

Harry Yeide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 0827 AM

Stackpole in March will publish The Infantry's Armor, which I hope will prove the definitive history of the separate armored battalions in North Africa, Sicily and Italy proper, the Pacific, and the ETO. This time, I paid a great deal of attention to the infantry's perspective on working with armor, doctrine and tactics, the amphibious use of armor in all theaters, and cross-fertilization between theaters. I dug up a load of great new information from infantry records and combat interviews, veteran surveys, and some extremely well informed veterans that I missed in the past. The full spiel is here: The Infantry's Armor. Cheers.

#2 Al

Al

aka Al

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 1049 AM

Thanks for the pitch. I've enjoyed your other books so please let us know when you new one becomes available.

#3 C.GILLONO

C.GILLONO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 1327 PM

I concur - please let us know of your forthcoming books
Mine is already on order :D

#4 Buq-Buq

Buq-Buq

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 1022 AM

I picked this book up yesterday . . . I couldn't tell if it was a new book, or a re-print of Mr. Yeide's (first?) book about separate tank battalions, that I didn't ever get.

:-(

The publishing info indicated that Stackpole was the only publisher, 2010 pub. date. If I had seen this thread before, I suppose it would have answered my question.

Anyway, the book looks good. I glanced through for stuff on some of my "favorites", like 751st Tank Battalion in North Africa, and 740th & 743rd in NWE. It looks like they are all represented with mentions, at least, and additional information that I've never seen before. Mentions of CDL tanks (Gary) being used in NWE. It looks good.

Mark