Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,652 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 0537 AM

https://drivetribe.c...OSV21FQ9sGmj1rA

Drunk man drives soviet tank through small Polish town

Last week, a very drunk man thought it was a good idea to drive a soviet tank through the small Polish town of Pajęczno. This has to be wrong yet funny on so many levels.

The tank in question was a T-55 which came about just after the second World War and has a 9 metre gun sticking out the front. The tank actually belonged to the Polish military. The driver had access to these vehicles but as you can see, clearly got distracted.

The driver was reportedly ordered by his boss to move the tank between two transportation trailers so it could be shipped out. Instead, he thought it would be a good idea to take the tank out for a joy ride through the town. I'm sure they would have preferred him to be sober too... Not to mention that the tank was also uninsured...

The police found the tank parked in the middle of the road with the 49 year old driver nearby. He doesn't appear to have done any damage except to his own life. He has been detained and can expect be arrested for up to two years for drunk driving and even up to eight years for the dangerous situation he was in.

It also isn't easy to move a 36 tonne tank. It took the police from 9pm to 5am to get the tank off the street and onto a trailer.

#2 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,027 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 18 June 2019 - 0609 AM

Last week, a very drunk man thought it was a good idea to drive a soviet tank through the small Polish town of Pajęczno. This has to be wrong yet funny on so many levels.

The tank in question was a T-55 which came about just after the second World War and has a 9 metre gun sticking out the front. The tank actually belonged to the Polish military. The driver had access to these vehicles but as you can see, clearly got distracted.

The driver was reportedly ordered by his boss to move the tank between two transportation trailers so it could be shipped out. Instead, he thought it would be a good idea to take the tank out for a joy ride through the town. I'm sure they would have preferred him to be sober too... Not to mention that the tank was also uninsured...

The police found the tank parked in the middle of the road with the 49 year old driver nearby. He doesn't appear to have done any damage except to his own life. He has been detained and can expect be arrested for up to two years for drunk driving and even up to eight years for the dangerous situation he was in.

It also isn't easy to move a 36 tonne tank. It took the police from 9pm to 5am to get the tank off the street and onto a trailer.

About the same time as it takes me to get my wife in and out of a wheelchair.

#3 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,383 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 18 June 2019 - 0642 AM

That police car has guts.

tankpolice.jpg

#4 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,652 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 0712 AM

Im guessing you probably need a Centurion ARV?

#5 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,027 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 18 June 2019 - 0728 AM

Im guessing you probably need a Centurion ARV?

Or maybe a few Roman Centurions, actually a few Cylon Centurions may be more effective.

978322.jpg

Edited by DougRichards, 18 June 2019 - 0729 AM.

#6 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,652 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 0750 AM

:D

#7 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 1823 PM

Thanks but I'd prefer a different model of Cylon.

#8 Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Civilian tank and afv enthusiast. Collects 1/72 scale replicas although terrible at building them. Particular interest in post war US tank engines.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 0338 AM

Coming soon from Osprey publishing...

polish-police-car-vs-t55.jpg?w=470

Edited by Walter_Sobchak, 24 June 2019 - 0342 AM.

#9 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,652 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 0428 AM

Id probably buy that one. :D

#10 Paul Lakowski

Paul Lakowski

Man of the worldly means

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,763 posts
  • Interests:Armor Tech and silly humor.

Posted 30 June 2019 - 1305 PM

This illustrates WHY ,we need a "like button" on this forum.

Surely not 9 meter gun ? that would make it an 100L90 gun??? :-)

Awesome Walter...thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users