#41 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,399 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 18 September 2014 - 1323 PM

Anime and manga can get into really deep stuff without getting very wordy. Of course they all vary.

#42 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 1335 PM

Yeah, some of them do, I watch various kinds of anime. Became a habit, I guess,

#43 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 18 September 2014 - 1351 PM

Otaku group hug, guys?  :)

#44 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 1359 PM

Yay! :D

10606478_270523483144692_147110873735839

#45 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,399 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 1401 PM

It's probably a result of Japanese people having to often follow rules and suppress true feelings for the sake of harmony. So it's vented out with manga. A picture is worth a 1,000 words. It's also very accessible for any level of reader and the artwork can be eye pulling.

#46 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,081 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 2117 PM

DecisiveVacantAmurstarfish.gif

#47 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,081 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 1919 PM

FljFnAw.jpg

U20qu4q.jpg

hzZV3uf.jpg

#48 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 2127 PM

Always thought Perfume were good performance singers. This video is 2008 but age here is still 19, 20ish. The group is still active. Here is "Computer City"

Those microphones look like something other than microphones.

#49 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 12 October 2014 - 2128 PM

How is this not Japanese?

http://www.space.com...xploration.html

#50 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,399 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 0500 AM

That is the dangerous side in Japan. It is not violence. It is isolation and despair driven to acute levels by the machinery of capitalism. That for a person to fed on that material puts shame on them, a shame on their face that can't be hidden, as sub-cautiously, they know they consume dirty materials and wish to hide that. The isolation and shame acts as a catalyst and goes up and up. At some point, it over comes the will to survive. Hence a cause of the high suicide rate. I stand firmly against that filth as the industry size behind it is far beyond the point of a little societal wiggle for stress relief, reasonable level of freedom of expression, or exploration. Post it here if you must, but as it is greater than it should, you'll have to pardon my take on it as I won't hold my tongue and let it go without objection. It is disgusting and defiling, a true cause of almost inescapable despair. As a teacher (English) part of my job is quite the opposite, it is to inspire, to motivate, and even for some, to give hope.. along with developing the skill of English.

Edited by JasonJ, 15 October 2014 - 0502 AM.

#51 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 31,851 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 15 October 2014 - 0920 AM

That has nothing to do with capitalism.

#52 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 0943 AM

Because tentacles

http://whofortedblog...ught-singapore/

#53 Heirophant

Heirophant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 1510 PM

That is the dangerous side in Japan. It is not violence. It is isolation and despair driven to acute levels by the machinery of capitalism. That for a person to fed on that material puts shame on them, a shame on their face that can't be hidden, as sub-cautiously, they know they consume dirty materials and wish to hide that. The isolation and shame acts as a catalyst and goes up and up. At some point, it over comes the will to survive. Hence a cause of the high suicide rate. I stand firmly against that filth as the industry size behind it is far beyond the point of a little societal wiggle for stress relief, reasonable level of freedom of expression, or exploration. Post it here if you must, but as it is greater than it should, you'll have to pardon my take on it as I won't hold my tongue and let it go without objection. It is disgusting and defiling, a true cause of almost inescapable despair. As a teacher (English) part of my job is quite the opposite, it is to inspire, to motivate, and even for some, to give hope.. along with developing the skill of English.

Well, the Japanese are always at pains to distance themselves from other Asians. They say they are unique and different. Maybe they should be taken at their word?

#54 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,399 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 2223 PM

That has nothing to do with capitalism.

Capitalism is involved like it is involved in any other industry. It's not an argument against capitalism itself. It the use of free market, free enterprise, and desire to make more money, even when morally wrong. Capitalism is a vehicle to help it spread by exploiting sexual desires in weak minded people and using said profits to try making greater profit by making more exotic, more variety, products in anticipation of continuing the income flow.

Edited by JasonJ, 15 October 2014 - 2353 PM.

#55 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,399 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 2233 PM

Well, the Japanese are always at pains to distance themselves from other Asians. They say they are unique and different. Maybe they should be taken at their word?

They have their limits on how far they will distance themselves. Flying to Qutar and on to Europe, the flight was full Muslims in their white clothing. Nothing against Muslims here but a Japanese woman, western clothing, dyed hair, found greater familiarity from the Korean woman next to her. Taiwan is another that they won't distance themselves very far from. North Korea is obvious, how could they be blamed. China is a mixed bag. Many Chinese from what I can tell from Chino's post, lack the settle, on the surface gentle approach. A Japanese commoner won't have to try hard to be different from a Chinese commoner.

Furthermore, the perversion I addressed above is largely sociological issues, not nationalism.

#56 mnm

mnm

Plague doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • Interests:Totally uninteresting.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 1523 PM

Furthermore, the perversion I addressed above is largely sociological issues, not nationalism.

Hey Tomas, there's a package for you!

#57 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 1655 PM

They are talking about repressed, closeted, bitter perverts... AFAIK the only thing Tomas is repressing are his urges to kill ;)

#58 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 16 October 2014 - 1715 PM

Here's a really good article about the serious problem with Japan today (also read the comments after it).

http://japaneseruleo...m/sex-in-japan/

#59 mnm

mnm

Plague doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • Interests:Totally uninteresting.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 1335 PM

AFAIK the only thing Tomas is repressing are his urges to kill ;)

That's what he wants you to believe.

#60 Martin M

Martin M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 1344 PM

Always thought Perfume were good performance singers. This video is 2008 but age here is still 19, 20ish. The group is still active. Here is "Computer City"

Those microphones look like something other than microphones.

Londoners !

14. November   NOW

they still have tickets. Go, if you live there. Too expensive for me 500 at least, all tolled. :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users