#321 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 05 June 2019 - 1410 PM

Now the Pope (Can we please get someone to check him out to make sure he is not nuts?), has unilaterally decided to change the Lords Prayer.  He does not like the wording, so he has ordered it changed.  The Liberal Wing of the Catholic Church is hell bent on destruction of the Church, oh, well, one more reason for me not to attend church any longer.  https://pjmedia.com/...e-lords-prayer/

Last month, Pope Francis approved a change in the wording of the Lord's Prayer, the prayer Jesus taught His followers to pray (Matthew 6:9-15). Francis rejected the traditional language "lead us not into temptation," replacing it with "do not let us fall into temptation." This switch also cuts against the plain translation of the original Greek. Some Roman Catholics have spoken out against the change, which goes against tradition and separates them from Protestants.

Francis approved a third edition revision of the Italian Missal, as announced on May 22 during the General Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Italy. The revised translation will include changes to both the Lord's Prayer and the Gloria, uCatholic reported.

The Gloria, which begins "Glory to God in the highest. And on earth peace to men of good will," will change from "Peace on earth to people of good will" to "Peace on Earth to people beloved by God." This change is more defensible, since the original Greek of Luke 2:14 is closer to "on earth peace among men with whom [God] is pleased." This change does still reject the traditional interpretation, however.

The change to the Lord's Prayer is much more explosive, yet not surprising. In December 2017, Pope Francis argued that the "lead us not into temptation" is "not a good translation." He argued that God the Father does not lead people into temptation, but Satan does. "A father doesn't do that," he said. "He helps you get up right away. What induces into temptation is Satan."

The new changes align the meaning with the translations to other languages, like Spanish's "no nos dejes caer en la tentación". I found a bit strange that "lead us not into temptation" thing when I learnt the Lord's Prayer in English during the early 1990s, even considering it was a more literal translation from the Latin "ne nos inducat in tentationem".

#322 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 1750 PM

Now the Pope (Can we please get someone to check him out to make sure he is not nuts?), has unilaterally decided to change the Lords Prayer.  He does not like the wording, so he has ordered it changed.  The Liberal Wing of the Catholic Church is hell bent on destruction of the Church, oh, well, one more reason for me not to attend church any longer.  https://pjmedia.com/...e-lords-prayer/

Last month, Pope Francis approved a change in the wording of the Lord's Prayer, the prayer Jesus taught His followers to pray (Matthew 6:9-15). Francis rejected the traditional language "lead us not into temptation," replacing it with "do not let us fall into temptation." This switch also cuts against the plain translation of the original Greek. Some Roman Catholics have spoken out against the change, which goes against tradition and separates them from Protestants.

Francis approved a third edition revision of the Italian Missal, as announced on May 22 during the General Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Italy. The revised translation will include changes to both the Lord's Prayer and the Gloria, uCatholic reported.

The Gloria, which begins "Glory to God in the highest. And on earth peace to men of good will," will change from "Peace on earth to people of good will" to "Peace on Earth to people beloved by God." This change is more defensible, since the original Greek of Luke 2:14 is closer to "on earth peace among men with whom [God] is pleased." This change does still reject the traditional interpretation, however.

The change to the Lord's Prayer is much more explosive, yet not surprising. In December 2017, Pope Francis argued that the "lead us not into temptation" is "not a good translation." He argued that God the Father does not lead people into temptation, but Satan does. "A father doesn't do that," he said. "He helps you get up right away. What induces into temptation is Satan."

The new changes align the meaning with the translations to other languages, like Spanish's "no nos dejes caer en la tentación". I found a bit strange that "lead us not into temptation" thing when I learnt the Lord's Prayer in English during the early 1990s, even considering it was a more literal translation from the Latin "ne nos inducat in tentationem".

If this occurred under a Pope other than this one, it probably wouldn't be that big of deal. Words do mean things though, and the phrase "lead us not..." to me means looking up to God as the leader. The phrase "do not let us fall..." to me sounds like wishful thinking. 

