Update 8.11

140 replies to this topic

#21 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 17 January 2014 - 0947 AM

Arty is still too accurate IMO.  On the tree bridges map (Can't remember the real name) in an encounter battle I parked my AT7 (Maybe AT8) between two buildings on the cap.  There were buildings on my right and left right next to me.  Really close.  Also, there was a building behind me across the road.  And another building off to the left in front.  So basically there was no direct line of sight for anyone to hit me.  I am there maybe a minute and only fired once.  Boom.  I am one shot by arty.  That is a fairly tight space.  So I think arty isn't really nerfed.  Yes they are fewer.  For TD's I think they are able to stay hidden to well.  Last night I got drilled by a Hellcat that I couldn't see.  Five or six hits and never saw them.  They kept hitting my tracks and I couldn't move.  Then I was finished off by another TD that I didn't see. 

There are also the moving and disappearing TD's.  I can see the TD as it moves.  Then it disappears while still basically in the open while moving (Yes some bushes but its moving) with no rocks or buildings in the way.  I believe that the TD camo advantage is too great.  Yes the Hetzer or STG III are low so that helps.  But they are still a big metal AFV.  I think that the camo should be based on size only, not type.  What makes a Ferdi easier to hide then a Black Prince?  That is my rant for the day.  You may all criticize me now.  I know I am not a good player and I am prone to brawling not tactics. 

#22 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 1121 AM

Lucky shot.  what you didnt see is how many shots in the game that arty missed. Cant tell you how many shots end up at the EDGE of the circle.  i think 1 in 3 is even close to the center.

#23 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 1321 PM

FV304 is pretty accurate -- but low DMG per hit.  Most of the other SPG have uber slow aiming times, uber slow reload times, and long projectile flight times.  In addition, they have relatively restricted lanes of fire due to hills buildings etc.   Which isn't to say I ignore arty.  I give it a healthy respect.  But it's pretty nerfed from where it used to be.  I think its about where it should be.  

I'm pretty convinced that the proper way to play SPG is place yourself in a position where u can hit a typical avenue of approach and stick to that fire lane.   Which often means putting yourself closer to the bullets.  The majority of SPG players just park in a corner and wait for targets of opportunity.  Parking in a corner typically severally restricts where their SPG can place fires. They are constantly shifting their fire willy nilly rather than focusing fire upon key map locations.  The majority of SPG players also run when the Reds start getting slightly close to their positions.  When they run they remove their gun from the match during periods of the match when their fire is needed most.   

Edited by jwduquette1, 17 January 2014 - 1326 PM.

#24 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,744 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 1631 PM

Lucky shot.  what you didnt see is how many shots in the game that arty missed. Cant tell you how many shots end up at the EDGE of the circle.  i think 1 in 3 is even close to the center.

So many times I can't hit a stationary target I can see, it's all about the RNG and whether the arty gods smile upon you today.

#25 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,443 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general

Posted 17 January 2014 - 1637 PM

And then, there's the one time you fire at a moving target that has just disappeared with a huge aiming circle and the RNG gods smile on you...

#26 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 17 January 2014 - 1653 PM

Arty is just gambling in WoT.  You remember those rare occasions you get lucky, remember the high, and keep coming back.  It's nothing you did (and those new charts showing w/r vs overall player w/r show arty is a lot less influenced by player skill).

#27 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 17 January 2014 - 1914 PM

So according to WOT FTR E3 and E4 won't really be nerfed (compared to say Foch), they'll lose 100 alpha but gain RoF, so DPM will stay the same.

#28 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 24 January 2014 - 1447 PM

So according to WOT FTR E3 and E4 won't really be nerfed (compared to say Foch), they'll lose 100 alpha but gain RoF, so DPM will stay the same.

They either lied or are really bad at basic math.  The patch notes show a dpm hit to both the E3 and E4 (but not the waffle... seriously?) and FTR is quoting devs as saying the changes to those two are final.

#29 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,121 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 24 January 2014 - 1613 PM

They're also saying it was intentional.

At least get your stories straight Wargaming.

#30 Max H

Max H

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 1750 PM

the ~100 dpm loss could be due to the rounding of the reload times. Waffle doesn't need a dpm nerf, waffle needs to be deleted.

#31 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 1811 PM

It's not a rounding error when the difference is a full second off what it'd need to be.

Waffle doesn't need a dpm nerf, waffle needs to be deleted.

This.

#32 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 2117 PM

I agree.

#33 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,121 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 25 January 2014 - 0058 AM

the ~100 dpm loss could be due to the rounding of the reload times. Waffle doesn't need a dpm nerf, waffle needs to be deleted.

It's not. FTR has the devs saying in blogs and Q&A different things, including one saying it is an intentional nerf of the E3 and E4s in line with the TD-wide nerfs.

#34 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 0919 AM

So how is the test for 8.11 going?  Any estimate on when it will roll out?

Edited by Edmund, 03 February 2014 - 0919 AM.

#35 eurico_viegas

eurico_viegas

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:History. SMAs. Tanks. More SMAs

Posted 03 February 2014 - 1220 PM

So how is the test for 8.11 going?  Any estimate on when it will roll out?

Soontm  :P 

#36 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 1439 PM

8.11 up and running on EU. 

#37 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 1511 PM

So what ended up happening to TDs?  Originally it was just the announcement of the alpha changes and some other minor stuff (like the nerfs to the waffle that do nothing).  Then there was mention that the camo bonus from shooting was removed and all TDs would be easier to see but later I read that was reversed.  Reading the patch notes right now it says nothing about changes to TDs as a whole and just lists the minor changes to a few.

#38 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 1548 PM

I was afraid the developers would buckle under the pressure of the TD lobby.  Please tell me it isn't so. 

#39 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 1605 PM

8.11 MM table.

MM_Table_8_11.PNG

#40 nexus6

nexus6

• Members