2058 replies to this topic

#41 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1214 PM

i don't like HIM as much as the things he does.

Trump is a piece of shit there is no doubt. But is he a piece of shit like Obama whose aided Iran to bring drugs onto the American streets through one of its terrorist proxies, or armed and funded radical Islamist to help carry out his quest for regime change in Libya and Syria. Or a piece of shit like Bush, who lied his way into Iraq? I guess that remains to be seen. 

What we do know is orange man bad.   

#42 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 15,669 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1216 PM

Or a piece of shit like Bush, who lied his way into Iraq?

Lied their way into Iraq.

Plural. Like father like son. ;)

#43 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1236 PM

It's gonna be fine. See, your current president is this guy. A man so stupid he literally can't spell right. So stupidity isn't something you need to worry about at this point.

WAG: http://languagelog.l...Autocorrect.jpg

#44 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 23,182 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1359 PM

For a stupid man, he sure is rich.  Something that many libs cannot claim, until they get into Congress and make millions in under the table money. 

Right.  As he has admitted time and again, he got rich by buying off politicians with money under the table.

Which is pretty much how the north east from DC up works. It takes a certain cunning to work in that system and not a, loose your shirt and b, not fall afoul of legal issues. 

#45 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • 31,601 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1704 PM

For a stupid man, he sure is rich.  Something that many libs cannot claim, until they get into Congress and make millions in under the table money. 

Right.  As he has admitted time and again, he got rich by buying off politicians with money under the table.

Which is pretty much how the north east from DC up works. It takes a certain cunning to work in that system and not a, loose your shirt and b, not fall afoul of legal issues. 

It can work that way south of DC also. Its just not as overt, or as pervasive.

#46 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 18,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1715 PM

I figured it was that or predictive text. To be fair to those afflicted with Trump Derangement, I don't know much about potential security implications of those features, but I don't imagine they are good. 

#47 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 15,669 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1742 PM

I figured it was that or predictive text. To be fair to those afflicted with Trump Derangement, I don't know much about potential security implications of those features, but I don't imagine they are good. 

how so for security? Whne they use a dedicated computer for twitter posting only. Or a dedicated telephone, that is not used to activate the football or something the risk should be rather low. At maximum a russian hacker™ could tweet crazy stuff on Twitter.

#48 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 23,182 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1800 PM

It can work that way south of DC also. Its just not as overt, or as pervasive.

Of course it can, but the pervasiveness is really what its about. I don't know of any business owners down here who talk about how it's a normal rule to have to pay off local officials to get a project started. (Getting someone to look elsewhere while you violate the rules is a different matter.) Instead I have heard of folks from DC and parts further north that it IS a matter of rule that if you don't pay some bakshish, your project won't go forwards at all. 

#49 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 18,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1824 PM

how so for security? Whne they use a dedicated computer for twitter posting only. Or a dedicated telephone, that is not used to activate the football or something the risk should be rather low. At maximum a russian hacker™ could tweet crazy stuff on Twitter.

I'm not sure what they use and if it is dedicated or not. But your post gave me a funny thought. There is always white house photographers that document the presidencies through photos. I can see kids in 20 years reading a history book with a candid photo of Trump scrunched up with a smart phone, and a caption below it that reads, "45th president making what was colloquially known as a Shitpost"

#50 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,456 posts
  • Interests:Ducats and shot

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1833 PM

For the 2020 election, I want to make a t shirt that says "fight the deep state, vote for the asshole."

#51 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1900 PM

Orange vests.

#52 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • 31,601 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 11 December 2018 - 1959 PM

For the 2020 election, I want to make a t shirt that says "fight the deep state, vote for the asshole."

:lol:

#53 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 0427 AM

So far so good but what did she say?

#54 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 15,669 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 1118 AM

Orange vests. wigs.

fify. ^_^

I'm not sure what they use and if it is dedicated or not. But your post gave me a funny thought. There is always white house photographers that document the presidencies through photos. I can see kids in 20 years reading a history book with a candid photo of Trump scrunched up with a smart phone, and a caption below it that reads, "45th president making what was colloquially known as a Shitpost"

Donald jr.: Moooooom! Daddy is shitposting on Twitter again!

Edited by Panzermann, 12 December 2018 - 1120 AM.

#55 lastdingo

lastdingo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 1203 PM

OP's pic is so unbelievably tone-deaf at a time when women prove to be a decisive demographic for elections - I did not see that coming.

The whole theatre and attention around that woman is nothing but evidence that the right wing in America thinks she's got huge potential as a politician.

That's the only motivation for going into such a high gear with the character assassination campaign that quick.

Such character assassination campaigns have become reflexive since at the latest the success of swiftboating. It doesn't even take a memo any more; a rising star on the left leads to automatic attacks of certain kinds. Sadly, the attacks are nowhere limited to actually good political points about the target's platform. Laymen-produced attacks such as OP picture are often particularly primitive, even -as in this case- nothing but an expression of hate and disrespect.

If only I knew how to keep such acid political culture away from my country. It appears that extreme right wingers (a.k.a. neonazis and neonazis in disguise) seem to have picked up a lot already (and the established media are hapless in face of it if not entirely irrelevant).

#56 lastdingo

lastdingo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 1206 PM

Trump is a piece of shit there is no doubt. But is he a piece of shit like Obama whose aided Iran to bring drugs onto the American streets through one of its terrorist proxies, (...)

Oh boy, where does that nonsense come from? Some chain e-mail?

edit: Forget about that. I looked this nonsense up myself. Seems as if a Politico hit piece is behind this.

Here's a neutral appraisal of said hit piece:

https://www.lawfareb...-politico-piece

This is nowhere near the certainty of either Bush lying about Iraq to go to war (Saddam wasn't really about to invade Saudi-Arabia in '90).

The Obama-Hezbollah-Iran story is much more likely a planted smear by certain anti-Iran interests.

Tip: If you want to condemn Obama, condemn him for his assassination of a U.S.citizen or for the many tolerated 'collateral damage' killed children and uninvolved people who were killed by drone strikes. You can easily paint Obama as a war criminal (Geneva Convention) without any very unlikely conspiracy theory. (Same as almost all U.S. presidents since FDR, I think.)

Edited by lastdingo, 12 December 2018 - 1215 PM.

#57 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 28,602 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 1848 PM

I half expect her to run for President in 2020 and then win, whereupon the Dems dare the rest of us not to let her be sworn in (Constitution is a living document and all that...).  You may laugh, but you know the establishment Republicans would cave.

And on cue, some on the Left are saying we should change the Constitution because it discriminates against young people running for president and we NEED her to run.

#58 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,914 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 12 December 2018 - 1903 PM

I thought Beto was the new hotness for the left?  

#59 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,914 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 13 December 2018 - 0801 AM

This article in the American Spectator calls her a Democratic Socialite.  I'm not a big fan of dismissive nicknames in politics but this one made me laugh out loud.

#60 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 20,038 posts
  • Interests:Military History, Aviation

Posted 13 December 2018 - 0909 AM

Now, fake Jews...Ocasio-Cortezenstein?

https://www.jpost.co...isnt-DNA-573968

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez defends Jewish heritage claim: 'Culture isn’t DNA'

'...where she mentioned that some of her family members were Sephardi Jews “a very long time ago, generations and generations ago.” '

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users