#323 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 0534 AM

But it did under this Pope, who has in my opinion jumped the shark on so many things.

#324 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 0556 AM

But it did under this Pope, who has in my opinion jumped the shark on so many things.

One cannot disagree with you on this. 

#325 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 0521 AM

Kamala Harris abandoned the DA investigation into sexual abuse by the Catholic Church started by her predecessor.  Sexual Abuse victims were not important to her, just like they are not important to the RCC.   https://pjmedia.com/...-franciscos-da/

The Intercept now reports that Harris essentially abandoned the work her predecessor had done to seek justice for survivors of sexual abuse from Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco:

When Harris became San Francisco district attorney in 2004, she took over an office that had been working closely with survivors of sexual abuse to pursue cases against the Catholic Church. The office and the survivors were in the middle of a legal battle to hold predatory priests accountable, and Harris inherited a collection of personnel files involving allegations of sexual abuse by priests and employees of the San Francisco Archdiocese, which oversees church operations in San Francisco, and Marin and San Mateo counties.

Harris's predecessor in the DA's office was very progressive, so her about-face can't be attributed to pure political vindictiveness. Her abrupt shift was jarring and unexpected.

In her seven years as district attorney, Harris’s office did not proactively assist in civil cases against clergy sex abuse and ignored requests by activists and survivors to access the cache of investigative files that could have helped them secure justice, according to several victims of clergy sex abuse living in California who spoke to The Intercept.

“It went from Terence Hallinan going hundred miles an hour, full speed ahead, after the Catholic Church to Kamala Harris doing absolutely nothing and taking it backwards hundred miles an hour,” said Joey Piscitelli, a sexual assault survivor, who a jury found had been molested as a student while attending Salesian College Preparatory, a Catholic high school in Richmond, California.

Piscitelli had met with Hallinan’s office to discuss his case and the ongoing investigation into the church. But, he said, when Harris took over, his access to the office was shut off and his requests for clergy abuse files were ignored.

#326 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 1934 PM

Looks like the Pope is trying to change communion.  Is he determined to destroy the Church?

#327 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,439 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary armor - tactics and technology

Posted 11 June 2019 - 0113 AM

Frankly, I don't care. As long as they don't give their pedophile infestation a good dose of sunshine they have lost all moral credibility (not to speak of authority). Historically, any improvement of the RCC's practices and policies came under pressure, not voluntarily from inside the clergy. By design, the RCC is hierarchical and authoritarian. Wherever the world lets up with the pressure on the RCC (Kamala Harris, anyone), and be it out of a sense of misplaced respect, it allows the pedo monsters to continue with their sick perversions.

#328 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 0343 AM

Looks like the Pope is trying to change communion.  Is he determined to destroy the Church?

I have not read anything about that. Source?

#329 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 0509 AM

https://www.national...bout-communion/   Sorry, I was tired yesterday, and using the iPad.

#330 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 0647 AM

https://www.national...bout-communion/   Sorry, I was tired yesterday, and using the iPad.

That man does not know what he is writing about.

#331 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 1904 PM

Ok, I only saw that one.

#332 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 0322 AM

Ok, I only saw that one.

No problem, and not all that comes from Rome nowadays is bad:

Monday, the Vatican released an official document criticizing liberal "gender theory" and affirming the Church's position on LGBT topics. Many mainstream media and liberal Catholic outlets, including New Ways Ministry and America magazine, have criticized the document for being "harmful" and "ignoring new scientific understandings of gender identity."

The document, titled "Male and Female He Created Them," was signed by Cardinal Giuseppe Versaldi and Archbishop Angelo Vincenzo Zani, the prefect and secretary (respectively) of the Congregation for Catholic Education.

(...)

https://www.churchmi...iage-and-gender

Also:

https://www.nytimes....-sexuality.html

ROME — The Vatican on Monday flatly rejected what it cast as the notion that individuals can choose their gender, releasing its first extensive document on the issue as Western countries are increasingly wrestling with the social and legal implications of more fluid definitions of identity.

