Last one too big

4062 replies to this topic

#4061 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 2257 PM

The best games are in the tier 5-8 range. I am finding the UDES-03 Swedish TD a struggle to play well. The gun is good, but if you go into siege mode and get spotted, you take a lot of damage in the time it takes to release the tank to back up quickly. Playing outside of siege mode is preferred, but then you lose any hope of depression. If you can get into a good spot and stay hidden, then you can really do a lot of hurt. But it's very hard to find such spots.  

#4062 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 1138 AM

The best games are in the tier 5-8 range. 

That's what I relegated myself to as well before I quit last time.  The problem was with the MM at the time those games still largely sucked.  2-tier spread was still far too common and given the vast discrepancies now compared to when the game came out between tiers if you're bottom tier you might as well alt-tab out or suicide scout because you're going to do squat.  If you were top tier in a 3/5/7 match it was equally boring (when I got those games in my Panther/M10 all I had to do was press W to win... that's some amazing gameplay right there).

When I quit last time the MM was getting ravaged on the forums more than normal.  Have they made changes to bring in more 1-tier spread or same tier match-ups finally?

Also, whatever happened with Balance 2.0 or whatever their plan was to vastly redo, and reign in, the balance issues plaguing the game?

Edited by Skywalkre, 02 May 2020 - 1139 AM.

#4063 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 1739 PM

I don't follow the forums, I just play the game, every game has it's faults and quirks, I get enough good games to keep me happy and after playing a heavily modded Skyrim, WOT stability is refreshing enough.

Reply to this topic