Photo
- - - - -

Is World Of Warplanes A Massive Failure For Wargaming?

72 replies to this topic

#61 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,036 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 0625 AM

So with WoWP being redone, does that mean anything to current garage of players? I have the tier 9 Japanese jet. Will I still have it when the game is redone?

#62 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 0716 AM

I can't see them wiping hangers, so most likely you'll keep your jet.  The name, characteristics and model might change of course.

#63 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 0854 AM

So with WoWP being redone, does that mean anything to current garage of players? I have the tier 9 Japanese jet. Will I still have it when the game is redone?

The few leaks we've gotten point to the game being remade via constant patches to the current one rather than a completely new product.  As such it's a safe bet you'll keep what you have (unless they change the tech trees around but they'd likely just do what they do in WoT and replace what you have with the new one).  I can't possibly imagine them doing anything that would take any plane away from players.  The backlash and negative press would simply be huge.

I'm still skeptical.  The WoWp engine was never impressive and this is something that will take a long time (too many issues with the game for just a few patches to work, and frankly the changes they've been making over the last year or more have generally made things worse so unless they replace top personnel there's little hope).

I hope they can, though.  I always liked the idea of the shared account and being able to take a break from one game but still earn XP and gold in another (or use one game to save up said resources so you get a boost in the other which is what I'm planning on doing with WoT and WoWs).  I used a fair bit of gold in WoWp when it launched.  So frustrating that that was just thrown away.

#64 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,036 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 1002 AM

Yeah, WoWP is a nice break from WoT. For me, even if it doesn't turn around much, it's still nice to have. I guess all the talk about big changes just means more vigorous changes with patches.

#65 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 1015 AM

The shared account thing is nice, I expect that when WoWS launches I'll buy some premium time and having it take effect across all three games will be a nice bonus.  I don't think there's any changes they can make that would cause me to spend gold on the WoWP, but if they managed to make enough changes to the game to bring the population up I could see myself logging in from time to time to fly with friends.  I have a few premiums plus some tier 6/7 planes to fly if it happens.

#66 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 1026 AM

There's actually one change they could make now that would make me reinstall and check it out again: get rid of flights.

Given the game mechanics a flight of players who were half decent could completely dominate matches.  Couple this to the guys in WoWp who gamed the MM system to also guarantee they were always top tier (and given the poor balance of planes they were always in the OP ones) and it was zero fun to load into a game, see one of those flights on the other team, and realize you had lost the game because those guys were pulling 90-95% win rates.  In WoT, even against the best purple platoons you'll win 1 in 4 matches if the team plays right.  You also saw those purple platoons rarely in WoT whereas with the low pop of WoWp you could get match after match against that same flight.

I know folks who just like to chill and play with friends (and who aren't as dominate) will not like this but for the health of the game it's a move they should have made a long time ago.

#67 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,946 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 2050 PM

About 702 players at 11:00am PDT on the NA server today. A simple thing they can do is copy the crew features of WOT so you easily swap crews, retrain them etc. They are 1/2 way there anyways. In fact copy WOT as much as you can as that is what many players are used to already.

#68 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,946 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 2258 PM

Just played 3 games after the latest update, the graphics have improved and nice to look at, still get chopped up quickly, takes to long the load the hanger after battle. Only 580 people on the NA server.

#69 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 2138 PM

Just updated mine and it does look better however just as frustating as always was.

#70 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 2050 PM

Heh...

http://www.reddit.co...ch_confirms_no/

Btw, we don't need a seperate subforum for this game.  WoWp has been dead for a long time.  We're not a subsidiary of WG here...

#71 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 2312 PM

Well, since this subforum is still around let's have some fun and push the hatchet a little deeper into the dying skull of this title...

http://thearmoredpat...r-brother-news/

–It is possible that WoWp will not last until the end of the year unless some serious influx start popping up with better gameplay

This isn't really news.  There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago when WG made changes to the EULA or whatever that everyone skips over on patch days where they mentioned something about a title closing down.  Most folks assumed WG was prepping to shut down WoWp.

If anything it's amazing the game has lasted as long as it has with the low numbers it always had.

#72 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,946 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 1807 PM

Well been playing today, lots of free XP to earn which is also good for WOT. Player base at 566

#73 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 1830 PM

It's an older vid, but it checks out.  ;)

I'm really starting to like Jingles.  His commentary is always spot on.  Haven't watched a vid of his lately that I didn't enjoy.

Reply to this topic