123 replies to this topic

#1 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,857 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 0550 AM

The current spate of anti-Semitic attacks in New York obviously no longer fits the mass shooting thread. This one is not meant to be limited to incidents in the US, where I still believe the recent spike of reports is a fluke; probably copycat effects cascading back from last year's Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, combined with more frequent use of firearms and higher public attention than for somebody getting beat up for wearing a yarmulke in, say, South Africa. Though I'd not put just any occasion where somebody gets called a bad word for a Jew in here.

I do note that the current attacks seem to be mostly black (no reports on the present incident yet) on Hasidi, maybe because the latter are readily indentifyable as Jewish. Though apparently they tend to be not popular even among fellow American Jews. There was a thread on another US-centric gunboard some time ago full of complaints that they wouldn't even give non-Orthodox co-religionists the time of the day, and interestingly decrying tactics like making Jewish residents cheap offers for their property with the argument "you know when we move into the neighborhood, prices will drop anyway". That would be considered an anti-Semitic claim coming from any non-Jew, and seems not unlike the grievances aired by black residents about da Joos following the NJ shooting.

Attacker stabs five at rabbi's home in New York

Reuters December 29, 2019

NEW YORK (Reuters) - An attacker stabbed five people late on Saturday at a Hasidic rabbi's home in New York state and fled before apparently being arrested, a Jewish organization said, a rampage that came after days of increased tension over anti-Semitic assaults.

The Orthodox Jewish Public Affairs Council (OJPAC) said on Twitter an attacker wearing a scarf stabbed the victims at a house in Monsey, Rockland County, about 30 miles north of New York City.

All five victims were taken to hospitals, the council said, adding that two of the victims were critical, with one of them stabbed at least six times.

"The suspect fled the scene, but he is in custody at this time," the Ramapo Police Department said in a Facebook post.

The police department confirmed that five people were stabbed and said that the investigation was going on. The department did not provide any more details.

An OJPAC official, Yossi Gestetner, told the New York Times the attack happened at around 10 p.m. (0300 GMT) during a Hanukkah celebration that was being attended by many dozens of people at the rabbi's home.

About a third of the population of Rockland County is Jewish, including a large enclave of Orthodox Jews who live in secluded communities.

[...]

In more deadly recent attacks, a gunman killed a female rabbi and wounded three people during Sabbath services at Congregation Chabad in Poway, near San Diego, on the last day of Passover in April 2019.

Six months before that, a gunman killed 11 worshipers at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh in the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in U.S. history.

The Jewish holiday of Hanukkah commemorates the 2nd century B.C. victory of Judah Maccabee and his followers in a revolt against armies of the Seleucid Empire.

https://www.yahoo.co...-042332575.html

Edited by BansheeOne, 29 December 2019 - 0554 AM.

#2 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,044 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1024 AM

The current spate of anti-Semitic attacks in New York obviously no longer fits the mass shooting thread. This one is not meant to be limited to incidents in the US, where I still believe the recent spike of reports is a fluke; probably copycat effects cascading back from last year's Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, combined with more frequent use of firearms and higher public attention than for somebody getting beat up for wearing a yarmulke in, say, South Africa. Though I'd not put just any occasion where somebody gets called a bad word for a Jew in here.

I do note that the current attacks seem to be mostly black (no reports on the present incident yet) on Hasidi, maybe because the latter are readily indentifyable as Jewish. Though apparently they tend to be not popular even among fellow American Jews. There was a thread on another US-centric gunboard some time ago full of complaints that they wouldn't even give non-Orthodox co-religionists the time of the day, and interestingly decrying tactics like making Jewish residents cheap offers for their property with the argument "you know when we move into the neighborhood, prices will drop anyway". That would be considered an anti-Semitic claim coming from any non-Jew, and seems not unlike the grievances aired by black residents about da Joos following the NJ shooting.

Seriously?  You're rationalizing and justifying the attack?

#3 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,857 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1048 AM

Nah, your reading comprehension is just drowned out by projection once again.

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Godfather of Tanknet Birthday Greetings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1116 AM

I had to Google the suspect's name and go to images to learn the suspect is African American. If you've lived in the NY metropolitan area, you could make a pretty good guess.

The man accused of entering the home of a New York rabbi and stabbing five people with a machete in a horrifying anti-Semitic attack on Saturday night was taken into police custody hours after the attack.

https://www.foxnews....-rabbi-hanukkah

#5 Mikel2

Mikel2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1118 AM

It's the wrong culprit. Media moves on in three... Two... One..

