10928 replies to this topic

#10581 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,214 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 0613 AM

Why hate crime stats are padded to appear higher than they really are in actual fact: https://dailycaller....ime-statistics/   In 26 years of doing this, in Texas, I have never come across a hate crime (Texas is civilized in that we don't care what your motivation is to commit a crime, just did you do it), I HAVE however come across a bunch of bad dudes, who went to jail for the crimes they committed.                     

#10582 Mr King

Mr King

Shopping Center Tactician

• Members
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 0755 AM

Not only fake hate crimes, but fake crimes such as the Kavanaugh drama.  The Left makes sh*t up, it just hurts real victims, that is what makes it so reprehensible. https://dailycaller....te-crimes-list/  The even sadder part is that certain people will keep claiming that a discredited narrative must be: "Fake but True", and get the Dan Rather Award. 

These are the same brain trusts that gave us "morally correct but factually wrong". 

#10583 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 0821 AM

Not only fake hate crimes, but fake crimes such as the Kavanaugh drama.  The Left makes sh*t up, it just hurts real victims, that is what makes it so reprehensible. https://dailycaller....te-crimes-list/  The even sadder part is that certain people will keep claiming that a discredited narrative must be: "Fake but True", and get the Dan Rather Award. 

These are the same brain trusts that gave us "morally correct but factually wrong". 

For the record. The actual exchange.

If people really want to blow up one figure here or one word there, I would argue theyre missing the forest for the trees. I think theres a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Cooper pressed her on this, commenting, But being factually right is important.

Ocasio-Cortez agreed, saying, Its absolutely important, and whenever I make a mistake, I say, Okay, that was clumsy. And then I restate what my point was.

#10584 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 1004 AM

Well now...I can't tell if she's Hispanic or Eurasian or some other interesting "exotic";

Why does that matter?

If she's interesting, isn't that enough?

#10585 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 22,886 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 19 February 2019 - 1040 AM

I suspect it was just idle curiosity. 

#10586 Mr King

Mr King

• Members
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 1317 PM

Bx4pagD.jpg​

#10587 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 28,418 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 1812 PM

But then there are real hate attacks, they just aren't covered. This one was covered by local news. No vast twitter outrage by leftist politicians and celebrities. No wall to wall coverage by the MSM.

Man accused of pulling gun on victim wearing MAGA hat

By Darby Beane | Posted: Sun 6:54 PM, Feb 17, 2019  |  Updated: Sun 11:09 PM, Feb 17, 2019

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- A Tennessee man is in jail after being accused of pulling a gun on a Sam's Club customer Saturday.

According to the police report, officers were called to Sam's Club due to a person with a gun.

According to the alleged victim Terry Pierce, a man pulled a gun on him because he was wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat.

"I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to," said Pierce.

The police report confirms that the suspect, identified as James Phillips, admitted to flipping off Pierce and Pierce's wife because of their hats.

Pierce tells 13 News that he was shopping with his wife when Phillips "Pulled a .40 caliber out and stuck it in my face, backed up and said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce went on to tell 13 News, "I said, 'Then pull the trigger. Put the gun down and fight me or pull the trigger. Whichever one you want.' And he backed up and he said it again, he said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce said the Phillips then took off. That's when Pierce followed him out into the parking lot.

"I went out the front of the store to confront him again and that's when I got him in his car. He couldn't leave because his mother was still in the store. And we were having a verbal altercation outside," said Pierce.

Pierce added, "He tried telling me I assaulted him and I said, 'I never touched you.'"

According to the police report, surveillance video confirms Pierce's story that he did not put his hands on Phillips.

The report does mention that witnesses and Pierce said Phillips pulled a gun on Pierce inside the store but this couldn't be seen on surveillance video due to Phillips backing out of the view of the camera.

In the report, police say Phillips had a Glock .40 caliber with a round chambered in his back pocket and two additional magazines in another pocket. Police say Phillips has a current concealed carry permit in Tennessee, where he is from.

No one was injured, but police arrested Phillips for wanton endangerment first degree. Phillips is in the Warren County Regional Jail.

