I am afraid that his point of view will upset Stuart, though

#742 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,915 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 1253 PM

Oh Tim, please stop subscribing me to postions without actually asking my opinion. Im perfectly forthright, you dont need to offer them for me you know.

#743 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,652 posts
  • Interests:WW2 Armor (mostly US)

Posted 16 May 2019 - 1447 PM

without getting into a lot of specifics I've had the experience of reading your posts here on TankNet for many years.  We've both been here a long time.

In aggregate your positions are not in line with Mr Atkinson.  I'm not  subscribing positions to you,  I am aware of the posts that you have made over the years and especially the the last few.

You tend towards censorship.  There's no denying it.  It is a fact. 

The chief difference is that I accept your beliefs on the subject whilst disagreeing with them.  I have the added positive of being very consistent in my position.  I tend to stay away from the duels between you and Ryan but I do read them.  I just don't post there very much.

I'm not saying anything about anything other than Mr Atkinson's position and your overall position are very far apart.  I was very impressed with Mr Atkinson's speech and thought it a model of clarity on the subject.  I was surprised that it was a 7 year old speech, it sounded like last week, very current.

If you feel like Mr Atkinson is accurate in his summation then you'll need to review some of your earlier work.

#744 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 23,421 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 16 May 2019 - 1740 PM

Stuart doesn't disagree with Rowan, he disputes that any censorship is even happening. 

'There is no censorship. If there was, it be ok because we censored people talking about convoy sailings during an existential total war situation that we're not in now. But there is no censorship.'

That's a perfectly clear summation of your views as I've been able to glean just from your latest post and relatively recent examples on the subject Stuart. 

Edited by rmgill, 16 May 2019 - 1740 PM.

#745 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 23,421 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 16 May 2019 - 1932 PM

Stuart, I'd really like to see you go down and talk face to face to Sargon. Hopefully you'd do a better job of it than this posh kid. 

#746 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 0603 AM

At its root a government is just a body with the power to make decisions for the whole population. How they come to that power is determined by their authority to govern. In a Democracy it is granted by the people. In a dictatorship it is held by force. In a monarchy it is granted by God.

Edited by Paul G., 17 May 2019 - 0603 AM.

#747 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 0714 AM

Oh Tim, please stop subscribing me to postions without actually asking my opinion...

What goes around comes around

#748 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 51,915 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 0718 AM

Oh Tim, please stop subscribing me to postions without actually asking my opinion...

What goes around comes around

Contribute to the thread Bojan, or dont, the choice is yours. Personally I dont expect the sneering from  yourself. Its a poor fit.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, 17 May 2019 - 0722 AM.

#749 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 51,915 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 0722 AM

Stuart, I'd really like to see you go down and talk face to face to Sargon. Hopefully you'd do a better job of it than this posh kid. 

And its a fair point, Id be happy to talk to him if I ever bump into him. The problem is in person im shy and tounge tied. Its only over a keyboard I actually achieve any kind of loquacity.

I really ought to go to an I and I, I know there is no way you are going to believe that. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users