#7122 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,646 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 1435 PM

Yeah,that probably had something to do with it.:D

I love that it's clearly trying so hard to be top gun, but it's also a Bollywood epic.

#7123 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 1710 PM

Finally saw the trailer for The Madalorian. I am stoked; finally, we are getting the showdown we wanted between Gus Fring and Apollo Creed.

#7124 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 1859 PM

Finally saw the trailer for The Madalorian. I am stoked; finally, we are getting the showdown we wanted between Gus Fring and Apollo Creed.

I like the western vibe it gives off.  Looking like Star Wars for adults. Same cinematographer as Rogue One btw. 

#7125 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 2011 PM

"Sticks and Stones" by Dave Chappelle is a riot. Takes-no-prisoner style stand up is back. Pissing off the pc crowd wholesale.

#7126 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 0612 AM

I am trying to keep my expectations for the Mandalorian from getting beyond what the entire franchise may never be capable of delivering again, but I like what I hear about its makers and what I have seen so far. 

I will hand it to Disney for continuing to pour resources into this galaxy.

Edited by Nobu, 30 August 2019 - 0613 AM.

#7127 WRW

WRW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 0623 AM

Saw Lion King remake recently - loved the Graphics

no much good in cinemas here at present

Saw Alladin and liked it also...maybe need therapy

#7128 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 0655 AM

Amusing take on the Ariel thing (warning, lots of foul language);

hilarious quip in the middle, right after I took a sip of coffee. Not a good combo.

#7129 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 2144 PM

The problem is it's set in the new, now canon SW universe of the latest trilogy.  I'm curious if they'll try to salvage that story through this show.

There's also the annoyance (not from price, just from the hassle of yet a different streaming service) that this show will be released in weekly episodes instead of in one big dump like Netflix.  You'll have to be subbed for a couple months to see this show as it comes out.

#7130 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 2151 PM

So... where's John?!

#7131 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 54,646 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 0218 AM

He went off and did his own thing before the apocalypse. I would guess this is in the timeline before the one with the A10's in.

I really wish they could kill off this franchise. They should have put a bullet in the head after T2, which was just about perfect.

#7132 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 0752 AM

I really wish they could kill off this franchise. They should have put a bullet in the head after T2, which was just about perfect.

I watched part of T1 the other night, and while entertaining, it showed just how good T2 was.

#7133 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 1246 PM

He went off and did his own thing before the apocalypse. I would guess this is in the timeline before the one with the A10's in.

This is a reboot, of sorts, for the franchise.  All the movies after T2 didn't happen (which isn't a bad thing... none of them was anything more than 'meh').

The implication in the trailer is that the war with the machines is inevitable and all Sarah did was push back the date.  Appears the young girl in the film is either the mother of, or herself, the future leader of humanity in their inevitable war against the machines.

Still... why would Sarah still be out there kicking ass and not John?  I get the real reason why (that actor let himself go, is a nobody, and probably couldn't be ready in time coupled to the producers/director/big shots wanting to do the whole 'empowered women' thing with the current cast) but from a basic plot 101 perspective it doesn't make sense John isn't around and playing a big part.

#7134 Yama

Yama

The only honest Scorpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 1748 PM

In related news, at recent D23 event Disney previewed number of coming movies, including Rise of Skywalker, this is a promo piece/trailer they showed. First minute is montage of the previous movies (including prequels!), then bits of the new stuff. Unlike the teaser, this gets me slightly excited and hopeful that the movie will at least look good. And hey, A- and B-wings!

Edited by Yama, 31 August 2019 - 1753 PM.

#7135 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 1903 PM

In related news, at recent D23 event Disney previewed number of coming movies, ...

You know how it's going to end.

ENG_20190828.x76493.png

#7136 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,456 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 0803 AM

Heard what they did to Bruce Lee. Kind of a sore spot with me. But otherwise I heard it is a big f u to modern Hollywood as much as it is a love letter to Old Hollywood.

His daughter is really not happy with it, says it makes him look arrogant. Tarantino launched into a rant about how everything he read said he was arrogant, which to my mind is his traditional response to criticism.

Yes, Bruce Lee is portraied as a really arrogant twat. Monologueing about his philosophy. Lecturing the people on set. Certainly not a good lihght  arantino puts him in. but then, a little chinaman in Hollywood that can easily beat up anyone around him can become arrogant with this rush of power.

#7137 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,456 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 0807 AM

Yeah,that probably had something to do with it. :D

I love that it's clearly trying so hard to be top gun, but it's also a Bollywood epic.

There is even a Bollywood movie with the usual trappings about the Kashmere conflict. they really make every kind of movie in bollywood style with singing and dancing.

So about that Terminator reboot... :D

#7138 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 54,646 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 0819 AM

Bollywood Terminator. I require your Clothes, your motorcycle, and a dance, huh? :D

#7139 Martin M

Martin M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 0843 AM

Sword of Lancelot 1963

quite entertaining, loads of battle scenes - real ones - well real fake ones with hundreds of comparsons,  and much cleaving and smitting  - Peckenpaw style.

Cornel Wilde as Lancelot is disturbing,  as he speaks in a gay French accent  " ah . . vee hav many of the enemy killed zis day " in a sweet tone.

Cannot help thinking of Monty Python (they must have used this for inspiration), and of Peter Sellers as Monsieur Cloussaut :-)

#7140 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 2229 PM

WTF?  :lol: