Last one too big

4050 replies to this topic

#4001 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I.T. Support, Computers & Science, Rally, Aeronautics, Electrical Engineering, Tanks and other various Machines

Posted 26 May 2017 - 1613 PM

I think i'm finally going to quit WoT for a few months again. Every now and then i find the game just to acidic or toxic to play and its reached that level right now in WoT.

They've scaled costs up just a few percent.. enough to make earning credits a real struggle with no prem account. And i don't want to be forced to play My PAnther 8.8 or Panther / M10 All the time (nearly 3 marked both) I was trying to grind out credits to get Cent AX, but i need a break. The spotting, while improved is still based on the same old broken mechanics. It feels like WoT has reached the point of so many old clunks systems being pushed to their breaking point. It's been 6 years and as far as i'm concerned, WoT hasn't achieved what it should have yet.

Spotting Mechanics leave much to be desired, Maps have somehow gotten even WORSE, Premium tanks voiding out their standard Brethren. Arty has become even more toxic with the changes. Being spotted means a 300 HP reduction a dead crew member and being stunned for 20 seconds. IN a light tank, you can still be 1 shotted. We are never getting Havok. End tier Gameplay is a joke and they have nothing for their oldest members. (M60 codes anyone? xD) The balancing as of late has been just atrocious, and they turned the Vk 2801 into a worse version on the T21, but with 4 more pen, and 10mm more armor. T6 strongholds haven't changed Much, T8 SH is just IS-3 (IS-3 is so overbuffed, yet i consistently murder TRASH players driving them all the Time in my KT) EMil 1 Lorraine 40 T and T26E5's. (Rip T32)

In Summary

Physics? 75% done. Still need havok.

Maps NOPE

Balance - IS there even such a thing in this game??

MM Strangely Okay now

Arty - Still broken. Just can it and move it to alt game modes

Spotting - Tied with maps, need bigger maps to allow a larger spot radius. 500 Meters plus is nice. Most engagements in this game are INSIDE of rifle range....

Graphics/Performance - Finally something WG has delivered on.

Alt game modes- Total Failure

I'm just plain burned out on tank games. WoT is toxic, AW flushed itself down the proverbial river, and WT is a whole new level of Toxic. (RB is okay but good players know where to camp and can ambush you all the time) Realism sucks eh? xD

#4002 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,823 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 26 May 2017 - 2015 PM

I'd love to know the retention stats for players in WoT right now (how many stick with it after trying, how many play for x number of months/years, the number that have been around since launch, etc.).  If you go back through our own lists on this forum of everyone who has ever played I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority have quit (with most quitting years ago).

It's not a given that folks won't play a game for years.  WoW has been going strong for... 13 years?  (I went back to it after they released a solid xpac after years of bad ones.)  LoL is another game that's been around longer than WoT and still the most popular game in the world.  Is WG just content with bringing in folks, milking them, burning them out, and moving on to the next batch?  At least on NA it's clear they can't keep doing that for much longer.

#4003 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I.T. Support, Computers & Science, Rally, Aeronautics, Electrical Engineering, Tanks and other various Machines

Posted 26 May 2017 - 2132 PM

I'd love to know the retention stats for players in WoT right now (how many stick with it after trying, how many play for x number of months/years, the number that have been around since launch, etc.).  If you go back through our own lists on this forum of everyone who has ever played I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority have quit (with most quitting years ago).

It's not a given that folks won't play a game for years.  WoW has been going strong for... 13 years?  (I went back to it after they released a solid xpac after years of bad ones.)  LoL is another game that's been around longer than WoT and still the most popular game in the world.  Is WG just content with bringing in folks, milking them, burning them out, and moving on to the next batch?  At least on NA it's clear they can't keep doing that for much longer.

I met you towards the end of when you quit and tbh, you were par the norm for other players i had met. Just about all my friends i've made in this game over the years have quit. All my (IRL) friends have also quit, and just about everyone active on my friends list is less than 4 years into the game. Some are just @ 7k battles. So what you are describing is definitely is what is happening on the NA server. I was sad to See Tazillion Go...

