Clan Wars News

72 replies to this topic

#21 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,764 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1548 PM

WG is continuing the dumbassery with the next stage of CW.  Just tiers 7 and 8 this time.  :rolleyes:

http://forum.worldof...y-announcement/

#22 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,120 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1659 PM

We're up to 44,000 points already. Week took 3/4 LZs, and we abandoned the fourth only to keep chips for further movements.

This whole tier limiting is just silly. We'll take it for an M60 though. :P

#23 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,764 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1716 PM

There's also the small issue of 'pay to win', which WG claims to have moved away from.  In a tier 8 capped battle using gold the KV-5 becomes rather powerful.  The Type is arguably one of the better tier 8 meds.  Are they going to be allowed?  Why give an advantage to folks who have spent money when they claim to be moving away from that?

Also, if they want to see if this change is CWs has brought in new blood just show how many clans total took part in the event last night.  Compare this with how many different clans took part in the week before (with tank locking smaller clans won't be engaged every night so you have to look at a longer period of time).  Should be easy to tell.  My money is on the increase in the server pop last night was from clans having most of their rosters on (we usually have 30 ready per night, we had double that last evening) rather than more taking part.

#24 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,973 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1743 PM

For me clan wars is like pro basketball or hockey championships, I'm always mildly shocked to see that it's still going on and that people seem to care about it as it drags out into another round.  I will say that clan wars was a blast the first 5 or 6 nights I did it, after that it turned into a job that I quickly tired of.

#25 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,730 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1754 PM

the reason I went with a non-fighting clan, otherwise way to much like a job. Which I already have and being married means having 2 bosses already, now I need a 3rd?

#26 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1837 PM

... The Type is arguably one of the better tier 8 meds...

Not with lots of gold flying round IMO, it's best part is the armour

#27 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 1911 PM

I will say that clan wars was a blast the first 5 or 6 nights I did it, after that it turned into a job that I quickly tired of.

WG has only made this worse.

Right after I started they introduced tank locking.  Ever since I've been grinding 500k a day to buy all the tier 10s I have unlocked but don't own so I have backup tanks.  It didn't change anything, either.  Just more 'work' for everyone grinding out tanks they may not like or enjoy so they have alternates.

This campaign has forced players to go back to tiers many have stopped playing and buy tanks they sold long ago.  More 'work' once again doing something players don't want to do.

CW is also every evening, and last evening went fairly late.  Before this event the latest night I saw was about 3 hours, with under 2 being normal.  I was sitting at my pc for 3 hours when I got into my first battle, left to go out with friends, and came back to see 5 more battles had been fought.  I don't have an exact time on how much longer it went after I left, though.  For folks with normal workdays that's just brutal to expect them to commit that much time.

What would be horrible with CW being 3-4 days a week (weekdays so folks can still go out on the weekends), with 1-2 hours MAX of time where CW battles can take place?  Get rid of tank locking so players just have to grind the few trees that are good and then can play other threes if they want for fun.  Would this be awful?

I'm getting worn out on it a bit as well because of all this gimmick crap that just leads to more work and the amateurish nature of the clans (these guys have nothing on the mid-level raiding clans I saw back in WoW).  What's keeping me in are the gold payments right now.  I made over 2k last week.  It's been turned right around and back into prepping for CW so far, though.  My hope was eventually things would settle down so I could store some up and grab some other premiums or save up for WoWS.  Sadly, for the former, these CW changes almost seem bent on forcing you to spend what you earn (no thanks, what we have now isn't fun).  The latter seems less and less likely to be the case with all the info they're slowly releasing (if they hadn't taken a serious look at a unified accounts beforehand they never should've said they planned on sharing gold/credits/xp between games).

#28 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 2321 PM

That 'Free' gold from CW comes at a cost in time that I can't justify, I think in the end I'm just not an end game kinda guy.  I'm fairly happy jumping in and playing a bit when I have time but spending hours waiting around for events to drop or people to get organized just leaves me cold.  I didn't like it when raids became a thing back in EQ and haven't liked it in any game since.  I think I'd have more fun picking up pop bottles and cans off the side of the road to pay for my WoT fix than I would doing clan wars, especially as it stands now.