#6 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 56,881 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1121 AM

The Governor of New York is pushing to have it charged as a Domestic terrorism attack.

#7 Jeff

Jeff

Godfather of Tanknet Birthday Greetings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1130 AM

Bail reform is setting suspects free after string of anti-Semitic attacks

Suspects arrested in last week’s spree of eight anti-Semitic attacks are being quickly released right back into the neighborhoods they terrorized thanks to “bail reform” legislation — which doesn’t even take effect until Jan. 1.

https://nypost.com/2...ttacks-on-jews/

#8 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 26,044 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1145 AM

Nah, your reading comprehension is just drowned out by projection once again.

My projection?*  I believe you were correct to point out that Hasidic Jews were targeted primarily because their outward appearance shouted, "I'm a Jew."  However, you went a step further, perhaps reaching into your heritage, to point out stereotypes which would excuse the attacks upon those same Hasidic Jews.

Leftists and anti-Semitism, like peas and carrots.

*Exactly what is it that you think I'm projecting? 

Edited by DKTanker, 29 December 2019 - 1148 AM.

#9 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,513 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1204 PM

I'll quickly hit the "I told you so" button...

It is this simple; Jews living in Blue cities are risking the lives of themselves and their families. And its going to keep getting worse.

#10 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,513 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1227 PM

Screen-Shot-2019-12-29-at-9.00.32-AM.png

#11 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1235 PM

There may be a gentrification and turf war aspect to the attacks that is as strong as the racial aspect.

Tessa Majors was not Jewish, but her killing and the previous targeting of specific ethnicities in the Columbia University area was never classified as domestic terrorism, however. In fact they may be forgotten.

#12 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,166 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1522 PM

I had to Google the suspect's name and go to images to learn the suspect is African American. If you've lived in the NY metropolitan area, you could make a pretty good guess.

I just had to read the article published by Die Zeit. Like in the case of the supermarket shooting they gave no, zero, nada information on the attacker(s). That lack of information itself is information that the attacker isn't white, Nazi, pro Trump.

Though they actually managed to add a sentence by some Rabbi calling on Donald Trump to take anti-Semitism more seriously.

Disinformation at its best.

Edited by Markus Becker, 29 December 2019 - 1523 PM.

#13 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,166 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1534 PM

I'll quickly hit the "I told you so" button...

It is this simple; Jews living in Blue cities are risking the lives of themselves and their families. And its going to keep getting worse.

Attacks* have indeed gone on for quite some time with very little national or international coverage. Presumably because the attackers were black.

*Attempted beatings, vandalism and so on.

#14 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1547 PM

Meh, internal shitlib warfare.  More!  Faster!  

Why should I give a fuck?  S/F....Ken M

#15 bd1

bd1

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1631 PM

hasidic rabbis as liberals? they´re more like westboro baptists of judaism. well, kinda

#16 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1834 PM

hasidic rabbis as liberals? they´re more like westboro baptists of judaism. well, kinda

I'd not really compare the Hasidim with the Westboro church. Of course they have their share of crackpots among them.  afaik they are a very conservative, still speaking yiddish, adhering to eastern european jewish customs, very strict interpretation of orthodox judaism, keeping mostly to themselves and marriying wihtin their group etc. The movement was founded in what is today Ukraine iirc.

Soooo why this black on jew attacks? The articles tell nothing. It does not look like robbery. 

So WTF is going on?

#17 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 26,044 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 1940 PM

Soooo why this black on jew attacks? The articles tell nothing. It does not look like robbery. 

So WTF is going on?

Messers Farrakhan, Jackson, and Sharpton could be enlightening.  The anti-Semitic trope by political Democratic Leftists no doubt has given no small amount of impetus.

Edited by DKTanker, 29 December 2019 - 1942 PM.

#18 lucklucky

lucklucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 2210 PM

Because Democratic Party is making a hard turn Left due to media and academia Marxists control, and some famous leaders of so called black community are openly anti-semitic.

Now with Marxist take over they are more free to be openly themselves.

#19 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,513 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 2212 PM

Goes way back, IMHO. Up to the 1967 war, the Dems were pro-Jew. By the time of the 1973 war, they had kicked Jews to the curb in favor of Palestinians and Arabs in general.

#20 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 2252 PM

Agree regarding it going way back, as Blacks versus orthodox Jews has been a thing for a while. This latest appears to be another round in the ongoing New York Gentrification Wars, which will probably get worse until some watershed episode occurs in it.