18 replies to this topic

#1 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 1634 PM

So there has been a lot of hubbub about UFO's lately, and a lot of it can be traced back to stories being promoted by people involved with the To The Stars Academy. The Drive has a good article on the background of how the  group supposedly came to be. It can be found HERE   Also figured it would be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to the subject of recent UFOs, the stories surrounding them, and this group To The Stars Academy. 

#2 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 0301 AM

I dont know, someone becomes a Rock God and they think they know anything. Back in my day we had to make do with the Majestic 12 and Bob Lazar. :)

I have to say, there has been a LOT of information coming out on the USN Sighting from 2004 of the 'Tic Tac' that is distinctly odd. Odd in that its actually quite fulsome, odd in that when the radar guys tell you objects have been appearing for weeks from well above their radar's altitude, then you know something a bit odd is going on.

https://www.fighterp...sodes/035-ufos/

I dont believe in aliens, but this does make me think there is some kind of physical reality to whats being seen. Ive grave doubts whether Skunk Works have got this far yet.

#3 beans4

beans4

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 1323 PM

I just came across this the other day.  Have to say I find it intriguing, though I'm ultimately skeptical because I don't see why a civilization advanced enough to be able to travel here would have any interest in us.  Not sure what to think of Tom Delonge;  is he really someone with a unique enough set of interests and abilities to make headway on the UFO issue, or is it the equivalent of Elvis deciding to be some kind of celebrity crime fighter?

About 20 years ago there was a web page run by a guy (cannot recall his name) who claimed to be with a group called "The Interceptors" whose purpose was to observe and document weirdness at Area 51.  If I recall correctly he said he was a PhD student in physics, and he pretty much tore apart all of Lazar's claims.

FWIW, I know (and have known for several decades) a retired guy who worked as a program manager for several defense/aerospace companies in his career.  He told me he believes the Roswell/dead alien bodies at Wright-Patterson/flying saucers at Groom Lake stuff is real.  Was he messing with me?  ;)

#4 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 1423 PM

I just came across this the other day.  Have to say I find it intriguing, though I'm ultimately skeptical because I don't see why a civilization advanced enough to be able to travel here would have any interest in us.  Not sure what to think of Tom Delonge;  is he really someone with a unique enough set of interests and abilities to make headway on the UFO issue, or is it the equivalent of Elvis deciding to be some kind of celebrity crime fighter?

About 20 years ago there was a web page run by a guy (cannot recall his name) who claimed to be with a group called "The Interceptors" whose purpose was to observe and document weirdness at Area 51.  If I recall correctly he said he was a PhD student in physics, and he pretty much tore apart all of Lazar's claims.

FWIW, I know (and have known for several decades) a retired guy who worked as a program manager for several defense/aerospace companies in his career.  He told me he believes the Roswell/dead alien bodies at Wright-Patterson/flying saucers at Groom Lake stuff is real.  Was he messing with me?  ;)

Ah, the Groom Lake Interceptors! I was an avid follower of that site back in the Day. Its still up, and the links are like stone age pre millenial angst. And a lot of fun to read.

http://www.ufomind.com/area51/

The guy you are probably thinking of was Steve Douglass. He did some really interesting posts. He not only tore Bob Lazar's story to shreds, he also did a REALLY interesting blog on the search for an A12 crash site. Because the CIA FOI request stalled, he bought a load of photographs of Nevada in the late 1960's and studied them till he found the crash site. A herculean effort. It paid off, and I remember when they found the crash site, one of the first things they found was the pilots sunglasses....

He is still blogging today.

http://deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com/

I dont think they found aliens. I could believe they had a secret project and used UFO's and dead aliens to cover for it. Although if they did, clearly it backfired spectacularly.

#5 beans4

beans4

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 1649 PM

Yeah, I think that might be the guy, the A-12 story rings a bell,  Glad he is still posting, I have a lot to catch up on :)

#6 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 2124 PM

There is this interesting take on Bob Lazar's story, and some people think that it relates to the "ufo's" in the news today. The author of this blog believes Lazar was taking people out to watch tests of  a proton beam system being tested out at Area 51, and he made up the UFO tale as part of a way to avoid prison time after they got caught. The blog author lays it out much better than I am doing trying to summarize it. Some believe a proton beam system is what caused the "UFO" incidents with the carriers. I don't have enough education on this kind of stuff to even make an attempt at a guess if any of it is plausible. 

http://www.otherhand...ective-of-2018/

#7 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 0222 AM

Tom Mahood, also of the interceptors, did a rebuttal of most of Lazars claims (Maybe he was the one who wrote it and I erronously attributed it to Steve Douglass, im not sure). Anyway, its worth a read. Basically from what I recall Lazar had a job on the range firing Smoky sams. He also used a chance meeting with Edward Teller to convince everyone he wsa a genius. When it seems he was little more than a supreme bullshit artist. I dont think he had any kind of secret clearance. If he had, he would have been looking at a 30 year stretch, if not more.

http://www.dreamland...m/area51/lazar/

#8 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 2212 PM

Those 4 links above made for some entertaining browsing... and leaves one wondering how many other corners of the internet like it are are out there unexplored.

