#21 Allan Wotherspoon

Allan Wotherspoon

Radamanthine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Interests:Military History and Wargaming

Posted 16 June 2013 - 0944 AM

Stuart, I have 5 tanks (T29, Cent 1, Cromwell, Comet & Caenarvon) that i have elited plus 3 premiums (Super Pershing, T34, & Pz IV Schmalturm). Winning one battle with each of those vehicles easily gets me between 10000 and 15000 or more XP a day.  Granted I have to convert the XP into free XP, but it makes the grind for any vehicle manageable.

#22 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1030 AM

Also generally if you don't enjoy the line, there is no point in getting to top tiers as there the +ses and -ses of given tanks are much more visible. Personally I love M103 and not that much say IS-8, but then again the 'murrican tanks suit me the best.

Conqueror is very similar to 103 in handling, so I like as well though without top engine it is a bit of a dog. 

#23 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 1055 AM

Well, hour based premium would be priced in such a way to take into account the average time played per day, so you wouldn't save much on it  ;) Might be psychologically better, but then it might also be demotivational ("I have only 1 hour of premium left and I don't want to pay more - let's stop playing after hour" instead of "I have 1 day left, let's make the most of it).

#24 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 30 June 2013 - 2107 PM

I just did a double take after looking at the after battle report from my last game that I posted about in the Mouthbreathers thread.

I just did 6k+ dmg in my 212A in a draw.  I got 515 unmodified XP.

A retard in a 50-2 suicide scouts and dies right at the start of the game.  He does zero damage.  Spotted for 500 damage.  Lights up 8 enemies.  He gets 234 unmodified XP.

That's... just not right.

I've commented about this before, how you can have an amazing game in a losing effort and someone who just manages to be on the winning team and does nothing else gets as much XP.  WG needs to take a serious look and overhaul their xp/credit system.  As an example they need to look at punishing, severely, stupid play (suicide scouting) and rewarding team play (spotting damage from players who live).

#25 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 09 July 2013 - 1701 PM

Why doesn't WoT add a fog of war?

I was thinking about this, after yet another frustrating day of trying to get my dailies on arty and how friendly players never keep stuff lit up.  To be fair, in defense of the mouthbreathers, WoT has some rather unique mechanics.  In most other games you can basically see everything or you have a fog of war hiding what you can't.  Why not add the latter into WoT?

This way even new players to the game (though unlikely new to gaming in general) would understand why that tank that they just saw isn't visible now and maybe help connect the dots.

Again, a lot is hidden in this game on purpose and WG doesn't do much to instruct their playerbase.  Just trying to think of ways to help players who are clearly struggling.

#26 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 1848 PM

They really need to make clan/special channel chat show up while playing.  Organizing a platoon can take way too long because people have games syncing at different times or lots of wasted time as you're waiting, afraid to start a game, hoping for a reply.

I still say they should get rid of actual chat in game (again, what % is useful and what % is worthless tripe?), simplify that bottom left display (everything useful there could easily fit over the middle section where ammo and consumables are displayed), and put your chat for clan/channels down in that corner.

#27 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 1808 PM

Latest idea: get rid of HE.

Something I've been noticing lately is that at least one person per game seems to be using HE exclusively.  Some clearly don't understand the game mechanics and others incorrectly think they're saving money if the HE round costs less.  Regardless of why, you have one tank somewhere that's effectively doing nothing useful.

Like in-game chat, which is occasionally useful, I think more would be gained if they got rid of HE completely.  If the mouthbreathers won't learn the mechanics, if the devs won't do more to teach them, then at least remove the option for them to make a mistake.

#28 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,432 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 2118 PM

Yes make it idiocracy for everyone cause there are some people who are useless in general...

#29 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 1631 PM

Not sure what you mean?

The days of HE being useful are long gone.  We no longer have 5-tier spreads in games with old HE mechanics that guaranteed you'd do 2-5% damage against anything.  The old 'use it to reset' argument isn't all that valid anymore given the Acc changes.  It's an option in the game that has no value except to highlight who's clueless about the game.  Yeah we can point and laugh but it's frustrating as hell when those morons are placed on your team.

#30 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 1715 PM

HE still has uses if you aim.

At low tiers HE will do more damage then AP if you use it carefully - i play A-32 regularly, it's 76mm HE does 175 damage to the Pz-III, Pz-IIV, Stug, T-28 if you aim to sides and dont hit tracks. AP does 110.

Even something as punny as 57mm HE does ~100 damage to thin skinned crap (ie. almost any tier 1-2-3).

Then there are large cal HE, today i killed hull down IS-4 at long range with Obj.704 firing nothing but HE - 350-450 damage is better then 0.

100-122mm HE one-shots arty.

152mm ML-20 w/o HE is utterly useless, do you really want to use 9600 creds premium or 135mm pen AP on tier 7-8?

Point with HE is just as with AP and premium ammo, you have to know how to use it.

#31 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,707 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 26 July 2013 - 1759 PM

With 268 I found HE very useful to give the killing blow from any aspect to almost dead enemy tanks, and for long range sniping of turrets of Russian tanks. Yes, AP could do 700-1000 damage, but 2 in 3 ricochet at long range, so HE with almost always 400 gives more DPS.

#32 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 0539 AM

I owuld like special sounds and hitmarks for Goldammo. It would be good to know if an enemy uses it.

Edited by seahawk, 28 July 2013 - 0430 AM.

#33 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,980 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 27 July 2013 - 0732 AM

I just assume they do, I'm not sure knowing what they were firing would do for you.  You can pretty much bet that if I'm bottom tier I'll be firing nothing but gold until I run out and I assume that everyone else does the same.  I stocked up up on 90mm and 105mm gold ap plus 76mm HEAT for my US tanks during the last 1/2 price sale, so I can fire it without worrying too much about the cost.

#34 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 1630 PM

I never care, or bother to ask what I was hit with. Simply because it is a factor I can not in any way influence.
Sometimes I scan around tank (when still alive) to see where I was hit, because that I can influence next time.

#35 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 1641 PM

I still think getting rid of HE would outweigh whatever benefit you get from using it now.  At high tiers with the long reload times you can't be certain that a target you'll be able to use HE against will still be a target when it is loaded (the IS-4 example?  that guy was obviously a moron if he sat there and died).

#36 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 0254 AM

HE is quite useful against thin-skinned high tier tanks, like the French mediums.

#37 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 0540 AM

HE is quite useful against thin-skinned high tier tanks, like the French mediums.

But that is marginal use which should be removed...  :D

#38 sunday

sunday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 0603 AM

But spitballs, and flamethrowers (AT 7 has a very noticeable one in the left fender), are not implemented in game, so better HE.

#39 Przezdzieblo

Przezdzieblo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 0906 AM

Yep, Tuccy, WOT players are SCREAMING for firesupport!!!!!

#40 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 1019 AM

Flame-thrower would destroy camo-net, camo-paint and optics. Possibly hurt tc aswell.
But a range of 50 meters...

Although, all Russian flame-tanks would get 300 meters range, while Germans get 25 meters. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users