We will update this story as we learn more.

https://www.wbko.com...-505971901.html

#10588 Burncycle360

Burncycle360

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 1950 PM

But then there are real hate attacks, they just aren't covered. This one was covered by local news. No vast twitter outrage by leftist politicians and celebrities. No wall to wall coverage by the MSM.

It's frustrating that because the media is the average person's window to what's going on, when the media itself is corrupt literally nobody has a voice loud enough to call them on it enough to invoke national attention.  It can only be done bits and pieces in slow trends.  Even with some victories (like social justice warriors being shown the door at some online media companies) the organization doesn't change, and these all tend to be based in locations that are heavily liberal so their employees tend to be too.  Calling them out on inconsistencies with enforcing their arbitrary political policies (as in Twitter banning certain people but not others) is all the more frustrating because they're basically like "yeah? So?"

There was a video of a guy who literally posed undercover as an Antifa member a couple years back up until they started planning to commit violence, took video evidence to the media and they just. weren't. interested, caught on camera actively avoiding it. 

On another note,  you know how in the last 5+ years there was a surge in click-bait on social media sites ("You won't believe these 10 things...") and if you clicked on the link it was packed full of ads and you have to click "next page" a ton of times?  Finally it's explained...

Edited by Burncycle360, 19 February 2019 - 1952 PM.

#10589 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,917 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer sims, my daughter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 2350 PM

Well now...I can't tell if she's Hispanic or Eurasian or some other interesting "exotic";

Why does that matter?

If she's interesting, isn't that enough?

Heh! I thought she was some kind of Hispanic--I'm always on the lookout for Cuban talent on my wife's behalf--that and I also need to have the right insult to use on her if she pisses me off.

#10590 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 20 February 2019 - 0015 AM

Well $US250m may be a bit steep, but it will get the message across.

Now please do not get me wrong, I do not like Trump, and never have, even before he became POTUS, but I cannot agree with unwarranted character assassination of a high school student.

https://www.smh.com....220-p50z2s.html

Washington: A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, has launched a lawsuit against the Washington Post for defamation, claiming the newspaper falsely accused him of racist acts and instigating a confrontation with a Native American activist in a January videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

The lawsuit, filed in US District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $US250 million ($349 million) in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world's richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.

In a photo that went viral from the incident, Sandmann is seen standing face to face with Native American activist Nathan Phillips. Sandmann stares smiling at him while Phillips sings and plays his drum.

News accounts, including in The Post, and videos of their encounter sparked a heated national debate in the US over the behaviour of the participants.

"In a span of three days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann, an innocent secondary school child," reads the complaint.

Subsquent media reports cast doubts on the interpretation of the original viral image amid shows of support by the Kentucky community towards the teens.

The suit was filed by Sandmann's parents, Ted and Julie, on Nicholas' behalf.

First of many

In a statement, Sandmann's Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead.

A private investigation firm retained by Covington Diocese in Park Hills, Kentucky, found in a report released last week no evidence the teenagers provoked a confrontation.

The students were met at the Lincoln Memorial by offensive statements from members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, the report said.

The investigation also determined that the students did not direct any racist or offensive comments toward Phillips although several performed a "tomahawk chop" to the beat of his drum.

Phillips claimed in a separate video that he heard the students chanting "build that wall", during the encounter, a reference to Trump's pledge to build a barrier along the US border with Mexico.

The investigators said they found no evidence of such a chant and that Phillips did not respond to multiple attempts to contact him.

Reuters, The Washington Post

#10591 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 17,214 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 0559 AM

Well $US250m may be a bit steep, but it will get the message across.

Now please do not get me wrong, I do not like Trump, and never have, even before he became POTUS, but I cannot agree with unwarranted character assassination of a high school student.

https://www.smh.com....220-p50z2s.html

Washington: A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, has launched a lawsuit against the Washington Post for defamation, claiming the newspaper falsely accused him of racist acts and instigating a confrontation with a Native American activist in a January videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

The lawsuit, filed in US District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $US250 million ($349 million) in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world's richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.

