1.9.3 is here and some cuties in the video

#2 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 1633 PM

I think it will take more than a couple of cuties to save this game.

#3 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 1724 PM

It's not that bad, i still play it once a week, a bigger playerbase would certainly help.

#4 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 1826 PM

Unfortunately very few games with bad launches get a second bite at the apple.  Technically the game worked fine from day one, its problem was that it quickly turned unfun.  They might have survived that but with War Thunder out there offering a fairly polished and somewhat deep experience they didn't have time to fix it before plummeting populations made things even worse.  I know people who still play once in a while but they mostly do it because of the premium time sharing.

#5 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 1938 PM

I've heard that gold ammo is no longer purchasable with credits like in WoT and that you have to use gold.  Is this true?

Also, seriously, why does this dead game have its own subforum?  Kill it already and throw these threads into the general Gamer's Forum pool.

Edited by Skywalkre, 17 January 2016 - 1940 PM.

#6 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 2021 PM

yes you can buy "universal ammo" for credits with an improved damage, both incendiary and  AP are just pure gold. I agree that is silly.  

#7 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 2030 PM

That's pathetic.  They really are milking this dead cow for everything it's worth.  :glare:

#8 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 2141 PM

I doubt it's making them anything with the current playerbase. What helps the game is that gold and xp crosses over from WOT

#9 Allan Wotherspoon

Allan Wotherspoon

Radamanthine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 1007 AM

I've recently gone back to WoWp and the latest version is quite enjoyable, especially you you stay below tier 6.  Above that the numbers start to drop off and you get the flights of experten sweeping the skies, but in the lower tiers I'm finding the games to be a lot of fun.

#10 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,678 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 1305 PM

I've gone back for the quick fight, for destruction I prefer WoWS but for quick firing and quick fun, nothing beats the I-16

#11 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 2049 PM

I must have downloaded a different game than you all.  Yeah, I went back after some of the comments here since AW PvP is dead (and that game is likely sinking already).  Played early this morning and just now for a bit.  I made sure to give it enough time to see if what I was seeing was consistent or not.  So many issues.  Uninstalled it less than 24h after reinstalling it.

- For a game where there's no one playing it how is the server and gameplay unstable?!  In dogfights I routinely saw enemy planes jerk several inches across the screen.  At the distances I was at this wasn't shifty maneuvering, this was downright warping all over the place.  Completely unplayable.

- Garage UI is still atrocious.  Takes several seconds to load up anything you click on.

- In my first four games I was set on fire three times.  That's from ammo I can't buy unless I use gold.  That, coupled to the first point above, made AI more frightening than other players.  Whatever issues I saw above didn't seem to influence them.

- It still feels like they're just milking the players in this game for everything they can.  The ratio of premiums to regular planes is ridiculous.  From playing several games at tier 5 and taking the average of credits earned and XP it would have been about 110-150 games to move up a tier!  That's 2-3x what is needed in WoT (again, milking the dead cow).

The only positive I could say about the experience was that there was no downtime in getting into games.  This morning there were generally only 2 players per side with the rest bots.  This afternoon about half of the teams were real players.

Edited by Skywalkre, 22 February 2016 - 2056 PM.

#12 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 1158 AM

Played some games last night, about 680 online and games loaded quite quickly

Reply to this topic