#4004 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,345 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 0510 AM

Don't woory. Tank soap is here:

Duke Cannon will unveil the partnership through a limited edition run of 10,000 units of Big Ass Tank Soap, made in the classic ‘Smells Like Victory’ scent that Duke Cannon fans will appreciate. The war-ready soap weighs in at a hefty 10 oz., will feature iconic World of Tanks branding and offer a unique code that can be redeemed for $25.00 of in-game goods for new players. Proving Duke Cannon’s Big Ass Tank Soap is nearly worth its weight in gold. The Big Ass Tank Soap will be sold for $9.00 USD and will be available on Duke Cannon’s Online Store beginning May 19.

http://soldiersystem...-ass-tank-soap/

Marketing they have down. Now on to balance and physics...

#4005 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 0806 AM

I quit long ago. I had no problem with buying premium for a year, but once I needed to play premium tanks for over 50% of the time to finance the gold ammo, camouflage and so on to even be competitive with my normal tanks, I quit and I never looked back. BF1 including all Add-ons did cost about as much as one year playing WoT and it is no comparison at all.

Should they offer a special league with limited premium ammo and consumables, I would come back even if it would require a premium account, but in the end I want to play a game again where your brain matters and not how many time and money you invest into the game. Early Beta was awesome, when you could angle a Tiger I and it would bounce shots and meds would flank you...

#4006 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,869 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 1136 AM

Even just bumping Prem ammo prices by a bit will help reduce usage. Some of the less desirable tanks depend highly on gold ammo, my Excelsior needs gold to deal with a KV-1, but otherwise normal ammo is fine.

#4007 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,823 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 28 May 2017 - 2103 PM

Should they offer a special league with limited premium ammo and consumables, I would come back even if it would require a premium account, but in the end I want to play a game again where your brain matters and not how many time and money you invest into the game. Early Beta was awesome, when you could angle a Tiger I and it would bounce shots and meds would flank you...

Something along the lines of the above is a "what if" I've been pondering for a few days.  Say WG took out gold ammo, premium time, and actually balanced tanks away from P2W and instead shifted to a monthly fee like some other MMOs still do (such as WoW).  They'd still have cashflow (and could still do the cosmetic approach for bringing in money... something I'm baffled they haven't clued into yet) and in compensation players would get a better game which right now is a shade of what it was early on.  Would it work?

A big part of WoT's problem now is image.  It sells itself as F2P but clearly is shifting towards P2W (which in turn makes for poor gameplay) yet they deny the latter which just makes them look stupid, greedy, or both.

Edited by Skywalkre, 28 May 2017 - 2108 PM.

#4008 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 2107 PM

Even just bumping Prem ammo prices by a bit will help reduce usage. Some of the less desirable tanks depend highly on gold ammo, my Excelsior needs gold to deal with a KV-1, but otherwise normal ammo is fine.

I doubt that would reduce gold ammo though it could reduce number of players.

I'm playing WoW right now and they put in a feature in the game (Artifact Power) which increases how powerful your character is.  The intent was simply a feature which players accrued slowly over time and was a reward for playing.  In reality it was something that was farmable and a lot of players have burned themselves out farming nonstop to get just minimal gains to their character. 

If they simply increased the price of gold rounds in WoT I bet you'd see something similar.  It would require more farming and more time spent playing premiums or mid-tiers to get the credits to buy the gold rounds... and you'd just be left with burned out players.

At this point I think there's only two good solutions - go the AW route with higher pen/less dmg rounds or simply remove gold rounds altogether (and rebalance regular ones so all vehicles are viable).

#4009 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 1627 PM

What skywalkre said. High 0en reduced damaged IS the way to go. For premium shells.

