140 replies to this topic

#41 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,449 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 0718 AM

What is exactly broken?

+/-2 spread? Challenging but perfectly viable.

#42 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1100 AM

So do i read this that for certain tanks (at bottom) a tier spread limit applies?  Good news for a few of my tanks.

Edited by Paul G., 12 February 2014 - 1105 AM.

#43 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1105 AM

Yep, top table = general rule, bottom part with specific tanks = special MM. Most of them Premium, some of them normal.

#44 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1118 AM

Still no love for the pre-order M6? This really disappoints me with WG. We paid money for that tank and it became practically useless with the addition of more high Tier tanks. Many better premium tanks got a reduced MM, yet nobody took the time to make the simple change and give it to the M6 too.

#45 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,986 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1133 AM

WG's stance is that no one paid a dime for that tank. What they bought was the gold which was sold at a discount, the premium tanks were just sweetners, the reason they will never get any love is that WG said they would never be offered for sale after the pre-order period.  Since no one can buy them they have no incentive to make them more attractive to play.  I noticed that when they did the pre-order for WoWP there was a disclaimer that the premiums that were part of the various packages would not be sold for at least a year after launch.

#46 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1139 AM

AFAIK you cant buy a Type 59 either. I call BS that Type 59 and Super Pushkins will not have to face T10, but my plain T8 mediums will.

I do LOATH Type 59 drivers with a special glee. Even tempted to TK those on my own team.

#47 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1149 AM

If anything the T34, Löwe, and Mutant M6 should get special MM while the 59 gets normal.  Given the capabilities of each compared to normal vehicles of type and tier that at least makes sense with what they used to say about premiums.  The simple reality is there's no consistency or logic to their stance.  Don't expect that to ever change.

#48 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,449 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1203 PM

Actually it is revers, Type 59 should lose special  MM as tanks with same gun pen don't get preferable MM.

Same for T34/Lowe/M6something, if T32, KT and such don't get it why should they get it?

Exceptions are those with really horrible pen like IS-6/KV-5 and few more.

Also I don't get why T-34-3 gets preferred MM when T-34-2 does not...

#49 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1317 PM

Well, Premium tanks are more likely to get a break than normal ones, as they are supposed to be worse (and T-34-3 is quite a dog)... Main thing considered (yes, there is a logic) is penetration - and other parameters like mobility or even purpose (hence Crusader being classed as light but treated by MM and balance as Medium).

#50 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trains, Planes, and boats(Big boats)

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1341 PM

Actually it is revers, Type 59 should lose special  MM as tanks with same gun pen don't get preferable MM.

Same for T34/Lowe/M6something, if T32, KT and such don't get it why should they get it?

Exceptions are those with really horrible pen like IS-6/KV-5 and few more.

Also I don't get why T-34-3 gets preferred MM when T-34-2 does not...

AIUI the Löwe does not receive a special MM.  IIRC it never did.  It is not listed on the table posted by Marek.  They still need to fix the front armour.  It has a huge hole in it. 

#51 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,752 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1344 PM

where is the hole?

#52 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1348 PM

Well, Premium tanks are more likely to get a break than normal ones, as they are supposed to be worse (and T-34-3 is quite a dog)... Main thing considered (yes, there is a logic) is penetration - and other parameters like mobility or even purpose (hence Crusader being classed as light but treated by MM and balance as Medium).

Type 59 is hardly a dog as a T8 medium. And its not like it needs favorable treatment so people will buy it.

#53 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1424 PM

where is the hole?

The whole front is one big hole armorwise...

#54 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1505 PM

Type 59 is hardly a dog as a T8 medium. And its not like it needs favorable treatment so people will buy it.

Dunno about the Type 59 -- don't own one.  But I concur with Tucan...the T-34-3 is mediocre (at best).  

The 34-3 gets a lot of ammo rack damage and engine fires from the frontal penetrations of the hull.  Turret armor is good -- hull is crap.  

It doesn't seem nearly as agile or fast as the Type 59.  I have played the T-54 extensively and the 34-3 "feels" a lot less agile\maneuverable than the T-54.  

34-3's gun is uber annoying in terms of gun depression (none to speak of); extended aim time; and horrible accuracy.  I've missed barn doors at a range of 50 to 75 meters even when the aim bloom is fully contracted.  

It makes money -- but not on the scale of numerous much more profitable Tier 8 permiums.  This is partly due to its standard ammunition being so bloody expensive.  AP is 1025 credits per round.  It's a whoping 5600(!) per round of premium HEAT.  The 122mm HEAT for the 34-3 also seems fairly marginal as it really likes to bounce\ricochet a lot.  I found the HEAT rounds for the T69 are far more reliable and effective than the T-34-3's HEAT.  If the 122mm pens its of course nice.  But like I say, my own experience with shooting HEAT from the 34-3 -- don't.  Its not worth the expense and probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the time the stuff bounces -- or it misses due to the very poor accuracy of the main gun.  For 5600-credits it seems like it should be an auto hit/auto pen  :D

It's interesting to own -- and I suppose OK as a crew trainer.  But I couldn't really recommend the thing to anyone

#55 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1510 PM

I've explained elsewhere on here why I think they should (they fall short in so many categories compared to the other tier 8 heavies) but I'd be ok with that.  What bugs me still to this day is the Type 59 having that special MM when there's no reason for it.

#56 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1511 PM

where is the hole?

LoL... :D Yup.  It's sort what I envision a "glass cannon" being.  

#57 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1516 PM

Except that doesn't hold water with the Type 59 nor has it ever.  Just check it out compared to the T-44 on tank-compare.  The T-44 is a bloody good tier 8 medium and the Type 59 is right up there with it in so many ways (and better in many).

As for the purpose thing... when are they going to fix other tanks that should be treated the same way?  Why do the Pz 38s still get treated as scouts when that certainly wasn't their purpose?  (More importantly, as we've talked about on here before, when are they going to completely revise the concept of light tanks?  They're poorly thought out and implemented currently.)

Like I said before there's no consistency or logic behind this and that's frustrating.

#58 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1520 PM

Why do the Pz 38s still get treated as scouts when that certainly wasn't their purpose?  (More importantly, as we've talked about on here before, when are they going to completely revise the concept of light tanks?  They're poorly thought out and implemented currently.)

Probably should toss the A-20 in with the Pz38s.  It's horribly outclassed in upper tier matches as a scout.  

#59 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,449 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1543 PM

A-20 is worse in every way, and probably worst tank of game. Note that premium A-32, which is A-20 with more armor, better gun (just slightly) and BETTER mobility only sees tier 4 and 5...

At one moment I got nostalgic and since I had great fun with Luchs I took A-20 for spin figuring, what the hell, they are both tier 4 scouts, at least I will passive scout in high tiers.... Sold it after 2 battles, it is nowhere near Luchs to say at least...

#60 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,752 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1601 PM

where is the hole?

LoL... :D Yup.  It's sort what I envision a "glass cannon" being.  

Hmm interesting I'm pretty happy with it, makes scads of cash and bounces a fair bit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users