That ufomind link should be accessed with a 486DX2-66 for the full experience.

#9 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 0211 AM

Yeah, back around 1997-1998 I was seldom off of it. It stands as a memorial to PMA (Pre Millennial Angst).

This was interesting, reportedly the Theodore Roosevelt air wing reported that some of the objects they sighted off the east coast on work up, reportedly followed them onto deployment in the Med....

https://www.thedrive...east-deployment

Seems the Aliens really dig naval air. Perhaps they finally caught a television broadcast of Top Gun up there?

#10 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0258 AM

http://earthmysteryn...-ufo-sightings/ Three more U.S. senators received a classified Pentagon briefing on Wednesday about a series of reported encounters by the Navy with unidentified aircraft, according to ongressional and government officials — part of a growing number of requests from members of key oversight committees.

Source: Politico

One of them was Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whose office confirmed the briefing to POLITICO.

“If naval pilots are running into unexplained interference in the air, that’s a safety concern Senator Warner believes we need to get to the bottom of,” his spokesperson, Rachel Cohen, said in a statement.

The interest in “unidentified aerial phenomenon” has grown since revelations in late 2017 that the Pentagon had set up a program to study the issue at the request of then-Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.). Officials interviewed multiple current and former sailors and aviators who claim to have encountered highly advanced aircraft that appeared to defy the laws of aerodynamics when they intruded on protected military airspace — some of which were captured on video and made public.

Morning Defense newsletter

Sign up for Morning Defense, a daily briefing on Washington’s national security apparatus. Email

By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from POLITICO. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Navy has played a prominent role in light of the testimony of F/A-18 pilots and other personnel operating with the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier battle group off California in 2004 and the USS Theodore Roosevelt in the Atlantic in 2015 and 2016.

The growing congressional interest is credited for playing a major role in the service’s recent decision to update the procedures for pilots and other personnel to report such unexplained sightings, which POLITICO first reported in April.

“In response to requests for information from Congressional members and staff, Navy officials have provided a series of briefings by senior Naval Intelligence officials as well as aviators who reported hazards to aviation safety,” the service said in a statement to POLITICO at the time.

The Navy had no immediate comment on Wednesday, and few details of the latest secret sessions were available.

#11 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0432 AM

It may be significant that these recent kind of phenomena always seemed to happen with Navy carrier battle groups around. Maybe it's simply a previously unknown manifestation of atmospheric interference from high powered AEGIS radars or airborne AESA radar sets. Note that these incidents started around the time the Navy got their first AESA radars on the F/A-18.

Modern AESA radars have all kinds of wild electronic warfare and attack capabilities. A radar beam slewing around a large arc in the sky and maybe creating a plasma in the air might also explain why the phenomena seemed to show movement patterns that would be physically impossible.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist, 21 June 2019 - 0456 AM.

#12 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0455 AM

I think it may partly be a case of all the camera's and sensors on modern naval aircraft. Before if anyone saw a UFO, they would have had the piss liberally taken. Now, they just over the data cartridge and brief accordingly. So I would imagine comprehension of weird shit has move on a significant degree with the new technology. Look at the video footage of the tic tac, where they even slave the laser designation pod onto the target.

I remember about a strange phenomenon that was photographed from a U2 operated by Nasa, where they would witness the lightning bouncing off the TOP of cloud formations. It was an absolute revelation. Well not quite. The early U2 pilots in the late 50s claimed to have seen exactly the same thing, but never reported it because they figured that people would think they were nuts. :D

#13 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0513 AM

Here's another article: It's always Super Hornets and APG-79 AESA radar sets. Might be significant. https://www.thedrive...tiple-squadrons

#14 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0516 AM

OK, now that IS wierd.

#15 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0524 AM

OK, now that IS wierd.

Yes, as I said above, it may be the pilots are just locking their sensors onto the superheated plasma their own radars are burning into the sky. 

#16 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,680 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 1139 AM

US Navy Patents a UFO. So thaey didnt waste all their money on LCS after all. :)

https://www.thedrive...e-tech-advances

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, 29 June 2019 - 1145 AM.

#17 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 1114 AM

Here's another article: It's always Super Hornets and APG-79 AESA radar sets. Might be significant. https://www.thedrive...tiple-squadrons

The article says E2Ds with AN/APY-9 were detecting the same targets.

