BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,956 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 0429 AM

French police hold five over fatal knife attack at Paris HQ

Issued on: 14/10/2019 - 09:43 Modified: 14/10/2019 - 09:52

French police on Monday detained five people linked to a radicalised employee at the Paris police headquarters who killed four colleagues in a knife attack earlier this month, sources said.

Police staged raids at three locations in the northern suburbs of Paris, judicial sources and those close to the investigation said, confirming a report by the broadcaster RTL.

Mickael Harpon, a 45-year-old computer expert, stabbed to death four colleagues at the police headquarters on October 3 before being shot and killed.

It later emerged he had converted to Islam about 10 years ago and had started adopting increasingly radical beliefs.

One of the people detained Monday was an imam who preached at a mosque Harpon attended in Gonesse, who is on France's "Fiche S" list of potential security risks, one source told AFP.

On Friday, the mayor of Gonesse announced that the Muslim association which employed the imam, who followed the hard-line Salafist branch of Islam, had dismissed him.

Investigators have found that Harpon, who had access to classified data within the Paris police's intelligence division, had been in close contact with the imam in the months before his knife rampage.

The killings have raised serious questions about how police failed to notice various signs of Harpon's radicalisation in recent years, despite France being on high alert over a wave of deadly jihadist attacks.

Investigators also found that Harpon had a USB key holding propaganda videos of the Islamic State group as well as details on dozens of officers, raising fears he intended to pass them to other radicalised Islamists.

But although the IS group mentioned the attack in a weekly propaganda statement last week, it has not claimed responsibility for the attack.

https://www.france24...ack-at-paris-hq

#742 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,956 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 0336 AM

Minor event with fairly characteristic psychiatric background, but being investigated as terrorism.

French prosecutors treating deadly stabbing outside Paris as terror attack

Issued on: 04/01/2020 - 21:10Modified: 04/01/2020 - 21:10

Text by: NEWS WIRES

French anti-terrorist investigators said Saturday they have taken over the probe into an attack by a knife-wielding man who killed one person walking with his wife in a park south of Paris before being shot dead by police.

Police said the man, identified as 22-year-old Nathan C., attacked several people around lunchtime Friday in the suburb of Villejuif and they initially treated the incident as a criminal, not terrorist, incident.

But in a statement, the French national anti-terrorist investigation body (PNAT) said that while Nathan C. was known to have had psychiatric problems, worrying evidence had also emerged about his conversion to Islam and radicalisation.

“Investigations over the past few hours have allowed us to establish that he was certainly radicalised (and to show)... organised preparation for his move towards the act,” the statement said.

Additionally, they “showed a murderous path, thought out and chosen, of such a nature as to gravely disturb public order by intimidation or terror,” it said.

Earlier a local magistrate told a press conference that Nathan C. had shouted the Muslim invocation “Allahu Akbar” (God is Greatest) during the attack.

Nathan C. converted to Islam in mid-2017 and is believed to have suffered serious psychiatric problems since he was child, with several spells in hospital. In June stopped treatment he was being given.

Police found literature characterised as Salafist in a bag after the attack, Philippe Bugeaud of the Paris investigative police told the press conference.

There was also a letter “with phrases fairly typical of a Muslim man who self-flagellates and who knows that he may be about to take the plunge,” Bugeaud added.

Nathan C.’s apartment in Paris also bore “every sign that it was going to be no longer lived in,” magistrate Laure Beccuau said.

Nathan C. apparently spared a first person who said he was a Muslim and had recited a prayer in Arabic, she said.

He then attacked the couple, killing the husband and seriously injuring the wife before wounding a woman jogger in the back.

Beccuau said the two women had now left hospital.

France remains on high alert after being hit by a string of attacks by jihadist extremists since 2015, with more than 250 people killed in total.

https://www.france24...s-terror-attack

#743 lucklucky

lucklucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 0906 AM

The rewards of French state to Islamist state continue:

[GellerReport] The 16-year-old French high school student I wrote about a few days ago, has been asked by the police to go into hiding because the authorities are unable to ensure her safety, after she received several death threats for insulting Islam on social media.

The delegate from the French Center for the Muslim Cult Abdallah Zekri even said about the young high school student: “She asked for it, she has to bear the consequences.” No prosecutor will launch an investigation into his incitement to hatred – and we must have confidence in the justice system.

Mila, from Lyon, in eastern France, who claims to be a lesbian, shared a series of short Instagram videos in response to online homophobic and racist abuse from religious Muslims.

The teenager, who regularly posts videos of herself singing on her Instagram profile, told those who were abusing her that she hated all religions, she hated Islam, that there was nothing but hate in the Islamic Koran and that Islam itself was sh*t.

She subsequently received a torrent of abuse, alongside a number of serious death threats, that has led to her requiring police protection.

And now, Mila is no longer able to set foot inside her school, and she fears the incident will put an end to her dreams of a singing career.

“I can no longer set foot in my high school, and I can’t even change my high school because it’s the whole of France that wants me dead,” she told feminist publication Bellica.

I am not racist, not at all. You cannot be racist towards a religion. I said what I thought, you will not make me regret it. There are still people who will get excited, I clearly don’t give a damn, I say what I want, what I think. edit.gif

https://gellerreport...to-hiding.html/

#744 Adam Peter

Adam Peter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 1558 PM

Nice story, unfortunately it looks like no one knows about it in France, including the newspaper she gave an interview.

#745 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,956 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 1516 PM

Romans-sur-Isère: France launches terror probe after knife attack

05 April 2020

French police have launched a terrorism investigation after two people were killed and five wounded in a knife attack in south-east France.

The attacker entered a tobacconist shop in Romans-sur-Isère, near Grenoble, and stabbed the owners and a customer.

He then attacked more people at two other shops before being arrested.

Prosecutors said the suspect was a Sudanese refugee in his 30s who lived in the town. Two other people have also been arrested, police said.

At the time of his arrest on Saturday, the man was "found on his knees on the pavement praying in Arabic", prosecutors said.

David Olivier Reverdy, of the National Police Alliance union, said the man had asked police to kill him.

Counter-terrorism prosecutors said they had launched an investigation into "murder linked to a terrorist enterprise".

The suspect was not previously known to the police or intelligence services, news website France Bleu reported.

[...]

In a statement, the prosecutor's office said initial investigations suggest the attacker had "a determined murderous course aimed at seriously disturbing public order by intimidation or terror".

During a search of the suspect's home, "handwritten documents with religious connotations were found", it said.

Prosecutors said they arrested a second Sudanese man at the suspect's home and on Sunday revealed that a third person - "a young Sudanese man from the same household" - was also in custody.

Two of the wounded are said to be in a critical condition.

[...]

https://www.bbc.co.u...europe-52165522