The Mouthbreather Thread

89 replies to this topic

#81 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 17 March 2017 - 0622 AM

That is the point of this, isn't it? Fun? 

Right, and it's not fun when teammates of the above caliber are everywhere. 

I think it's telling that the majority of those on my friends list quit WoWs a long time ago whereas the majority of those on my blacklist are still going.  It's frustrating that after all these years WG does nothing to separate players.  My goal is to get up to a ship where I can join rank play where that actually does happen.  We'll see if that'll actually happen before the season ends at this rate.  :glare:

#82 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 17 March 2017 - 2024 PM

Four straight games in the Kongo, topped team XP each time, over 70k dmg each game and at least 2 kills... all losses.  Too many mouthbreathers to name.

My gunnery is extremely weak given I've barely played the game since launch but how fucking hard do you have to carry to win in this game?  It's feeling like SIMM in AW all over again.  Would be nice to have some fucking competent teammates once in a while...

#83 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 1952 PM

bloodamp22

High tier BB on a map with 4 caps who hugged the edge of the map and stayed at max range all game. 

Enemy took a sizeable lead early on but slowly died off pushing into the mouthbreather above and some allies around him.  Was 3-on-3 at the end but it was irrelevant because at that point the enemy had controlled all 4 caps for a while and won by several hundred points when it was all over.

It's almost like... playing like a bitch and ignoring objectives would not be conducive to winning (he has 43% w/r).

On the bright side I found a way to tolerate playing - I just play one game each in the Kongo and Bayern.  Win or lose I move on.  Actually pulling a much better win rate since starting this.

#84 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 1131 AM

I used to play until I got the daily win bonus for each ship, but now I probably play at most 10 games (waiting for a new job to start so I have plenty of time). I do have to grit my teeth to grind some of the line, though. I'm utterly pants at destroyers and least worst at BBs, although I've been having a bit of stat-padding fun with the Nassau recently.

#85 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 1415 PM

I was doing that (playing til the daily win) but WoWs games are simply too long and if it took 3 tries on one boat you're looking at an hour gone.  At this point I wouldn't be opposed to a general speed increase across the board (reload, acceleration, etc.) and games shortened to 15m.  Unlike WoT where you almost never saw a game go to max length it happens far too often in WoWs.

#86 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,974 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 2303 PM

I used to play until I got the daily win bonus for each ship, but now I probably play at most 10 games (waiting for a new job to start so I have plenty of time). I do have to grit my teeth to grind some of the line, though. I'm utterly pants at destroyers and least worst at BBs, although I've been having a bit of stat-padding fun with the Nassau recently.

The Nassau is fun and you can see a DD realize to late you can wear them down before they can torp you. Generally if I get a good DD going for me, i make a run for it with a bit of weave, ID him to my secondaries and he be dead shortly.

#87 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 1108 AM

Almost 100k dmg, 2 kills, and we were up 10-8 when I died 6m into a game.

My team still found a way to lose...

:glare:

I should be 5-1 today but so far I'm 3-3.  Mouthbreathers seem to drag teams down more in this game than they did in WoT.  In WoT if you did double your hps in dmg it was basically a win.  So far it seems in WoWs you need to do 3-4x your hps in dmg to carry.  That's insane...

Edited by Skywalkre, 28 March 2017 - 1113 AM.

#88 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 1235 PM

My stats tell me that I survive only about 35% of games. It's a truism that you have more effect on outcomes if you're still alive, so getting dead in 6 minutes leaves far too much to the rest of the muppets. Especially BBs who tend to hang back until far too late into the end game.

#89 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 1654 PM

neels_heindl

This guy had TWO tks not even two minutes into the game.  :blink:  (This effectively ended the game before it started.  Turned into a 15m waste of time for the rest of us.)

I would REALLY love to know if his ass is still able to play or if that was a permaban.  I mean... how can it NOT be?  (He was not in a DD accidentally torping anyone... these were from broadsides to allies.)

Edited by Skywalkre, 29 March 2017 - 1655 PM.

#90 CT96

CT96

Deputy Assistant Secretary to the Dragon Slayer Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Miltary History, Geopolitics, Computers

Posted 29 March 2017 - 1959 PM

neels_heindl

This guy had TWO tks not even two minutes into the game.  :blink:  (This effectively ended the game before it started.  Turned into a 15m waste of time for the rest of us.)

I would REALLY love to know if his ass is still able to play or if that was a permaban.  I mean... how can it NOT be?  (He was not in a DD accidentally torping anyone... these were from broadsides to allies.)

I have seen players on the same division going full-on broadside against each other from the word go. Really sucked for everyone else.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users