Perk -- Eagle Eye?

14 replies to this topic

#1 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 1408 PM

I don't even remember picking this a crew perk, but the tank commander on my T-14 just got to 100% for this perk.  Now I'll see tiny little symbols below a target that show damaged modules.  Half the time I can't really tell what module symbol is being displayed cause' its such a tiny logo.  And I have a mega large monitor.

So how useful is this perk?  Are some tanks better suited to having a TC with this perk?  And how should I try to utilize it to best advantage?  Or should I just drop this perk in favor of another more useful skill or perk.    

#2 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 1502 PM

I have a commander working on this perk too (30%).  So I would also be interested in how this one works. 

#3 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,749 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 1519 PM

I sometimes see the damage done to modules like this, but I don't have any crew with Eagle eye, I wonder if the information is transmitted to other tanks in the area as well?

#4 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 1523 PM

I wonder if the information is transmitted to other tanks in the area as well?

It isn't - at least, I've never been told about damaged modules.

#5 Allan Wotherspoon

Allan Wotherspoon

Radamanthine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Interests:Military History and Wargaming

Posted 03 May 2013 - 1535 PM

I had it for my Super Pershing commander and didn't find it that useful.

#6 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 03 May 2013 - 2047 PM

I'd drop it.  There's simply other options.

- Repair is a must on every tank eventually.  Sooner on heavies, a bit later on meds.

- Camo is better depending on vehicle type.  With power creep your best defense is not being seen and after redoing my high tier meds to have camo first or very early on most of their crews I'm a believer in this route now.

- BiA is better.  Should be third or fourth on basically every vehicle.

- Sixth Sense is a must if you plan on scouting any.  I'm still not sold on the usefulness of it in pubs (pubs have predictable patterns and even in campfests you know where most vehicles are after a few minutes).

- I'm still a fan of Mentor.  Better to get secondary skills faster on everyone given the horribly slow rate of advance after the first than know what modules are damaged on an enemy. 

You focus fire tanks regardless of what you know about module damage.  The value of Eagle Eye is just very limited.

#7 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,749 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 2223 PM

I still not sure why you are so hard on 6th sense, I have it on every tank and it saves me from arty all of the time. As soon as the light comes on I know I have about 5 seconds to get moving. I also find it quite useful on arty, as I know when I have been spotted by a scout and when not.

#8 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 04 May 2013 - 0102 AM

I suppose that if you know an enemy has his ammo rack damaged, you know he´s gonna take more time reloading. Is the only usefulness in can think of.

But Six Sense is very good. I have it in my S51 and has saved my bacon many times from counterarty.

#9 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 0148 AM

6th sense on TDs and lights.

Recon and situational awareness are priority. BiA if I know I will keep the tank for long. Then a mix of camo and repair depending on vehicle.

I did try to get 6th sense for all tanks, but have removed it on meds and heavies since I now know 95% of the time if I am spotted or not.

Tried mentor, but did not see enough effect from it to compete with other stuff to put on TC.

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson, 04 May 2013 - 0216 AM.

#10 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 04 May 2013 - 0655 AM

I still not sure why you are so hard on 6th sense, I have it on every tank and it saves me from arty all of the time. As soon as the light comes on I know I have about 5 seconds to get moving. I also find it quite useful on arty, as I know when I have been spotted by a scout and when not.

Two reasons I'm not huge on it.  First, there's a delay from when you're spotted to when it lights up.  I've been hit multiple times before the thing even goes off.  I had a game in my Bat Chat the other day where I was scouting a ridgeline, Sixth Sense went off, and immediately a good player in an enemy arty hit near me.  There's limited routes to scout on many maps and this guy was just waiting along an expected one.  Sixth Sense didn't really help me there.

Second, it doesn't tell you when you're no longer spotted.  I've counted down before after it was lit up to the point where I should no longer be visible, moved to a different firing position, and been hit without Sixth Sense going off.  Obviously a second guy had me lit slightly after the first to the point where I remained lit up by the time I moved back up, or he never lost track of me, or he had the perk that kept me lit up longer.

I've come to appreciate its value in competitive play, though.  With comms and a team that works together it's invaluable to know what tanks are lit up and which ones aren't.  It helps paint a picture of likely enemy movement and you can then react off that.

#11 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,749 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 1408 PM

I've come to appreciate its value in competitive play, though.  With comms and a team that works together it's invaluable to know what tanks are lit up and which ones aren't.  It helps paint a picture of likely enemy movement and you can then react off that.

this is another value of it and I try to report when spotted, very good when assaulting into a forest.

#12 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 1130 AM

After playing with "Eagle Eye" in several matches I decided it was an interesting Perk for a tank commander when combined with a gunner who has the "Dead Eye" Perk.  Than you get feedback on what sorts of critical damage you are inflicting on a target.  However, I didn't feel like it was valuable enough as a first Perk for a tank commander and switched to Sixth Sense.   

#13 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 0707 AM

Ok.  So maybe I will keep working on it.  Thanks.

#14 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 0920 AM

Ok.  So maybe I will keep working on it.  Thanks.

I'm thinking I'll retrain at some point as maybe a second skill\perk -- maybe a combo of TC with Sixth Sense and Eagle Eye Combined with Gunner with at least Dead Eye.  I currently think there are more valuable skills\perks that the TC should have as a first skill.   

#15 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 0942 AM

Over Eagle eye I see more use for Recon, 6th sense, Jack of all trades, Repair and Camo.

I am honestly not at that level the my game is influenced in what modules are damaged on an enemy tank - except for tracks. And those I can see without Eagle eye.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users