16457 replies to this topic

#16441 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,917 posts
  • Interests:Tank recovery

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1648 PM

Roman, if you post a non english video, on a English forum, have the courtesy to explain, not only post it. I gess becuse you only post bad thing about Ukraine... its a ridiculously patriotic Ukrainian comic fighting demonized  Cyborg Lenin? and ghost Tsar?

But have some selfrespekt, there are russian comic out there that present Stalin as a enlighten Buddha.....

From what I understand it doesn't actually matter whether somebody reads it/listens to it. They get paid per post/thread comment.

Post-Soviet anecdote  -
Jew calling anti-Semitic organization headquarter and ask "Is it true Jews have sold Russia?" - "Yes of course they have" - "Then could you please tell me where i can get my share of money?" https://anekdotitut.ru/pro_evreev8.php

#16442 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1726 PM

That's my take on it as well. The news networks have all but abandoned DNR/LNR as a topic of conversation, now that their purpose has been served.

Another example of what Gregory claim to not exist - fresh half-hour documentary from mainstream Russian TV channel from Donetsk. Sorry, it is in Russian only. Main idea  - "It is also our war we have to fight"

#16443 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1739 PM

From https://www.facebook...8025123/?type=3

19894806_1454271848025123_88242813204559

#16444 bd1

bd1

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1805 PM

that´s a pretty good one. some old recyled soviet poster or new one?

also remind an old soviet joke 

when i was young, i slept peacefully , knowing my sleep was guarded        (by sov. army)

then i grew up, went to army. guarded people´s sleep

now, after army , i cannot sleep . because i know, how they guard   (my sleep)

#16445 Blunt Eversmoke

Blunt Eversmoke

despicable hypocrite with nothing to crow for

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Location:Sellin them conre durgs to kid,s in a school near YOU, sport! I culd go onand on!!
  • Interests:Trollin'. Get'n paided. No bonuses, tho.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 0151 AM

Putin's policy was to stop EU/NATO expansion, which was achieved.  The mess that is the rebel enclave can hang fire - so long as EU/NATO do not revert to the policy of expansion my guess is that Putin will leave the Donbass pocket on ice.  But if the prospect of Ukraine in the EU rises again, my guess would not be that it will work out well for Kiev.

Hang fire? On ice? How much do operations in Ukraine cost?

Looks to me like they don't cost so much that they cannot be sustained indefinitely.

Largely self-sustained, I'd say. Vehicles were captured in hundreds from Ukr troops in Ilovaisk and Debaltsevo kettles, as well as tons, tons and tons of ammo of all kinds.

Edited by Blunt Eversmoke, 18 July 2017 - 0218 AM.

#16446 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 0329 AM

Looks to me like they don't cost so much that they cannot be sustained indefinitely.

Largely self-sustained, I'd say. Vehicles were captured in hundreds from Ukr troops in Ilovaisk and Debaltsevo kettles, as well as tons, tons and tons of ammo of all kinds.

No need to capture some of them as they were stored in Donetsk

%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BA4.jpg

https://im0-tub-ru.y...7aaeb2eb-l&n=13

Edited by Roman Alymov, 18 July 2017 - 0331 AM.

#16447 carrierlost

carrierlost

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 0644 AM

The leader of Russian occupied Donetsk (DNR) announced today the creation of a new country "Malorussia" (small-Russia) in territory of all Ukraine (excluding Crimea).  Capital of the new state will be Donetsk, Kiev will be historical-cultural center. Ukrainian state as it was will not be restored. He thinks current goverment in Kiev not to legitemate.

To avoid chaos some kind of special transitionary period of 3 years will be in effect during which all political parties are banned. During this time the "new state" wants investigation  to the crimes of Maidan, Odessa, Donetsk.

New country wants to join Belorus and Russia.

#16448 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 0920 AM

No creativity in post-soviet breakaway eastern Ukraine, I see. And "little-USSR" would have been a more fitting name given the first action the fearless leader of this new nation took. A three year state of emergency and ban on forming political parties. 

#16449 AETiglathPZ

AETiglathPZ

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 0925 AM

The leader of Russian occupied Donetsk (DNR) announced today the creation of a new country "Malorussia" (small-Russia) in territory of all Ukraine (excluding Crimea).  Capital of the new state will be Donetsk, Kiev will be historical-cultural center. Ukrainian state as it was will not be restored. He thinks current goverment in Kiev not to legitemate.

To avoid chaos some kind of special transitionary period of 3 years will be in effect during which all political parties are banned. During this time the "new state" wants investigation  to the crimes of Maidan, Odessa, Donetsk.

New country wants to join Belorus and Russia.

And how does the leader of the Luhansk People's Republic feel about this? I expect a new round of assassinations blamed on Amerikan Zionist Teutonic Knights.

#16450 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Interests:everything (almost)

Posted 18 July 2017 - 1149 AM

Putin's policy was to stop EU/NATO expansion, which was achieved.  The mess that is the rebel enclave can hang fire - so long as EU/NATO do not revert to the policy of expansion my guess is that Putin will leave the Donbass pocket on ice.  But if the prospect of Ukraine in the EU rises again, my guess would not be that it will work out well for Kiev.

Hang fire? On ice? How much do operations in Ukraine cost?

Fuel? What about casualties. Does Russian population ignore body bags?

#16451 glenn239

glenn239

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 1207 PM

If the US can lose five thousand good men and women in shitholes like Iraq and A-stan, then who could possibly believe the Russians don't have the stomach for 1/100th the casualties in the Ukraine, which is 10 or 100 times more important to Russia than Iraq or A-stan is to the USA?

