1154 replies to this topic

#1141 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1057 AM

For once I agree with Paul, the dude needs to stay in jail, and get a mental eval.

#1142 Detonable

Detonable

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1112 AM

The problem with white guy psychos is that they tend to be fairly competent in killing large numbers of people. Lets keep him locked up for quite a while.

Ill bet the Coast Guard career wasnt going so well.

#1143 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 19,847 posts
  • Interests:Military History, Aviation

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1136 AM

The drugs is what I wonder about. Was he expecting those steroids to make him some sort of super soldier??

#1144 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 19,847 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1220 PM

https://www.national...n-the-military/How Worried Should We Be About White Nationalists in the Military?
From Jim Geraghtys Morning Jolt column:

The news that a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant was arrested for plotting terror attacks was midlevel news in a busy news week. But if he had successfully executed any one of the many plots he envisioned, we would awaken the next day in a much more frightened, much more divided, much more suspicious country. Externally, he was the kind of man that is ubiquitous in the greater Washington area: To outward appearances, the 49-year-old lieutenant was a suburban father with a desk job supplying Coast Guard ships, who was glimpsed by neighbors coming and going in uniform or walking his dogs with his wife.
A 49 y/o lieutenant? LTCDR perhaps?? Still, it sounds like he was passed over and marking time until separation.

#1145 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 19,847 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1221 PM

Its also bothersome that other possible radicals seek access to the military and its training; one of the things recruiters screen for.

#1146 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1301 PM

https://www.national...n-the-military/How Worried Should We Be About White Nationalists in the Military?

There are currently 1.4 million active members of the US military and eight hundred thousand reserves.  This is one guy.  There are probably a few more and other political undesirables like antifa, but I'd be much more worried about criminal gangs infiltrating the military to sell drugs.

#1147 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1305 PM

For once I agree with Paul, the dude needs to stay in jail, and get a mental eval.

I agree.  Unless the stuff about his mental state and drug use is entirely fictional, and it most likely is not, then he needs to be in jail or a secure hospital.  I bet that if it turns out he's just an imaginative druggie and not a spree killer wannabe, we won't hear anything more of this story.

#1148 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1310 PM

The article has a photo.

So four semi auto rifles in at least two different calibers, five hunting rifles and shotguns in two or three different calibers, and six pistols in at least two different calibers.  So perhaps two hundred rounds of each caliber?  He seems to have a few extra mags, but I would expect he'd want a lot more were he serious about mass murder.

#1149 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer sims, my daughter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 1949 PM

Its also bothersome that other possible radicals seek access to the military and its training; one of the things recruiters screen for.

I believe that some of LA's 'hard, pipe hittin' gangstas' liked to encourage some of their members to join the military to learn how to actually handle weapons and not 'turn their pistols sideways'.

#1150 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 28,402 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 0922 AM

The news that a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant was arrested for plotting terror attacks was midlevel news in a busy news week. But if he had successfully executed any one of the many plots he envisioned, we would awaken the next day in a much more frightened, much more divided, much more suspicious country. Externally, he was the kind of man that is ubiquitous in the greater Washington area: To outward appearances, the 49-year-old lieutenant was a suburban father with a desk job supplying Coast Guard ships, who was glimpsed by neighbors coming and going in uniform or walking his dogs with his wife.
A 49 y/o lieutenant? LTCDR perhaps?? Still, it sounds like he was passed over and marking time until separation.

The USCG does have an OCS program that does result in some older junior officers than you might expect but a 49 yr old LT is probably pushing it even for them.

#1151 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 2021 PM

The USCG does have an OCS program that does result in some older junior officers than you might expect but a 49 yr old LT is probably pushing it even for them.

He was USMC and ARNG before he was USCG. So it sounds like services were passing the buck.

#1152 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,061 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 23 February 2019 - 2034 PM

"Plotting". Don't they mean fantasizing? There's a difference you know. Even if he's allegedly not a leftist and therefore evil up to 11. Did he actually set things in motion, made preparations other than having guns and ammo?

#1153 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 19,847 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 2035 PM

He was USMC and ARNG before he was USCG. So it sounds like services were passing the buck.

Wow.  He surely got around.

#1154 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,204 posts
  • Interests:everything (almost)

Posted 14 March 2019 - 1056 AM

Conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl apparently faked a death threat against himself during a recent trip to Minneapolis, a report said.

The conservative activist — who was in the city attempting to dig up dirt on Rep. Ilan Omar — provided cops with a Twitter message that contained the alleged threat, according to the Minneapolis Police Department.

“I hope you fu–in know that if [I] bump into you in Dinkytown or anywhere else in my city I’m going shoot you and sh– on your fu–ing bodies,” read a message from the account @Drakehomes612.

https://nypost.com/2...gainst-himself/

#1155 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 28,402 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 1654 PM

Never heard of him. What a dumbass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users