#18 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 1655 PM

I know this is Snopes, but it has some interesting info on a UFO over a SpaceX rocket that exploded on the pad 

https://www.snopes.c...ocket-exploded/

#19 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 1829 PM

Ibteesam Reaz, Staff Physicist at Lockheed Martin posted this on Quora then deleted it, but it was archived. 

Don’t be naive and think the three USS Nimitz/Go Fast/Gimbal events are the only ones on the “official” books. Luis Elizondo, director of the governmental AATIP, has claimed there were “hundreds” of other incidents in the recent past which are not cleared for public release. But we needn’t care— there are thousands of governmental records (as disclosed via the Freedom of Information act) describing these craft with insane maneuverability as far back as the 40s. So, these advanced crafts do exist— there is no question about it. Here’s what we can say, noting this technology has stayed somewhat stagnant since the days of the “foo fighter” UFOs in WWII:
Someone has discovered a propulsion technology which does not rely on jets of gas or emission of particles, otherwise, we would see contrails. There are no sonic booms as the craft accelerates. This is a hint that the makers are using some esoteric form of propulsion (related to the gravitational field?).
Someone has discovered how to make: right-angled turns in all directions at supersonic speeds; almost instantaneous acceleration from rest and similarly almost instantaneous deceleration from supersonic speeds to rest. (I said ALMOST instantaneous— it may well APPEAR instantaneous due to an altered metric tensor. Thus, the apparent time taken for a maneuver would not be the same for the occupants of the aircraft.)
Thus, someone has discovered how to mitigate g-forces to a very large extent. A highly trained pilot can withstand about 10g’s. But craft described by the military regularly force their internal contents (note: occupants, if there are any) to experience hundreds of g’s. The USS Nimitz UFO dropped from 28 000 feet to 50 feet in 0.78 seconds … That is, for reference, 10 900 m/s. The craft’s other “buddies” (similarly sized capsules) previously had dropped from 80 000 feet to 20 000 feet in a few seconds.
At the same time, these crafts regularly “glow” in different colors. Red and green “firey” balls were infamously known as “foo fighters” in WWII, following Allies and Axis fighter craft in the night. Thus, the plasma field over their craft is a hint that indeed there is a lot of energy being produced by the craft since the particles are highly excited.
Lt. Graves and his fellow pilots told the newspaper that "the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew."
Among the great conspiracy theories is that they are actually the product of US government black projects. These contracts are assumed to be given out to Lockeed Skunkworks or Northrop Phantomworks. I do work on aerodynamics at Lockheed Martin at Forth Worth and have a few friends from the Skunkworks division here. Whenever I have tried to ask them about the feasibility of black projects resulting in these aircraft, they flat out say that our engineering methodologies are not far enough developed to build such craft. Besides, why would the US be pumping out $60 B on F-35s that can barely reach Mach 2?
And if we did— if we have this advanced technology for ~60+ years— why aren’t they being used in warfare today, at least in an unacknowledged capacity? Why aren’t they being used anywhere in the world in other technological applications? Lastly, how did the US (or Nazi Germany/Soviet Union, if you buy that angle) develop these craft with a comparatively primitive aerospace engineering field in the 40s? That last question is one big problem because these aircraft (with the exact same characteristics and maneuverability) have been seen at least since the 40s.

Update as of June 7th 2019
The senior-most radar technologist on the USS Nimitz, Kevin Day (also the man who ordered the intercept of the tic tac UFO) claimed there were “hundreds” of other companion craft which dropped from 80 000 ft to 20 000 ft to monitor the situation. Only one, which dropped to 50 feet, tangoed with the two jets. On his appearance of the second episode of Unidentified, he says that the fleet made it all the way to Guadalupe Island near Santa Catalina Island, upon which they disappeared from radar (meaning they had all submerged into the ocean). This really stuck out to me … because Santa Catalina is a hotspot for flying objects submerging into the ocean. Luis Elizondo hinted that, although he couldn’t go into specifics, the military probably had a strong presence on the island, judging from the many radar sites installed. Thus we are left with a stronger impetus to speculate that the US government does indeed have something to do with the tic tac. One of the petty officers’ claim that “men in plainclothes” confiscated the tapes makes more sense now. If indeed this is the case, I must say, most of the aerospace engineers who are not privy to the details of how the craft works are being played for fools. Why are we wasting so much sweat, hard work, money when some select group of people literally have technology that is beyond the reach of modern physics? The entire world and its reliance on power would change … but then again, is that a good thing for the powerful who rely on oil and gas for geopolitical control?

​

​

http://archive.is/fd...-703.0-711.1166