In a photo that went viral from the incident, Sandmann is seen standing face to face with Native American activist Nathan Phillips. Sandmann stares smiling at him while Phillips sings and plays his drum.

News accounts, including in The Post, and videos of their encounter sparked a heated national debate in the US over the behaviour of the participants.

"In a span of three days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann, an innocent secondary school child," reads the complaint.

Subsquent media reports cast doubts on the interpretation of the original viral image amid shows of support by the Kentucky community towards the teens.

The suit was filed by Sandmann's parents, Ted and Julie, on Nicholas' behalf.

First of many

In a statement, Sandmann's Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead.

A private investigation firm retained by Covington Diocese in Park Hills, Kentucky, found in a report released last week no evidence the teenagers provoked a confrontation.

The students were met at the Lincoln Memorial by offensive statements from members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, the report said.

The investigation also determined that the students did not direct any racist or offensive comments toward Phillips although several performed a "tomahawk chop" to the beat of his drum.

Phillips claimed in a separate video that he heard the students chanting "build that wall", during the encounter, a reference to Trump's pledge to build a barrier along the US border with Mexico.

The investigators said they found no evidence of such a chant and that Phillips did not respond to multiple attempts to contact him.

Reuters, The Washington Post

YES!!!!!  About bloody time, the Media needs to face the wrath of the libelled and slandered, and have to pay for their Fake News.  https://hotair.com/a...ashington-post/   I hope they lose, and lose bigly (a little Trump lingo there), so that they actually have to adhere to some sort of ethics.  Or perhaps they could learn to code......    SLAM AND DUNK!!!! http://www.hemmerlaw...e-for-nicholas/   

#10592 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 17,214 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 0610 AM

More on the Fake Noose (News) from Jussie Smollet: https://townhall.com...-noose-n2541905    

#10593 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 19,858 posts
  • Interests:Military History, Aviation

Posted 20 February 2019 - 0834 AM

Big numbers to get the defendant's attention; the suit will likely settle for less--but it should still hurt.

#10594 Mike Steele

Mike Steele

Boobies!

• Members
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 0930 AM

Big numbers to get the defendant's attention; the suit will likely settle for less--but it should still hurt.

The amount is the same as Bezos paid for the WP.

#10595 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,211 posts
  • Interests:everything (almost)

Posted 20 February 2019 - 1236 PM

OH! MY GOD!!!!

For nearly 2 decades, Grand Canyon tourists were exposed to radiation beyond the federal limit, safety manager says

https://www.cnn.com/...trnd/index.html

Except they weren't. 

"Anna Erickson, associate professor of nuclear and radiological engineering at Georgia Tech, said the uranium exposure at the museum is unlikely to have been hazardous to visitors."

#10596 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 15,430 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 1356 PM

OH! MY GOD!!!!

For nearly 2 decades, Grand Canyon tourists were exposed to radiation beyond the federal limit, safety manager says

Except they weren't. 

"Anna Erickson, associate professor of nuclear and radiological engineering at Georgia Tech, said the uranium exposure at the museum is unlikely to have been hazardous to visitors."

One does not exclude the other.

Heavy metal poisoning is more dangerous anyway with uranium ore. ;)

#10597 Mr King

Mr King

• Members
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 1358 PM

#10598 Mr King

Mr King

• Members
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 1632 PM

When political correctness meets games. Rainbow 6 Siege. I have not bought a Rainbow 6 game in years, and it looks like I won't be anytime soon

JbDSygz.jpg​

#10599 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 25,087 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 1911 PM

Washington Post has stated it will use circular logic as their defense against charges of libel.  They are stating that Nick Sandman became a public figure as soon as the press made him a public figure for just standing his ground waiting for a bus.

Probably will settle.  If it does I certainly hope a non-disclosure statement isn't part of the settlement.

Edited by DKTanker, 20 February 2019 - 1914 PM.

#10600 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 25,087 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 1915 PM

The amount is the same as Bezos paid for the WP.

Hehehe, I don't think that's a coincidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users