The document, issued by the Vatican department overseeing Catholic education, echoed past statements by Pope Francis. It argued that acceptance of flexible ideas of gender posed a threat to traditional families and ignored the natural differences between men and women.

It lamented “calls for public recognition of the right to choose one’s gender, and of a plurality of new types of unions, in direct contradiction of the model of marriage as being between one man and one woman, which is portrayed as a vestige of patriarchal societies.”

The idea of gender moving along a spectrum was “nothing more than a confused concept of freedom in the realm of feelings and wants.”

The document broke little new ground in casting doubt on gender theory and promoting traditional Roman Catholic teaching on the intrinsic biological differences between men and women. But for some Catholic advocates for a more inclusive and understanding approach to L.G.B.T. people, the Vatican document represented a significant step backward.

Edited by sunday, 12 June 2019 - 0323 AM.

#333 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 0518 AM

Ok, I only saw that one.

No problem, and not all that comes from Rome nowadays is bad:

Monday, the Vatican released an official document criticizing liberal "gender theory" and affirming the Church's position on LGBT topics. Many mainstream media and liberal Catholic outlets, including New Ways Ministry and America magazine, have criticized the document for being "harmful" and "ignoring new scientific understandings of gender identity."

The document, titled "Male and Female He Created Them," was signed by Cardinal Giuseppe Versaldi and Archbishop Angelo Vincenzo Zani, the prefect and secretary (respectively) of the Congregation for Catholic Education.

(...)

https://www.churchmi...iage-and-gender

Also:

https://www.nytimes....-sexuality.html

ROME — The Vatican on Monday flatly rejected what it cast as the notion that individuals can choose their gender, releasing its first extensive document on the issue as Western countries are increasingly wrestling with the social and legal implications of more fluid definitions of identity.

The document, issued by the Vatican department overseeing Catholic education, echoed past statements by Pope Francis. It argued that acceptance of flexible ideas of gender posed a threat to traditional families and ignored the natural differences between men and women.

It lamented “calls for public recognition of the right to choose one’s gender, and of a plurality of new types of unions, in direct contradiction of the model of marriage as being between one man and one woman, which is portrayed as a vestige of patriarchal societies.”

The idea of gender moving along a spectrum was “nothing more than a confused concept of freedom in the realm of feelings and wants.”

The document broke little new ground in casting doubt on gender theory and promoting traditional Roman Catholic teaching on the intrinsic biological differences between men and women. But for some Catholic advocates for a more inclusive and understanding approach to L.G.B.T. people, the Vatican document represented a significant step backward.

Ok, that is a good start to getting back to the moral underpinning of the Church.  

#334 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0538 AM

The US Conference of Bishops can't seem to understand there is a problem: https://www.national...ent-bureacracy/   

#335 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0541 AM

Seems some bishops deserve the evangelical millstone on the neck.

#336 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0555 AM

Seems some bishops deserve the evangelical millstone on the neck.

I agree.  But the guy made a good point, why hold it in a Hotel, instead of a Monastery where you have a religious atmosphere, and no breakfast buffet?  Since when should Bishops get a five star hotel instead of a monasteries chambers?  Seems their values are off.

#337 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0649 AM

Oh, that was a general gripe with the current state of RCC episcopate.

Just this week were news that in the early 1980s the secretary of the Spanish Conference of Bishops called the boss of the conservative party, then in opposition, asking him to not oppose so much the proposed bill for the first abortion law in the country.

#338 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 1944 PM

BOOM!  More reason the RCC is going to come crashing down:  https://pjmedia.com/...-the-gay-mafia/   https://spectator.or...t-the-basilica/  https://spectator.or...-the-hierarchy/

So in Rossi’s rise we see another case of gay predators promoting and protecting each other. Cardinal Donald Wuerl, one of the premier enablers of the Gay Mafia, naturally approved of McCarrick’s choice and has emboldened Rossi in his appalling directorship of the Basilica. Rossi, I learned recently, keeps a gay love nest in Fort Lauderdale, according to a source close to the bishops. “He shares a posh condo on the beach in Fort Lauderdale with a priest from Scranton,” this source said. Sure enough, that checks out if you type Walter Rossi’s name into Fort Lauderdale’s property records.