#29 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 2035 PM

There was talk on my clan's TS that a dev from WG has commented that this campaign will be the new norm (tiers 1-10 rather than 10 all the time like it used to be).  Ignoring the fact that they possibly came to this decision without seeing how this campaign went (which would be stupid, but then again so was the decision to make it 1-10), does anyone have a link I can see to verify this?

There's a garage sale this weekend on the NA server and I want to know for sure this stupidity will continue before I burn gold for more garage slots so I don't have to keep buying these low tiers every time.

#30 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,120 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 2138 PM

So... why should we spend money on gold to buy tier 10s again if their raison d' etre is being for the most part removed again?

#31 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 0322 AM

You will spend gold to retrain crews for the tiers as they change which is probably just as lucrative for them over multiple campaigns as people hurrying to buy the latest tier X.   Non-CW players will still spend their gold on getting the latest and greatest tier X regardless of what the clans do.

#32 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 0501 AM

From Czech clan players I communicate with, plenty fo experienced clans did not retrain skilled crews from high tier for the event - many players have "sealclubbing" crews anyway, especially if they play tournaments (funCups for example) or have lower tier Premium vehicles for crew training. Others just go for 100% crew, some clans had success even with just 75% crews.

It would seem that on EU the basic idea worked - plenty of clans landed, now the number is more in line with usual state, but the gameplay is still pretty active from what I've seen. Big clans are too busy trying to knock out other big fish to gang up on smaller clans and even though the M60s from 1st stage seem to be decided by now, plenty of smaller clans got at least some gold.

#33 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,120 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 0859 AM

You will spend gold to retrain crews for the tiers as they change which is probably just as lucrative for them over multiple campaigns as people hurrying to buy the latest tier X.   Non-CW players will still spend their gold on getting the latest and greatest tier X regardless of what the clans do.

Not really. I dropped 25k gold to convert XP and get my Leopard 1 kitted out. You actually think if I run around converting crews for this I'll spend that much gold converting my crews? I've got 3-skill crews in tanks from tiers 2-10 already--so they're losing income from me if they continue with this.

#34 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1038 AM

Btw another tip from some EU clans: they used at lower tiers crews from high end tanks, without retrainig. The 20% penlty was worrth the skills and no retraining was needed.

#35 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,120 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1239 PM

Or just spend the gold and be in a tie for first. ;)

http://worldoftanks.com/clanwars/

#36 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1516 PM

Btw another tip from some EU clans: they used at lower tiers crews from high end tanks, without retrainig. The 20% penlty was worrth the skills and no retraining was needed.

When you do that, why does the game say "This crew member cannot use his skills and perks because he is not trained for X.  Train this crew member in his Personal File."

Is WG purposefully trying to mislead their playerbase or do they not even understand how their own product works?

Edited by Skywalkre, 16 June 2013 - 1520 PM.

#37 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1917 PM

Congrats, WG, for showing once again you are a bunch of fucking amateurs when it comes to end-game content.

First, off of the below page we get the quote:

http://worldoftanks.com/clanwars/

16.0618.06 Battles are performed only using Tier V vehicles

Then off this page we get the below quote:

http://worldoftanks....lords-reminder/

June 14th - 16th During this portion of Phase 2 the tier limit for battles is tier IV

See a problem here?  Anyone?

#38 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,120 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1931 PM

When you do that, why does the game say "This crew member cannot use his skills and perks because he is not trained for X.  Train this crew member in his Personal File."

Is WG purposefully trying to mislead their playerbase or do they not even understand how their own product works?

The latter--as seen by your other post.

#39 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 2333 PM

Ok, now I interested. Do skills work if crew is not retrained (premiums of course excluded), or not?

Since it as you mentioned shows up specifically, I didn't even consider it could be a typo, and have not tried.

#40 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,430 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general

Posted 17 June 2013 - 0540 AM

Same here.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users