#4010 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 31 May 2017 - 0332 AM

I don't mind the gold rounds. That's an easy fix, the could put a limit to the amount you carry, make it slower to load, prone to misfire, lots of ways.
What really pisses me off is the superprem tanks. The SkorpionG, the Defender, the Chrysler. Damn noobchariots, worst than the Type59 was at the begining.
At this point i would accept a trade in for all the arties. I like to play them but they keep changing the gamestyle. And the hate grows.

#4011 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 1021 AM

What really pisses me off is the superprem tanks. The SkorpionG, the Defender, the Chrysler. Damn noobchariots, worst than the Type59 was at the begining.

You'll be delighted to hear nothing's going to change.  Did you see the quote I had above from WG stating they were going to address issues in the game, including these new P2W premiums, soon?  Apparently they did... and said to the effect there's no problem. 

Better jump on the P2W bandwagon and send WG more money (because clearly they're struggling) so you can remain competitive!  :lol:

Edited by Skywalkre, 31 May 2017 - 1033 AM.

#4012 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 1550 PM

You'll be delighted to hear nothing's going to change.  Did you see the quote I had above from WG stating they were going to address issues in the game, including these new P2W premiums, soon?  Apparently they did... and said to the effect there's no problem. 

Better jump on the P2W bandwagon and send WG more money (because clearly they're struggling) so you can remain competitive!   :lol:

Essentially yes, i quit on the day i posted and i hopped back in last night. Loaded up my 5 skill Panther M 10 , loaded up the improved vents and took her for a spin (With chocolate) Did 2.3k damaged and blocked 1k... and was left facing off against a Chrysler GF..... a reroll with 2k battles a 53%WR and it was only his 23rd battle in it.... even with 455 VR i couldn't outspot him... in the open... while he was capping.... finally managed a HE hit on his deck,  (of course as the ultimate reroll he was firing only APCR) Whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Let's not get started on the E-25 triple platoons either that wipe the floor with randoms @ T7.

Edited by Avalon12, 09 June 2017 - 1551 PM.

#4013 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 1554 PM

Map was westfield, approach was minimal exposure, exposed only turret to peek under north side of bridge. 

#4014 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 1658 PM

There's also the issue with the new Ranked Battles they introduced.  Not inherently bad in and of themselves (such a feature is pretty common in most games) they're drawing a lot of ire because of the rewards.  You do well enough in Ranked Battles and you have access to equipment which is better than anything currently in game.  Instead of giving out unique tanks, which aren't OP, like they used to do or cosmetic rewards (such as unique camos) they're giving out rewards which make you stronger in the game...

iWKad22.jpg

As of right now these ranked battles have very small windows where one can participate.  If I were still playing I wouldn't be able to.  That would be beyond aggravating if I were still active.

On the PR front it just feeds into the P2W-WG-are-greedy-fucks narrative that's built around the company lately.  There seems to be a *lot* of interest in this mode simply because players want access to this better equipment for fear of being left behind.  Most are reporting the gameplay isn't remotely fun (how you gain rank leads to some serious dirtbag behavior by teammates) and since it's at tier 10 and a competitive mode you lose a lot of credits playing it (so the assumption is folks will have to shelve out for premium time to play it if not directly buy gold for ammo and consumables).

All in all WG is still good 'ol WG.  :lol:

Edited by Skywalkre, 09 June 2017 - 1709 PM.

#4015 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 0303 AM

Yeah... no thanks. WG couldn't pay me to do those. i will just opt out of it all. Just F*** it. its hard enough to earn ANY kind of credits without running T8 prems or prem time. Its just a huge money sink

#4016 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 0510 AM

The day i spend my last prem day that's the day i'll sell the account for $5.
Unfortunately i have almost a year left

Edited by toysoldier, 10 June 2017 - 0510 AM.

#4017 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,065 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 10 June 2017 - 0843 AM

If you hate the game that much just uninstall it now. Life is too short to play games you hate.

#4018 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 1008 AM

I was scottish in a previous life. Gotta spend that prem time.

#4019 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,065 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 10 June 2017 - 1153 AM

https://youarenotsos...k-cost-fallacy/

#4020 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members