Posted 12 December 2017 - 0723 AM

2nd MARDIV has its own Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....mewnN5K4zZu7d7A

alternatively watch a Jerry Miculek video for fast semi automatic. :lol:

#222 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 12 December 2017 - 1002 AM

Sorry...I was ghettoing it from my phone. See the VCOG. Commercial. Non-service. Larue mount. Commercial. DMag60 in the beginning. Commercial.

Edited by Simon Tan, 12 December 2017 - 1003 AM.

#223 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 1035 AM

Sorry...I was ghettoing it from my phone. See the VCOG. Commercial. Non-service. Larue mount. Commercial. DMag60 in the beginning. Commercial.

Yup. I liked him scream 'murrica and then unload the Magpul D-60. :lol: Was that a Trijicon MRO on his M27?

that is part of his job to look around and see what is out there. Gear, technique whatever. He has e.g. shown reload drills like one handed on the ground and such in another video I have seen. those are in no USMC field manual either I bet.

odd thing I noticed was a mini red dot on top of a VCOG. Why put that on a 1-6x24 scope? pro mask shooting maybe?

#224 TTK Ciar

TTK Ciar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Interests:material engineering, composite armor, GPC, battletank technology

Posted 12 December 2017 - 1223 PM

Odd that he didn't mention suppression. Does automatic fire ever have benefits over semiautomatic when suppressing targets?

#225 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 1437 PM

He does. Agressive semiauto is the preferred method.

#226 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,536 posts
  • Interests:Killing, killing is the solution!

Posted 12 December 2017 - 2127 PM

Just FYI and this thread has progressed.  The National Trophy Infantry Team (NTIT) match, at the US national matches, (which I've won BTW, snark) was originally designed to be fired with a rifle squad with two BAR's.  You get 10 targets to be engaged (by 6 men) for 50 seconds each from prone at 600yds and 500yds, then sitting at 300yds and offhand at 200yds.  More commonly known as the "rattle battle", you have 384 rds total, and if you wanna win, you're empty before you get to the 200 yd line.   Scoring is complicated.  http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2017/07/national-trophy-infantry-team-match-at-camp-perry/   

S/F....Ken M

#227 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 2155 PM

linky no worky. That is a pretty good course of fire and it would be awesome to do it with different TOE.

#228 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,536 posts
  • Interests:Killing, killing is the solution!

Posted 12 December 2017 - 2320 PM

http://bulletin.accu...r.com/tag/ntit/

IDK, throw it into a search engine.  It's not bad to do on a square KD range.  It's ironic how people get all wrapped up in CQB type training for OIF, then cry about the lack of long range skills for OEF.  Learn to shoot, period, and you'll be fine applying those skills where ever.  But we just want to buy gear or a pill or something, not spend the time and effort.  S/F...Ken M  

#229 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 2342 PM

Gear is forever. Skills is perishable. And takes up valuable time that might be better spent on Gender Awareness or any dozen mandated activities. 

384 rounds is 8x8 M1 clips per. I wonder what the original pre-Garand load was. 

Why the piggyback MRD? Because it's what they train on with the ACOG. Maintain your consistent manual of arms so when you transition for close quarters, you do it the same way every time. Also means you can run non-unitary optics the same way, like a 2.5-10x32 NightForce. 

#230 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 0428 AM

This course of fire sounds interesting. Turning the mostly solo or double shooting sports into a team sport.

Gear is forever. Skills is perishable. And takes up valuable time that might be better spent on Gender Awareness or any dozen mandated activities. 

[/quote]

Those weeds do not pluck themselves, Private! ;)

Skill is what gets the job done. Tools are just a means to put the skills to work. Hardware solutions to software issues. :mellow:

[quote]

384 rounds is 8x8 M1 clips per. I wonder what the original pre-Garand load was. 

Why the piggyback MRD? Because it's what they train on with the ACOG. Maintain your consistent manual of arms so when you transition for close quarters, you do it the same way every time. Also means you can run non-unitary optics the same way, like a 2.5-10x32 NightForce. 

ah makes sense. sorta kinda

Though the oint of the VCOG is to  have a 1x magnification and thus not need an additional optic aniymore.

#231 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 2252 PM

Popping head is much faster than futzing with your power lever.

#232 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • 21,209 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 16 December 2017 - 2032 PM

I'm finding the signal to noise level immensely better on this thread now I've learned to skip a certain person't posts  :)

#233 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 2038 PM

Makes no difference afaik I can tell. Null ist null.

#234 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • 21,209 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 23 December 2017 - 0642 AM

Tumbleweed blows across the deserted street. Somewhere in the distance a lonely church bell tolls...

#235 Dawes

Dawes

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 0026 AM

Evidently FN had some heartburn over the M27 IAR sole-source award to HK:

​"Fabrique Nationale America, LLC, (FN), of Columbia, South Carolina, protests a notice of intent to award a sole-source contract to Heckler & Koch America (H&K), of Ashburn, Virginia, pursuant to Solicitation No. M67854-17-R-1248, issued by the United States Marine Corps for the purchase of M27 Infantry Automatic Rifles (IARs).  The protester alleges that the justification and approval (J&A) supporting the notice of intent is flawed in several respects.

We deny the protest."

https://www.gao.gov/.../690/689154.pdf

Edited by Dawes, 26 December 2017 - 0027 AM.

#236 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 0927 AM

​"Fabrique Nationale America, LLC, (FN), of Columbia, South Carolina, protests a notice of intent to award a sole-source contract to Heckler & Koch America (H&K), of Ashburn, Virginia, pursuant to Solicitation No. M67854-17-R-1248, issued by the United States Marine Corps for the purchase of M27 Infantry Automatic Rifles (IARs).  The protester alleges that the justification and approval (J&A) supporting the notice of intent is flawed in several respects.

We deny the protest."

it has become SOP to protest awards. Just because. And there is a slim chance getting a piece of the pie.

#237 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 18,239 posts
  • Interests:Military History, Aviation

Posted 26 December 2017 - 0948 AM

We deny the protest."

it has become SOP to protest awards. Just because. And there is a slim chance getting a piece of the pie.
Any idea on how much this adds to cost?

#238 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 1248 PM

I suspect that spoiler protests and legal action are purely aimed at delaying things to eventually undermine the competitor. A now standard tactic of the big MBA belief in the zero sum game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users