1995 replies to this topic

#1961 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0959 AM

In the Lübcke case, as usual for murders that might have been ideologically motivated, respectively interested political camps are either harping about the dangers of the suspect ideology and sensing vast networks behind the act, or are accusing the other of misusing a tragedy by exaggerating the background of an individual suspect. Federal prosecution has stated they are assuming a right-wing motivation due to the suspect's political past, but many questions like what triggered him, whether he acted alone, the origins and current whereabouts of the murder weapon remain unresolved at this point.

The suspect lived an inconspicious life with wife, kids and house for the last ten years. Neighbors described him as a quiet, polite and friendly type with no indications of political radicalism. He was a member in a shooting club, but only in the bow section; he had no access to firearms stored on site, none of which are missing anyway.

One theory for the motive is that a dated shitstorm over Lübke was recently rekindled on the internet, as it sometimes happens. As noted before, he tangled with immigration critics during the 2015 refugee crisis; in particular, he advised hecklers at one event that anybody not agreeing with the liberal values of modern Germany was free to leave the country. Of course the quote was spread around the net in truncated form, there were the usual death threats, and Lübke was under police protection for some time.

The thing re-emerged this February when former CDU Bundestag member Erika Steinbach, who left the party over Angela Merkel's policies and today sometimes speaks at AfD events without having become a member, reposted a blog entry from another source on Facebook which referenced Lübke's remarks without dating them. Typically, people thought it was a current event and started shitstorming all over again. Some also suggest the murder was an act of frustration, since popular attention to the right-wing scene has dropped over the last year or so.

On possible accomplices, the key to a Skoda the suspect had recently taken over from a relative was found hidden away at his house, but the car itself is missing. He usually drove his wife's VW Caddy; a car of that type was reportedly seen driving "aggressively" through Lübke's home village after the murder, along with another one that was not identified. So far it's all rather circumstancial, however.

#1962 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 1307 PM

The guy seems to have quite the history. Conventions to the NSU and years ago regarded as a likely terrorist.

https://www.tichysei...e-ueberwachung/

#1963 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 0620 AM

The suspect just confessed. He says he had considered it for some time and acted alone. He is said to have not been active in the extreme right for about ten years. The MSM reported he recently attended a Neo Nazi concert but that turned out to be wishful thinking. It was someone else who has come forward. 

#1964 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 0247 AM

Seems the guy who sold him the gun and an intermediator have also been arrested, and a "weapons depot" found. The suspect was apparently at the original 2015 event where Lübke made the remarks that riled up the Right. He reportedly asked both his girlfriend and a work colleague to give him an alibi, but they wouldn't.

#1965 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,113 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 0612 AM

So mutti has the shakes again.

#1966 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 0701 AM

The suspect was apparently at the original 2015 event where Lübke made the remarks that riled up the Right. 

Ups! 

#1967 Daan

Daan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 1430 PM

:o

Orginal: https://goo.gl/tpvHzK

#1968 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 1640 PM

:o

Orginal: https://goo.gl/tpvHzK

ah yes, the wild nineties. Techno remixes of everything anything. :D

#1969 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 1629 PM

image-1443717-860_poster_16x9-zhwc-14437

#1970 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,419 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary armor - tactics and technology

Posted 28 June 2019 - 1659 PM

I see a gap somewhere in the background.

#1971 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 1705 PM

That's Lübeck, apparently. There are numerous separate parking bays on that street, which is slated for road works, and planners thought people might be confused where the temporary no-parking zone begins and ends. So they put up a total of 160 signs.

#1972 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,419 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary armor - tactics and technology

Posted 28 June 2019 - 1827 PM

Yeah, that'll help reducing the confusion.

#1973 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 1358 PM

The suspect in the Lübcke case has retracted his confession after a change of attorneys. Of course it was pretty detailed, leading investigators to the depot with the likely murder weapon as well as an Uzi SMG and pump-action shotgun, among other things. So it's probably not going to help him much. He is also suspected to have sold guns to others.

He reportedly called the murder a "mistake" in his confession. Well, no shit.

#1974 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0218 AM

A Tornado has devastated a village in the palatinate. And no, it's not been another of Uschi's planes that crashed. So much for the good news, no the bad. Not any random village was hit but Bobenheim am Berg! My wine supply might be in danger.

https://www.n-tv.de/...le21142708.html

#1975 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,250 posts
  • Interests:Tank recovery

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0350 AM

https://www.tellerre...B1ElmekXbr.html

German journalist Sven Felix Kelleroff believes that it is necessary to demolish the Victory Monument, erected in memory of those killed in a tank battle on Prokhorovsky field in 1943. He expressed this opinion in his article published in the newspaper Die Welt.

This call created sort of storm in Russian internet, attracting attention of officials - as result,  Ris Minister of culture Medinsky (often criticized for his liberal views) had to reply with "What about demolishing monuments on Kursk battlefiields - everything that was to demolished was already demolished by Red Army. It was German tank forces in 1943, and entire German Wermacht, and whole criminal Nazi regime of Germany in 1945" (my translation)
https://iz.ru/898347...vaiR2hKZRrnR4oQ

#1976 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0410 AM

A Tornado has devastated a village in the palatinate. And no, it's not been another of Uschi's planes that crashed. So much for the good news, no the bad. Not any random village was hit but Bobenheim am Berg! My wine supply might be in danger.

First time I've heard of a tornado in Western Europe. 

#1977 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0411 AM

Excuse me but he didn't!

http://www.tank-net....ic=44049&page=1

All he says in the first article is that there is no justification for the victory monument because that tank battle wasn't a Soviet victory. And after that one sentence the monument is only mentioned as a geographical reference point.

#1978 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0426 AM

I read once that tornadoes and waterspouts are more common in southern England than in the US. The main difference being that we don't tend to have the really big ones.

I also think that we have fewer trailer parks, which as everyone knows, attract these things.

#1979 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0444 AM

They where called "Windhose" - landspout in the past. Now it is called Tornado.

#1980 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,250 posts
  • Interests:Tank recovery

Posted 13 July 2019 - 0450 AM

Excuse me but he didn't!

http://www.tank-net....ic=44049&page=1

All he says in the first article is that there is no justification for the victory monument because that tank battle wasn't a Soviet victory. And after that one sentence the monument is only mentioned as a geographical reference point.

I am waiting to see him advising USians to remove Omaha Beach memorial as Omaha Beach landing was not exactly shining  success. By the way Prokhorovka memorial is officially not "victory monument" but "memorial museum Prokhorovka field".
   But what i am pointing at is not the article by itself (as opinions like that is not new for Western authors) but Russian officials reaction, something rare to see as our officials are doing their best to stay friends with West, especially Germany.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users