Well I like it anyway......

#2 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 1550 PM

you can't be serious

does it smash your fingers, hurt your back, and make you smell like a POL factory?

#3 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 0255 AM

Um, no. I guess we will have to wait for the scratch and sniff version. :)

One thing I thought was amusing, I recovered a Tiger 1 and had to take all the wheels and running gear and torsion bars off. And then put them on again when they were repaired! Then straight afterwards I did a T34 and it took about a quarter of the time. If nothing else its a neat illustration how barking mad some of the German designs were.

There is a whole series of these out there, including a car mechanic one (which you do muscle cars I believe) and a WW2 aircraft Mechanic, which looks more my cup of tea.

#4 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 0823 AM

at least the running gear on these tanks is "new" rather than 50 years old.  That makes it a bit easier, til it is covered in frozen mud.

#5 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 0833 AM

To be fair, they do model stuck bolts. To get them off you ever have to use the angle grinder to cut it off, or apply blunt force with the mallet against the part held in place. We really need haptic gloves to get the full benefit of this, it would probably be good for a work out. :D

My friend says it appear to be a tank rust removal simulator, and thus far it seems to be broadly true. But you do have the ability when you unlock tools to make parts (im not quite sure how thats done), and there is a driver test range and gunnery range, so there seems a fair bit to do in fairness.

There are rumours they are doing to do Maus as a later update, and probably British tanks at some point. I imagine dismantling a Churchil and a Matilda would prove interesting.

#6 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 0912 AM

If you don't spend days or weeks waiting for parts it's not at all realistic.

#7 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 0915 AM

No, its much faster paced than that.

Its actually not a bad suggestion, have delays from receiving the wrong parts. I might suggest that to the devs. :)

#8 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 0920 AM

Yeah, ive just put that up on the ideas section of the discussion forum on Steam. Feel free to post up any others, and ill pass them along.

#9 DogDodger

DogDodger

Cornre durg dealing ilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 1630 PM

One thing I thought was amusing, I recovered a Tiger 1 and had to take all the wheels and running gear and torsion bars off. And then put them on again when they were repaired! Then straight afterwards I did a T34 and it took about a quarter of the time. If nothing else its a neat illustration how barking mad some of the German designs were.

Friedli quotes a June 1943 report from the Paderborn training school that says, "The exchange of an inner road wheel [on the Tiger I] takes at least 10 hours even with a well-rehearsed crew." In August 1944, Major Hans-Joachim Schwaner of s.Pz.Abt.502 said of the Tiger, "The hard shocks make the torsion bars break especially frequently. Even when all spare parts are available, a Pz.Kpfw.VI damaged in such a manner needs 30-36 hours to repair. In the case of a broken rear torsion bar, the engine needs to be dismounted."

#10 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 0248 AM

Yes, I can quite believe it having had to do it in the game. :D

Its areas like that it makes it shine. There was another thing, I had forgot to put a part in the T34, I think it was something to do with the transmission, and I had to remove the exhaust, external fuel tanks, engine covers and engine before I could put them in.

Lets just say, it gives an interesting perspective on how these vehicles were put together.

#11 Coldsteel

Coldsteel

Romanes eunt domus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 0805 AM

There are rumours they are doing to do Maus as a later update, and probably British tanks at some point. I imagine dismantling a Churchil and a Matilda would prove interesting.

There is an unpopulated "British" list, so I'd say they have plans.

#12 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 0809 AM

Im looking forward to seeing how easy it is to get the undercarriage of a Matilda. :)

#13 Coldsteel

Coldsteel

Romanes eunt domus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 2209 PM

Just got to lift up her petticoats ...

4LpJUFy.jpg

#14 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 57,251 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 0233 AM

Damn, thats going to be fun. :D

#15 DogDodger

DogDodger

Cornre durg dealing ilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 1348 PM

A funny video was posted on Facebook of an infinite money cheat. Not condoning, but if you ever get bored and just want to buy all the tanks: