Open Beta

205 replies to this topic

#161 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,368 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 30 July 2015 - 1833 PM

Playing the SC I can't help but wonder if I should file a bug report.  Hard to imagine the dispersion is intentionally this big on purpose.  :blink:

#162 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,368 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 30 July 2015 - 2002 PM

Is it just me or have BBs almost vanished from the game?  When grinding up the USN CA line at low to mid tiers it was like 1/2-1/3 of queued ships were BBs.  Jump in the Cleveland for a few days and it's almost no BBs.  Jump back to low tiers in the SC and I've been either the lone BB or one of 2 in most games.

Did the terrible balancing of low tier BBs drive everyone away from them?

#163 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 2241 PM

FPS if fine 30 or so.  NO lag issues.  BUT the game is unplayable as it freezes ever few seconds.  WTF???

#164 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 0049 AM

On EU the queue is still full of BBs and cruisers (ca. 1:1); there are by now fewer CVs than DDs in the queue. BBs are on all tiers so people are progressing. At low tiers... Best bet if you get thrown into higher tier game is to stick to some higher ttier battleship (you should be able to keep up with Wyoming), when upgraded they have quite good AA. And while you are slow, you usually have relatively tight turning circle - get the rudder to full in time and torpedo bombers screw up. And specifically Kawachi is quite good brawler - the wing turrets allow you to quickly switch targets.

Freezes every few seconds sounds like packet loss - might not show on the ping counter, but does the red light show on the indicator?

#165 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 1304 PM

no red light showing.  Also sound quality is static. .

#166 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,248 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 1639 PM

Ship is launched?

#167 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 1833 PM

I sometimes see 3 out of 8 on each side be BB and sometimes see none.

#168 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,516 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 02 August 2015 - 0757 AM

In random games the world seems fairly well populated with BBs.  I would expect that the number of bb players who choose to play against the bots would be fairly low.  

#169 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 1528 PM

Low tier BBs are cancer.  Lost a duel to another Wyoming (who's a sub-50% shitter) with fewer hps purely based on RNG. 

WG dezine at itz best, herp derp durr!

#170 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,295 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 0135 AM

The Mygoi BB is handicapped by her 3 turrets and slow aiming speed.

#171 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,179 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 0212 AM

The low Tier BB's [SC, Kawashi] are horrible, fat, slow, incredibly inaccurate, pieces of crap.

And frustrating. Don't forget the frustrating part. :lol:

I upgraded the SC when I got it in the hopes it works better. Not much! :lol:

I'm still 3000+ XP from researching the next BB to it *sniff* Kawachi, OTOH, is still far far from the next BB huhuhuhu.... It's so frustrating to play these ships :lol:

#172 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,179 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 0222 AM

Did I mention that I had a turning, up-close battle using the Kawachi in the Coop mode?

It was fun! :D

I fought off three low-tier (I and II) cruisers. The bots got too close and went to a turning fight with the Kawachi. It's the first time that the BB's secondary armament came into play, and the fight found my Kawachi victorious, with 2 cruisers dead, and a third significantly damaged that was finished off by other team members. One of the team members sent a chat: "lol gud job in surviving" :D

I have the game set at max settings. I wonder if this has an effect in lag or something like that with the game. Considering the piss poor net connection here at Lalaland, the net is really to blame with the lag issues. But I wonder if reducing the settings to more manageable ones will improve gameplay. Not that I'm complaining much, although there are times ships disappear every now and then which ruins my aiming. And these ships are sometimes quite close.

I think I'll stick to Coop mode for SoCar and Kawachi, racking up XP and credits until I get to buy the next BBs and sell these frustrating BBs hehehehe

I so want a New Mexico 'coz she's so purtee.... :wub:

#173 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,655 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 0630 AM

Best thing you can do with sucker is to run away, blasting with rear two turret. Other than that...  :(

#174 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 0838 AM

I dunno.  I have WoWS running the lowest possible settings and still unplayable.  Whereas WoT runs just fine with no issues on the same machine. apparently I am not alone.

The lag and stuttering sound in World of Warships started shortly after the Battleship addition a few weeks ago. Since then, the game has become nearly unplayable by many. It is this issue that discourages players like myself who will go elsewhere for entertainment. Sure, it was a good game prior to the 0.4 patch. But I don’t want to waste my time losing because of rubber-banding graphics or listening to severely distorted sound.

http://galaxygamers....ld-of-warships/

Edited by Paul G., 03 August 2015 - 0847 AM.

#175 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 1820 PM

I can't tell a difference in lag.

The issue's being talked about with Myogi I suspect are excatly why the IJN didn't build the ship.

#176 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 1949 PM

Best thing you can do with sucker is to run away, blasting with rear two turret. Other than that...  :(

You can't even do that in that PoS.  I had a game where a DD was coming at me so I did the smart thing and turned away, showing my rear two turrets, and ran from him.  Given how horrible low tier BB dispersion is all my shots on him missed since he was showing his frontal profile.  Given his speed advantage he slowly closed on me and since secondaries are also a joke he got to within 2km, released torps, and killed me.

There was absolutely nothing else I could do in that situation.  It's a terrible ship and low tier BBs, in general, need serious love before this game 'launches'.

#177 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 2135 PM

As I signed in today it did an update. And the posts on the sign in page linked to talk about it. And that talked mentioned changes to the Mikasa? Where is this at? That special area us common slugs aren't allowed in? I really really really wish they had broke this game down my era. So many many fun ships will never be in it.

#178 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,516 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 03 August 2015 - 2207 PM

Right now it's available to select testers, at some point WG will decide it's ready and put it in the premium shop.

#179 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 0242 AM

So yet another ship I'll never be able to play. Thanks.

#180 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,655 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 0552 AM

Considering it is tier 2 when game goes live it will be probably available for some small amount of gold (IIRC tier 2 tanks are about 600-800 gold). I certainly hope so. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users