#16452 Gregory

Gregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 1243 PM

If the US can lose five thousand good men and women in shitholes like Iraq and A-stan, then who could possibly believe the Russians don't have the stomach for 1/100th the casualties in the Ukraine, which is 10 or 100 times more important to Russia than Iraq or A-stan is to the USA?

1) Russian casualties in Ukraine are closer to 2000 - about a quarter of them regular forces and three quarters volunteers.
2) Russian interest in events in Ukraine has been falling since summer of 2014, and as of now only about a third of Russians say that they are interested in in the subject. Actually, about the same amount say that they are completely not interested in what's going on over there. The proportion of people wanting to have Novorossiya join Russia has never exceed about 30 percent, and is currently running at about 18%. Clearly, Russians do not consider reunification with Russian Ukraine a high (or even a medium) priority..

#16453 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 1618 PM

And how does the leader of the Luhansk People's Republic feel about this? I expect a new round of assassinations blamed on Amerikan Zionist Teutonic Knights.

Lugansk say they learned the news from media, as they were not informed. Generally, Lugansk and Donetsk are significantly different regions - Lugansk is old Don Cossacks territory with centuries of history and generations of families rooted into it, but relatively low industry - while Donetsk is relatively new industrial region founded in last half of XIX century, populated mostly by newcomers from all over Russia and Europe (Germans, Greeks, Armenians, Jews etc)

#16454 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 1648 PM

1) Russian casualties in Ukraine are closer to 2000 - about a quarter of them regular forces and three quarters volunteers.
2) Russian interest in events in Ukraine has been falling since summer of 2014, and as of now only about a third of Russians say that they are interested in in the subject. Actually, about the same amount say that they are completely not interested in what's going on over there. The proportion of people wanting to have Novorossiya join Russia has never exceed about 30 percent, and is currently running at about 18%. Clearly, Russians do not consider reunification with Russian Ukraine a high (or even a medium) priority..

1) All casualties in Ukraine, on both sides, are Russian, as Ukraine is part of Russia. It is civil war. But your estimations (500 RusArmy servicemen) is going against pro-Ukrainian claims (who say it is official ATO leadership data) of 14 600 Rus Army personnel killed etc https://antikor.com...._odin_k_desjati
2) Russian interest in events in Ukraine is directly related to intensity of events there. With low-level shelling every day, when one or two people killed not even enough to make it headline in morning news, not surprising interest is lower that it was in 2014. But in case of bit events interest will immediately return.  What is true is Ukraine is not high on average Russian priorities list. But Russia is big country, so even relatively small % of people interested is enough in real number to run crowdunded battalions and provide inflow of volunteers to Novorossia units (not so high now as it was in 2014 - now it is Army, with all related boring stuff).

#16455 Gregory

Gregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 1938 PM

He was apparently surprised by this announcement. Probably a good idea to be extra careful when flushing toilets for the next few weeks in Luhansk.

#16456 Dark_Falcon

Dark_Falcon

The Stryker's Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 2007 PM

Oldham man jailed for Ukraine terror offence

_96936222_stimson.jpg

A British man who travelled to Ukraine to join anti-government fighters has been jailed.

Benjamin Stimson, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, pleaded guilty to an offence under UK terrorism laws.

The 41-year-old, who is the first Briton involved in the Ukrainian conflict to have faced charges, travelled out in 2015 to join pro-Russian rebels.

He was jailed for five years and four months at Manchester Crown Court.

Stimson, who went to the conflict zone in the Donbass region, admitted intending to commit acts of terrorism and engaging in their preparation.

[break]

Dominic Casciani, BBC Home Affairs Correspondent

Benjamin Stimson's case is unusual - but it's really important because his conviction and jailing illustrates that terrorism legislation is not focused on offenders from one community who turn to violent extremism for one cause.

The fighter pleaded guilty to preparing for acts of terrorism. Prosecutors have turned successfully to this offence time and again to prosecute British men who have gone to fight in Syria and Iraq - or tried to do so.

Stimson's destination was of course different - but the offence was the same because of the British legal definition of terrorism.

Under our law, an act of terrorism, put most briefly, means resorting to violence, or its threat, to influence a government or people for an ideological cause.

Stimson's decision to support a militia attacking a legitimate government therefore fell foul of the law. And that's why he's going to prison with a terrorism legislation criminal record.

To put Mr. Casciani's remarks in short format, Benjamin Stimson is the Great White (and Christian) Defendant.

#16457 glenn239

glenn239

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,105 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Gregory  1) Russian casualties in Ukraine are closer to 2000 - about a quarter of them regular forces and three quarters volunteers.

US casualties in Iraq/Astan currently are 58,000 since 2001, so right now for Russia it’s less than 1/20 the cost by your figures – indefinitely sustainable.

Russian interest in events in Ukraine has been falling since summer of 2014, and as of now only about a third of Russians say that they are interested in in the subject.

That's because the West backed off the Ukraine into EU and NATO agenda.  If that objective starts up again, then the Russians will presumably escalate in Ukraine to prevent that happening.  

Clearly, Russians do not consider reunification with Russian Ukraine a high (or even a medium) priority..

Right, but it never cross my mind that when discussing Russian national interests in dominating Ukraine that this involved some sort of reunification into a new Soviet Union.

Edited by glenn239, Yesterday, 08:55 AM.

#16458 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Interests:everything (almost)

Posted Yesterday, 10:47 AM

https://www.strategy...a/20170718.aspx

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)