Listed as living at 3750 Galt Ocean Drive in Fort Lauderdale, Florida are “Walter R. Rossi” and “Andrew Hvozdovic.” Google the latter’s name and an Andrew Hvozdovic pops up as a pastor at a Catholic parish in the diocese of Scranton.

The mailing address for the owners is: “2305 Queens Chapel Rd Hyattsville MD 20782.” That address corresponds to the mansion, close to Wuerl’s chancery, where Rossi lives when he is working at the Basilica. I’m told Rossi lives at the mansion with other senior staffers from the Basilica.

Rossi drives from the mansion to his cordoned off parking spot at the Basilica in a fancy Lexus. He is notorious for “ruling by fear,” as one archdiocesan source put it. “He is the meanest, most un-Christian person I have ever met in my life.” Where other bosses might commit random acts of kindness, Rossi is famous for his random acts of meanness, popping into offices to berate staffers for minor offenses. He is particularly exacting with respect to the Basilica’s floral arrangements. “He won’t let anyone touch his flowers,” says the archdiocesan source.

Due to technicalities, New Jersey prosecutors never brought a case against Riedlinger. Before he left the priesthood, Riedlinger briefly hopped back on the American Church’s Ferris wheel of degeneracy, serving as an assistant to retired Trenton bishop John M. Smith.

“Riedlinger used to brag about his sexual relationship with Rossi,” recalled a DC source. The Star-Ledger hints at that relationship by noting an allegation from the sting’s organizers, that Riedlinger was introduced to his prey by Rossi: The men said “they met Riedlinger, a Catholic University graduate who was approaching ordination, through the shrine’s rector, Monsignor Walter Rossi.”

A number of alumni from the Catholic University of America (CUA) have told me that Rossi “hit” on them and “groomed” them. In one case, I was told, Rossi asked a CUA student about his gay roommate (with whom Rossi was overly familiar) and insinuated that the three of them should get together for group sex.

“Rossi is a gay sexual harasser of CUA students,” said this alumnus to me. A professor of theology at CUA, C.C Pecknold, has responded to the concerns my article raised among mothers and fathers with sons at CUA: “I do think the allegations against Msgr. Rossi should be investigated by the Metropolitan, but important to remember that [the Basilica] is institutionally independent from the University and not under our purview. Mr. Neumayr paints with too broad a brush.”

Actually, the strokes of my brush have never been more precise. Rossi sits on CUA’s Board of Trustees. Yes, Rossi’s long history of gay misconduct and gay sexual harassment of CUA students is a matter for Wuerl (and Rossi’s actual superior, the bishop of Scranton, where he was ordained). But surely it is a matter for the university. Or is CUA’s board okay with a board member who asks CUA students for threesomes?

#339 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 2027 PM

Silver lining:

But the American Spectator's George Neumayr believes a "day of reckoning" is quickly coming for the "gay mafia." Indeed, if brave prelates like Vigano, Müller, and others continue to shine a light on these corrupt and decadent networks in the Church, true reform will not only be possible, but inevitable.

Sometimes it is good to remember this:

I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

#340 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 0426 AM

The editor of the Catholic Herald resigns after new management takes over, apparently they want to go with the flow and not rock the boat with the RCC leadership:  

https://pjmedia.com/...d-pope-francis/  

The British journalist explained how the Catholic Herald had encouraged the bishops to speak up, "emphasizing how horrified Catholics were throughout the world."

He said they finally got a feeble and unmemorable statement from auxiliary Bishop John Sherrington of the Diocese of Westminster condemning the "sad and distressing situation."

To emphasize the impression the Bishop's weak statement made on the faithful, Thompson cited a colleague mocking the response on Twitter:

We note with regret that Jesus Christ has been nailed to a cross. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time. pic.twitter.com/ImjRcGTyBr

— Tim Stanley (@timothy_stanley) June 24, 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users