I have started posting those already in other topic, but since this part of hobby has grown since, some of the data I have posted is very basic etc, so here it is, in the hopefully complete set.
First a a foreword.
There were following types of infantry organizations in former Yugoslav military:
- Pesadijska ceta - Infantry company - basic infantry that does not have enough generic motor transport at Co. level for entire company (it most often had enough motor transport for one platoon and Co HQ).
- Automaticarska ceta - SMG company - armed almost entirely with SMGs (it still had LMG in every SMG section), and less support weapons those were intended for close protection of vital assets (higher command Hqs, Artillery groups etc) and for urban fighting. They did not have much support weapons, including lacking platoon support section (but not always).
- Ceta mornaricke pesadije - Naval infantry company. It was based on SMG company until '70s, later on standard rifle company. As a general rule they were well equiped with short-range support weapons and especially AT weapons (one of their roles was anti-landing force)
- Brdska ceta - Hill (infantry) company - is intended for operating on difficult terrain generally considered to be a difficult going for armored units. Lighter weapons than regular Infantry company
- Planinska ceta - Mountain (infantry) company - is intended to operate in very difficult terrain (generally considered non-passable for armored units)
- Alpinisticka ceta - Alpine (infantry) company - Mountain company with additional alpine training, intended to operate in very dificult environment (Soldiers in mountain companies also had alpine training, but it was longer and more rigorous for Alpine company). They most commonly served as recce elements for Mountain units of the higher rang, but there were independent alpine units also.
- Laka pesadijska ceta - Light infantry company - has less and lighter support weapons, often lacks platoon level support. It is used for rear area duties or is a basis for:
- Partizanska ceta - Partisan (infantry) company - it has most often same organization as Light infantry company, but has additional training for operating behind enemy lines.
- Motorizovana pesadijska ceta - Motorized infantry company - it has enough motor transport for entire company.
- Mehanizovana pesadijska ceta - Mechanized infantry company - it is completely mounted in the armored APCs/IFVs.
- Padobranska pesadijska ceta - Paratrooper infantry company - as a name says
- Ceta vojne policije - Military police company
- Posebna ceta vojne policije - Special (purpose) military police company - basically special forces
- Granicarska ceta - Border guard company - as the name says. Unlike some other border guard organizations those had active role in organized defense and battalions were equipped with anti-tank companies for that role.
- Ceta Teritorijalne odbrane - Territorial Defense Company - it was not formally under army command but under republic command (somewhat similar to a US NG). It had very variable structure, and variety in the menpower and weapons.
Edited by bojan, 14 August 2018 - 0628 AM.